Calling all CHL Management hopefuls!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by eMLBCommish, Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Hi guys,

Now that we're deep into bidding, it's time to look ahead at the formation of the CHL for Season 1. This is a call to arms for CHL GMs to manage for Season 1, helping people grow, develop, and understand the LG Model. There's obviously going to be moving parts being a feeder league, but this means you will also take on additional talent with mid-season signups!

Here's what we want:

- Gamertag
    - Past Experience Managing in 6s Leagues (be specific):
    - Why you think you'd make a great CHL Manager

Reply to this thread, and we will send you a PM to complete, and an interview not long after.

In my mind, rewards being a CHL Manager includes future consideration for higher level management. It can be an ideal opportunity to first try your hand at management.

In order to have a CHL, we need Management. We have an idea how many Managers we need to get a healthy dose of players playing...That means you are needed!

Thanks, and we appreciate everyone's interest!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    fkncommishlb
  2. BluDrew28

BluDrew28 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -2
    BluDrew28
    Agm vhl (xbox)- 2 seasons
    Agm chl(xbox) lg- 1 season

Why a good pick- My real life experience in insurance makes me acquainted with risk management which line management fits right into.

In addition as a goaltender I have gotten to see good defense and offense and know not only the qualities to look for in pick ups but also what skills are needed for these players to achieve nhl greatness.

Last of all I would not be bitter of any of my players moved up but grateful that as a manager one of my players made the big leagues.

bludrew28
  3. NeWFie-KaNaTa

NeWFie-KaNaTa Xwhat???

Ratings:
    +91 / 19 / -22
    NeWFie-KaNaTa
    Zero Experience

I am easy going and reliable yet an hard ass who wont take **** from people. My lack of experience will be made up for by a commitment to my team and my ability listen to criticism and to learn quickly. Nothing else to say really other than I'd appreciate the chance and hope to get to know you all better in the coming weeks!

Thanks,

#13 Preston

NeWFie_KaNaTa
  4. King-Shadow

King-Shadow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 2 / -6
    I have no Management Experience but I've been taught and mentiored by a Gm that's currently in this league I believe I have the skills and leadership to run a team my name is Brodtshadow13 given the opportunity I'd like to think I'd relish and become a respected Gm in the league hope to hear back thanks !

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. smyles57

smyles57 Has been LG vet

Discord:
    smyles57#1953
    Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -10
    smyles57
    No previous experience
    Is there a better place to start your managing career than LG? Nope. I've played in another league and have seen first hand how not to run a team. I plan to create a friendly, open-minded, open doored environment so all players feel welcome and are treated equally. I am currently unemployed so I can dedicate a lot of time to the league, my potential team, and the players on the team. Hope to hear from you guys soon with good news!

• Informative Informative x 1
    smyles57
  6. IllVIBEZIll

IllVIBEZIll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104
    I'll run a team if need be. I have zero experience running an online hockey club but I've ran entire gaming communities before in various different games. My hockey knowledge is second to none and I think that combined with my experience with keeping online communities flourishing makes me a prime candidate and a potential asset to your our community.

• Like Like x 1
    zubov_x_21
  7. BUBBA_B_DRUNK

BUBBA_B_DRUNK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    BUBBA_B_DRUNK

no experience managing 6s teams. But I have plenty of experience managing actual sports teams. That has taught me how to deal with conflicting personalities

I think that I would be a good manager because I can help newer players develop their game. Teach them to play their assigned positions properly and play as a unit instead of individuals. As a chl gm my goal would be to get these guys the skills to get called up. And of course to win. I am an operations manager at work. So i have experience with scheduling and the issues that arise, managing budgets, and getting my guys to develop chemistry(or at the very least not kill each other)

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Deadsoul_Rising

Deadsoul_Rising Well-Known Soul

Ratings:
    +114 / 1 / -2
    Deadsoul_Rising

I have no previous experience managing a 6s team, though I believe I have the qualities and maturity to help build a team of like-minded, skilled, and passionate players looking to have fun, and take the game to new levels of enjoyment. I am 33 years old and have played over 2000+ games in OTP last year(200+ this year in EASHL drop ins) and really got to learn how to play well with others. I have suffered through the worst, but also been pleasantly surprised with the amount of players out there who not only have the skills and talent to make this game fun, but addictive. I have over a decade of experience in sales/customer service and have managed my own businesses. I am a quick learner and enjoy taking on new challenges and experiences. I don't have kids or a family to distract me so I have the spare time to dedicate to this league to help make it run smoothly and properly.

I have met a lot of great people online who I never thought I would, and I’m glad there is such a large and passionate community of players out there. I believe the key to a successful team is organization, respect, chemistry, and an overall positive attitude and atmosphere amongst the players and team. I have played enough hockey to pick out the talent and see the much overlooked qualities of many players. I find too often that many players who score a lot score because they are playing for themselves and points, not for their. I am a team player and I know that the best hockey is played when everyone on the ice has this mindset and puts the team first ahead of themselves. This is the attitude I would build first with my team if given the opportunity to build one. I prefer players who play as a team as a whole and who like to cycle the puck and get everyone involved. I don’t play with players who criticize one another’s mistakes, but instead help each other evolve through constant positive reinforcement and constructive criticism.

Though I lack direct managing experience related to league gaming or any other such leagues, I am confident that you would not be disappointed in selecting me as one of your CHL owners. There are a lot of people out there with some real talent and looking to join a serious, well organized, and well put together league such as this one. I thank you for your consideration and look forward to hearing from you!

Deadsoul_Rising

• Like Like x 2
    Deadsoul_Rising
  9. Xhekaj l72l

Xhekaj l72l xloachx

Ratings:
    +24 / 3 / -0
    My psn is jmckinnon8. I have never ran a 6s team but I played lghl for xbox 360 and was with one of the owners so I got to see how to run a team the right way. Ive played the nhl games since 2000. I know a lot about hockey and this game. I can also be fair with everything I do and will not pick favourites

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. BUBBA_B_DRUNK

BUBBA_B_DRUNK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Got to withdraw. Talked to a buddy whose managed teams in league. I don't have the time to give it the proper attention it requires. Sorry guys

No Streaming Account
  11. TOOXplicit

TOOXplicit Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TOOxplicit#0598
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Psn: Barry McCocin

Prior exp: I have never managed a team in a league such as this but I have managed my eashl club, and have helped take us as far up as div 1.
    I do have actual real life managing experience and most importantly the time to devote to getting things done, play and help build this league.

I believe I would be a great team owner or manager because simply I know the sport(grew up playing), have the time to devote to the league and know that respect in this game as well as league is a number one priority.

No Streaming Account
  12. savedbytuukka

savedbytuukka Please delete my account. I mean it

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    savedbytuukka

No prior experience running a team

What I lack in experience, I make up for in knowledge and wanting to learn. I am passionate about hockey, and while I don't claim to be an expert in every facet of the game and operations, I do have quite a bit of knowledge on how the game is played. My ultimate goal, of course, is to win games and championships, but I know the only way to accomplish that is to have a team with great chemistry and by having fun playing the game. I would be supportive of all players and respect every style of play if it is working toward our team goal. I would expect my players to behave in a professional manner in all areas of LG, both on and off the ice.I would not tolerate any of my players putting down another player for any reason, regardless of the team or league the other player is on. I would expect my team to be supportive and encouraging to each other and treat their opponents with respect as well.

SavedByRask
  13. MikeyBoy02NY02

MikeyBoy02NY02 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -3
    Question before applying. This won't affect my NHL stint with the Colorado Avalanche will it? I am definitely interested in applying for a CHL management position if it doesn't affect that. Please reply back when you can. Thanks in advance guys

• Funny Funny x 2
    NYRangers241
  14. m_sibs

m_sibs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 1 / -4
    Gamertag: m_sibs

Past Experience Managing in 6s Leagues (be specific):
    None. Played briefly in a couple of other leagues.

Why you think you'd make a great CHL Manager:
    I want to play in the NHL but if I can't do that right away I want to play 6s every week.
    And if I'm going to play, I want to win every game. And that means I need the best team.

• Troll Troll x 1
    misibs
  15. TBrown223693

TBrown223693 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    - Gamertag: WAYYtooSHORT
    - Past Experience Managing in 6s Leagues (be specific): Captain in PHL for VGHL
    - Why you think you'd make a great CHL Manager:I have experience managing teams but my only virtual 6s league management time has came in the PHL in VGHL. I have managed clubs in prior NHL games. I love the aspect of being the manager and being able to add the extra out of game experience to make my team the best. My goal is to be an owner in the LGHL but I would like to start from the bottom and work my way up. I want to prove to not only myself but others I am worthy of being owner rather than just getting to be an owner because a spot was open. I will give my team the most of my time and give them the best chance at victory.

No Streaming Account
  16. TKull

TKull Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Psn: XxTkullxX
    Past experience: none
    Why i would make a good manager: I already have a six's club and were looking to branch out from eashl as there is nothing else for us to accomplish. I would like to sign up my own team and pick up extras if possible, if not i will draft and start a new.

No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.