Calling Out The Stockton Heat....

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by sheer_Iuck, Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheer_Iuck

sheer_Iuck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    So I don't know why the Heat filed for a forfeit win after having all 12 guys ready to play at 9:50. There was still 40 minutes to play the game when we got our sixth guy which wold have been plenty of time to play the game before the 10:30 game. Especially after we asked for a time extension to get a sixth guy. There was a reasonable amount of time left to play the game and we even had all 12 players sitting in the lobby and the Heat refused to ready up as we sat in the lobby for ten minutes before they all left (having photo evidence of the event).

As stated in the rule book "In the best interest of what the League stands for, forfeits are deemed a last resort." however the Heat tried taking the forfeit as the first resort, trying bail and not earning the right for a win. To be honest we would have destroyed the Heat with our lineup we had in. So the Wolves as a team are calling you guys out. Don't be pussies and earn the two point tonight and play us tonight at 10:30 because we all know that the forfeit you guys filed for is bullshit.

IMG_0825 (1).JPG

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  2. smashNgrab21

smashNgrab21 smashNgrab21

Ratings:
    +15 / 9 / -2
    My question would be why are they (Heat) still in the lobby at the point of you getting 6 players in, and then refusing to play. That makes no sense at all.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. XSBUCKS

XSBUCKS Calgary Flames Owner

Ratings:
    +110 / 3 / -25
    They waited 26 minutes as per the stream. Where i will attach for you to make your own judgement on Sheer Luck.... Making a team wait 26 mins for a game is unacceptable.... After 15 minutes of waiting the game is considered a FF. There will be a judgement by tomorrow on it I am sure. Then i suppose we will see who's proof is better.

http://www.twitch.tv/psychicoctopussp/v/50187951

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    xsbucks
  4. smashNgrab21

Ratings:
    +15 / 9 / -2
    I agree that, that length of time is unacceptable but why are they all still in the lobby waiting if they were going to call a forfeit? Surely they get the evidence they need and call the forfeit and everyone finds another game to play.
    Because to me, The Heat all waiting in the lobby implies that they are all still waiting to play...

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. XSBUCKS

Ratings:
    +110 / 3 / -25
    As much as I do in fact appreciate your point of view on it.... During the point that they were sitting in the lobby at the 26 min mark... They were inquiring with me on what to do. As i was setting up my own game at that time, the response time was a little bit slow. Still not 26 mins slow ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    xsbucks
  6. smashNgrab21

Ratings:
    +15 / 9 / -2
    I don't disagree with your post in the slightest Bucks, and if it was my team i would be pissed. But there again we would have probably left about 7-10 minutes earlier. lol.
    But i can definitely see why the other team is now "calling them out".
    If i was asked what happens with this game, i would award the Heat it by forfeit... because rules are rules at the end of the day! (Things need to be done differently in future)

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. sheer_Iuck

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I just don't understand why the Heat sat in the lobby not readying up then with all 12 players sitting in the lobby at 9:50 with enough time to play the game before the 10:30 game. Obviously you did not want to play us and would rather take the easy forfeit then earn your points. We got a player 23 minutes after 9:30, so your telling me you sat it out just to say screw it we are taking the forfeit after we got our sixth guy. If the Heat left after 15 minutes I would understand but you waited things out and then refused to play us. If forfeiting is to be used as a last resort why did you guys refuse to play us, you would have needed to wait till 10:30 to play the next game anyways

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. XSBUCKS

Ratings:
    +110 / 3 / -25
    Thank you sir. I am not mad about it at all. I have shown every one of my opponents in the NHL and AHL the most respect with FF's. Our NHL team has given up 6 total forfiets at the beginning of season due to another league finishing up. We chose not to make the other team wait for 15 minutes for us to attempt to find someone. After my team messaged me on skype at 22 mins late. I responded 3-5 mins later with "The time given is plenty to try and get the game going. As much as I hate to do it. You are going to have to Forfeit them." To take it to a whole different level of "Calling out the Heat" . Well that's their perogative, and the heat have been taking "Heat" all season from most of the players. So really we ignore it. Our evidence is provided. And will take the FF win. If that's teh way the League decides to go with it. If we are ruled against, well that's what they deemed as correct, and we take the loss.... Good luck to your season.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    xsbucks
  9. punisher4124

punisher4124 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 2 / -11
    I see both points. Stockton by right has a valid claim to a forfeit win. However i do agree the could have still played the game that would of been the sporting thing to do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    punisher41244124
  10. XSBUCKS

Ratings:
    +110 / 3 / -25
    Again, what happens if DC's what happens during restarts? Am i to take a FF loss on Game 2 due to the fact that Game 1 was 26 mins late? No

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    xsbucks
  11. sheer_Iuck

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I honestly have nothing against anyone of the Heat players but instead I felt the situation could have easily been compromised on in good faith with sportsmanship. And like I see no reason why we can't play the game out tonight seeing as people will be on for the 9:30 game anyways. I would not want to win by forfeit if I had choice so why not just play the game tonight and have either of the teams earn the two points.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. XSBUCKS

Ratings:
    +110 / 3 / -25
    I would've probably considered it until this thread popped up. i have better things to do than spend 2 hours on here defending my actions.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    xsbucks
  13. XSBUCKS

Ratings:
    +110 / 3 / -25
    Don't be pussies and earn the two point tonight and play us tonight at 10:30 because we all know that the forfeit you guys filed for is bullshit. <~~~~<<<< And that. Absolute lack of respect.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    xsbucks
  14. XSBUCKS

Ratings:
    +110 / 3 / -25
    Especially out of you Sheer Luck...... You have been part of "Other" Leagues for a long time and know better than to call out someone like this.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    xsbucks
  15. sheer_Iuck

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I wasn't calling anyone person out but rather the team. I was extremely frustrated with what happened last and to be honest it felt like a slap in the face and disrespectful for you guys to stick around and wait for us to get a sixth guy (implying that you would play) and then refuse to play us afterward. Like if you were not going to play why make us wait around and scramble to get a sixth guy.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. XSBUCKS

Ratings:
    +110 / 3 / -25
    As i explained, You slapped us in the face by making my team wait for that long. You had one guy pop in then leave at the 16 minute mark. Why didn't you play then? Again here are my points in more of an organized form sir.

1. 26 mins late for game.
    2. You had a guy come in for 30 seconds, while the other guy sat in the middle (Could've got game going then)
    3. The time spent when all 6 finally showed up, was my AHL management asking me what to do based on the 26 mins prior.
    4. Rules clearly state, if you need time from the :05 , You can ask for 10 minutes. giving you until :15 before a FF
    5. You rape my management in private PSN messages after.
    6. The "call-out" here.
    7. Will be waiting on ruling for FF, Which i had actually felt bad for until this thread.

Next time talk to me like a human being in private, as opposed to calling my team a bunch of "Pussies" as you know they are not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    xsbucks
  17. Kojakle16

Kojakle16 The Slippery One

Discord:
    Kojakle#7543
    Ratings:
    +264 / 13 / -44
    we can talk all day about how the heat are cocksuckers, but it really doesn't matter. 23 minutes late for a game is just ridiculous. maybe they waited because they didn't bother to leave? maybe one of the players had an nhl game to go to. hell, 23 minutes. you should have told them to just play a drop in game. lol. other people got shit to do, not wait all day because a team can't organize itself.

if the league doesn't give the heat their forfeit, thats grade a ridiculous and i'll be very disappointed. game at 9:30 means READY at 9:30, not turning on ps4 at 9:30 to find out your console doesn't work. too many games start at 9:40 imo. most clubs don't have 6 guys at 9:35, i think i've started one game on time so far.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Kojakle
  18. DocRestrepo22

DocRestrepo22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -2
    You said it in your very first message "a forfeit is deemed as a LAST RESORT" So before going that route a reschedule should at least be attempted to be set up and an official request for reschedule sent to the league. That's just my opinion from what I've learned and read.

• Like Like x 1
    matttrafford21
  19. XSBUCKS

Ratings:
    +110 / 3 / -25
    Constitution Doc

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    xsbucks
  20. IllVIBEZIll

IllVIBEZIll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104
    Sorry I'm late to the party,

first off this thread in itself is probably not needed. However I totally understand the frustration on the part of my players.

Hard rules aside, I can say I've personally given people a half hour + before. Why? because I'm confident in my team and don't look for high ground screaming forfeit at first chance.

Now hard rules, first let me shed some much needed light. Lost in all of this is the fact that Stockton did not even send and invite until 9:37, and we actually had to go hunt them down for one. So right off the bat there's 7 minutes tacked on to the Stockton side of the equation. Also Buck's big claim here is "26 minutes". Which is also a lie. For I have messages from him before 9:56pm stating how "Sorry bud, but we're going to have to take the forfeit". The sad truth is that Stockton ran to the forfeit as a firs resort.

As Sheer_luck did an amazing job in highlighting forfeits are supposed to be used as a last resort. While the exact timeline is hard to prove, I think one thing here is certain. Stockton backed out and used the forfeit as a means to gain ground in the standings for the knowlesge they would not be able to defeat us was clearly floating around the locker room. I don't think it's any secret that Stockton is a one line team and after that line they are barely mediocre.

Anyway, as GM I'd like to make the official statement from the wolves.

The statement is that we side with the league. Whether or not they want to allow a clear abuse and entanglement of the rule book to persist is up to them. But we side with them. They're job is hard enough without extras added on top.

But from all things I've seen especially considering Stockton did not invite on time, this game undoubtedly SHOULD have been played.

As far as a reschedule goes, like the old saying. Any time, anywhere.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    zubov_x_21
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.