Media Buying out a ban and playing the same season

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by tsibs88, Mar 20, 2018.

Tags:
?

Should players be allowed to play in the season they were banned or have to wait for next season?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2018.
  1. Player should be allowed to buy out ban and play the current season

24 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. Player should not be able to play again until next season even with a ban buyout

116 vote(s)
    82.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bottle_man

bottle_man Still moving even when the legs stop.

Ratings:
    +330 / 80 / -76
    Habitual quitter/team issue :eek:

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    bottle_man
  2. Painfullyslain

Painfullyslain Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 2 / -1
    Should be serving the ban for the rest of the season in my opinion, after serving the remainder of that season sure do whatever you want

No Streaming Account
  3. xKeeping

xKeeping Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xkeeping_57999#0
    Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -5
    Honestly this league will always be cancer. If you were in tris' position you'd wanna make some money off this as well. That being said the people who always get banned are the same guys every time. The people who demand off a team like 9 year olds not getting their way, or people diving around the ice like olympic swimmers. IMO instead of bans, like the real NHL, they should suspend players for X number of games like more often, with no way to buy it out. Obviously 2nd taggers, booters get the bans, but more suspensions would be welcomed

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    navyynick
  4. TeeSibs

TeeSibs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65

....says the guy who has spent enough on HUT to send a kid to college!!! ;)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    tsibs88
  5. Wingnutdrw53

Wingnutdrw53 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Wingnutdrw53#1228
    Ratings:
    +269 / 27 / -182
    It took me a few years just to balance out even Sibs lol All for an expiring Crosby and a few hut coins. Lesson learned!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Rise_Of_Knies

Rise_Of_Knies Well-Known Member

Discord:
    oneteeovi#0
    Ratings:
    +1,002 / 335 / -632
    Also how does a bog not step in and issue discipline to players who have evidence provided against them by quitting mid game (serpe) and then he gets the royal treatment and traded to his dream team. That is where the league also fails in stepping in

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Thee_Ghosty

Thee_Ghosty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    thee_ghosty#0
    Ratings:
    +607 / 19 / -101
    When it comes to bans, what I would like to see is this;

Get rid of seasonal bans and only issue a 1 season. Player on a ban can't return for that season. After that 1 season ban is done, that player must now pay a fee to return. The fee keeps doubling after every time that player receives a ban.

No Streaming Account
  8. premierplayer

premierplayer Well-Known Member

Discord:
    premierplayer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,049 / 350 / -520
    Nothing will change unless players push for it. Vibez idea that a poll is a waste of time is wrong and doesn't hurt having open discussiona.

• Like Like x 1
    premierplayer
  9. Dangletownsniper

Dangletownsniper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 25 / -47

I don’t believe this is going to do anything for the league except generate more revenue. The kids who live for it will pay regardless just look at how much people drop on HUT. It doesn’t matter how much it costs, as long as there is a way to benefit off manipulating the systems in place the players with the ability or desire to do so will.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. OcEaNtOmBs55

OcEaNtOmBs55 Degravees55

Ratings:
    +68 / 20 / -14
    I mean it’s like putting a kid in timeout and then giving him a snow cone right after him being in timeout... what good does that do? There are so many in’s and out’s to the league, shit like this should be read by bogs... take others opinions and put it to a vote amongst ALL management.

Oceantombs55
  11. Wingnutdrw53

Wingnutdrw53 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Wingnutdrw53#1228
    Ratings:
    +269 / 27 / -182
    You have a point, but for the most part a $100-$200 price point will deter most players. There’s always going to be the players that will spend whatever.

No Streaming Account
  12. TheShoeMoney

TheShoeMoney Confirmed Shitter

Ratings:
    +65 / 19 / -15
    Here's a tip, don't be a douche and break rules you won't get banned, then the league is free to play...

• Funny Funny x 1
    TheShoeMoney
  13. Dangletownsniper

Dangletownsniper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 25 / -47
    You clearly missed the point.

No Streaming Account
  14. TheShoeMoney

TheShoeMoney Confirmed Shitter

Ratings:
    +65 / 19 / -15
    I did read it wrong. I agree with you haha.

TheShoeMoney
  15. JCeeZ-_-

JCeeZ-_- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    JCeeZ#7706
    Ratings:
    +225 / 8 / -15
    • Like Like x 1
    JCeeeZ
  16. JHughes86-

JHughes86- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    frann8686#0
    Ratings:
    +78 / 3 / -19
    Lololo

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Tcx7

Tcx7 Pokemon Master

Discord:
    Rico#2183
    Ratings:
    +2,128 / 39 / -103
    Hi, I'm a bog that's been reading what happens on the site. While the system in place at the moment is kinda garbo there really isn't anything that can be changed about it RIGHT NOW. That being said, if anyone ever has an idea on how to improve the league in their eyes, myself and the rest of the league staff always have pms open.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    MyNameIsRicoAndILikeYou
  18. ussyucker88

ussyucker88 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Honestly they should be allowed to play right away, they are spending their money for it.

No Streaming Account
  19. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    I enjoy these threads because it gives me an opportunity to get a feel for how some of the community feels about an issue. After reviewing this thread and others with similar concerns or ideas end up seeing two things. First off, I rarely see suggestions of improvement. Often we get a concern send to us and its more or less "this sucks, deal with it". Secondly I see some inconsistency and what appears to be a lack of understanding when it comes to how these rules are applied. The issue with the second statement is until a user here has a full understanding of how a process works it makes it extremely difficult for that user to give constructive criticism to have the system addressed.

Those of you who are not aware, the money obtained from buyouts doesn't go to me what so ever. So the notion that I don't want to change this rule because I make money from it is untrue. I just want to make sure everyone is aware of that.

Secondly I've always felt that serving a punishment was far more harsh or "better" than allowing a buy back system. With that being said, the current system is setup FAIR better than any of the previous system. I understand it is ridiculous that a player can simply refuse to play, then buy out in the same season to return. But that point that is missed often is the fact that the buyout will return the player to their original contract. So if I get traded to a bad team, and I quit because I don't want to play for this new team I'll be issued a ban. But if I later say fuck it and I want to return, I'll end up back on the TC of the team in which I didn't want to play for... therefore I am actually paying money to return to the situation I quit on in the first place.

Keeping in mind the system is now tiered. Therefore the first ban is 50 second is 75, third is 100.... but what many haven't seen yet since the system is new is the fourth ban, fifth ban etc will be a MANDATORY SERVE. The kicker is after the player servers that ban, he will THEN have to pay 100 to return EVEN AFTER THE BAN WAS SERVED! This timeline also won't reset for five years... Therefore our repeat offenders getting a ban or two a season are going to be in major trouble shortly.

The other side of the coin is we hold managers to a higher standard hence why if a manager quits, they DO NOT have a buy-out option to return within the same season. The technology is already there to block a return in the same season if that is truly something we as a community want to add.

I think when we ask questions like this, and people vote one way or another what interests me the most is their "why". Some of you have replied in this thread as to why you feel it shouldn't be accepted. Others haven't. What is important when we look to address things to make LG better is giving the reasons why we feel how we feel, or think of we think. My entire role here now besides education of players and managers, providing information weekly, and overseeing the day to day operations is to ensure I explain why. Why is the rule this, why is the standings that, why are the playoffs set up like so... etc.

None of this I take personal, and I truly enjoy reading it because in the ten years I've been doing this a lot of what we have is based on what suggestions our community has brought forward.

As we continue this discussion, be sure to give some reasoning. And as always if you want something addressed by me or Tris, tag us.

Thanks

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  20. Thee_Ghosty

Thee_Ghosty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    thee_ghosty#0
    Ratings:
    +607 / 19 / -101
    I like this Brodie but is the mandatory time served used after 4th or 5th ban or will it be incorporated in all bans?

I feel like most of the community doesn't want players to be able to return from a ban mid season.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.