Cant Deal With This Shit

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Golf Tour' started by Stieny75, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Stieny

Stieny Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +309 / 10 / -9
    I honestly cant deal with the wind difference on courses between players. Now, im not saying that with no wind i would be able to highly compete because my putting game is atrocious.

My 1st round at the 2nd tourny was decent with around 3-4-5 mph winds. I left for one hour and the fucking winds increased to 20 MPH!!!

I know im only a small fish in a big pond, but, im not going to enjoy playing this type of game mode if winds are not the same across the board. I can tell that it isnt because off tees, the ghosts are hitting 30-40 yards more than me on most holes. At least 14/18 holes start with an against wind tee shot and your ball literally dies right when you hit it. You cant get momentum and your shot is slicing and hooking more than a little kid playing fruit ninja.
    [MENTION=4]Tris10[/MENTION], if you are in contact with HB, please ask them to address the issue of setting winds across the whole course for all players.

Im sorry if it sounds like im being a little kid but its a bit frustrating seeing your shot slicing left right away when you hit it perfectly off the tee shot

Stieny75
  2. Alphabird007

Alphabird007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    This should help tissue.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  3. Wicked Clappah

Wicked Clappah Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I assumed we all had the same wind speeds.

No Streaming Account
  4. Stieny

Stieny Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +309 / 10 / -9
    • Like Like x 2
    Stieny75
  5. ooDROPPoo

ooDROPPoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    yea i def noticed the wind too....buy i blow with or without it...so it sorta a moot point for me...:-&

No Streaming Account
  6. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    3-5 MPH winds? Fuck give me some of that I'm happy to see 11 mph winds during play.

• Like Like x 1
    Sevv_09
  7. Wicked Clappah

Wicked Clappah Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I had 15 and 16 the entire round.

No Streaming Account
  8. GreasyGogan

GreasyGogan Chief of Heimbecker

Ratings:
    +1,722 / 66 / -49
    I usually hit up a practice hole or two on the course before playing. If the winds are high there then I don't go near the tour but if the winds are low then I attempt it. It's risky but it's worked for me

Jay_Rulez
  9. Mav x19x

Mav x19x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 18 / -31

How would fapping help anything here.. common ;)

Maverik19
  10. Noobinator156

Noobinator156 S17 Stanley Cup Champion

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38
    My only complaint is the 92% bullshit. I know were just waiting on a patch, but it absolutely ruined my second round. Went in the water on 2 because of it and then left me with no angle at the green on 4. Rage inducing I tell you!

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  11. Gnashty41

Gnashty41 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 3 / -3
    anyone else have the problem of the ball rolling like a Mother F*** when chipping or pitching and not doing shit when you putt?

No Streaming Account
  12. Porcupine Tree

Porcupine Tree Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Like in real life wind isn´t constant, why would you want it in a golf game who´s looking to be as authentic as possible? Watched the PGA tour this weekend and of course the pro´s didn´t all have the same conditions...

PS. I also suck when the wind blows.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. HedCase

HedCase Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Here's what I do, hope it might help because I agree that the wind difference can be irritating. I play the first hole and if the wind is reasonable (10mp or less ) I carry on playing. I've noticed that the wind will be constant (within reason) for as long as you carry on playing. If it's not reasonable, I play something else and come back and try again.

The problem with the wind, IMO, is not that I expect it to be the same every time I play, or the same for everyone, but I DO expect it to be similar if I exit and come back half hour later.

IME, the game can switch from 3mph winds to 20mph winds in a short space of time, if you exit the game. And that isn't realistic IMO. Its almost as if the game randomly selects wind speeds every time you start the game.

Personally, I think the game should select a wind speed for the TOUR so that every one has a level playing field. Which was one of HB's selling points :)

No Streaming Account
  14. Scorpioblue

Scorpioblue Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Have the same complaint regarding the 90 - 92% issue... Can totally kill a round ... (For us rookies there's hardly any chance of pulling it back once your round had crumbled ... )

No Streaming Account
  15. Buckseyy

Buckseyy T-Rex Arms

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I do like the option of having the wind being a choice for each tour. Have the choices as calm: 1-6. Breezy: 6-12 windy: 10-20. I know nothing of designing games, so I know nothing about how hard it would be to patch this in down the road, but I feel that would be so convenient. The wind differences make the tour unbalanced at the moment but nothing is ever perfect.

Buckseyy
  16. F5 Penguin

F5 Penguin #NoFilter

Ratings:
    +1,222 / 4 / -22
    Because in real life, you can't back out of a round if the winds are bad. Those with more time are doing just that. Sucks for those who can't have that luxury of restarting if winds are bad.

f5penguin
  17. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    Rounds should be bracketed relatively close conditions. I'm sorry but in preseason in the same round one person had sub 4mph winds the entire time playing and I had 15 as my lowest wind speed while playing at the same times. That in it self is sort of bullshit, let alone what is posted about backing out due to winds.

Sevv_09
  18. Porcupine Tree

Porcupine Tree Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Honestly never though about the option of backing out. Realize I don´t take gaming serious enough, for me it´s the pleasure of playing a round of golf doing the best with what I´m given.
    So I see you point.

Now I´ll go back to checking if there any wind outside, I might have to stay home from work if it´s too windy...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  19. Mr Tweek 1

Mr Tweek 1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Interesting to see not one person posted a score on sunday when the winds on the second course were up over 10mph including myself though I didn't go to the tour to check.. but as soon as those winds dropped Monday morning everyone started posting like someone flipped a switch...

• Like Like x 1
    MrTweek1
  20. Wighty43

Wighty43 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Maybe HB could be persuaded to patch the game where at the generation of a tournament the game selects the wind setting for each round. You might still get wildly varying winds from day to day, but it should be the same for all players during a specific round.

No Streaming Account