"How To" Changing My Sign-Up Position?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by LG McDonald, Jan 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Ratings:
    +10,588 / 68 / -508
    The number one question staff and I get each off-season tends to be "how do I change my sign up position?" The system is currently open now, and will close at 17:00 on the date of the NHL Entry Draft.

For Season 10, the deadline will be Jan 31 - 17:00.
    Staff and I also offer a 23 hour window between NHL and AHL bidding, as well as between AHL and CHL bidding for players to change their position as well. An alert will go out site wide when this window is opened.

Here are the basics on how you can change your sign up position!

1. Are You Eligible To Even Change Your Position?
      • Based on our current rules, players who are free agents for the season in which they are signing up for are the ONLY PLAYERS eligible to change their position.
      • To check to see if you are a free agent, head over to your League's forum section, then click on rosters. Scroll down and find yourself.
      • [​IMG]
      • In the above example, LG McDonald is on a "1S 0R" contract, where Papa Adams is on a "3S 2R" contract. What that means is LG McDonald is on a "1 season contract, with 0 seasons REMAINING". Adams is on a "3 season contract, with 2 seasons REMAINING".
      • Therefore when LG McDonald signs up for the season, he is considered a free agent thereby eligible to change his position. BUT Adams is still under contract for two more seasons, and is NOT eligible to change his position for two more seasons when he becomes a free agent.
    2. Step #2 - Signing Up For The Season!
      • In order to change your seasonal position, you need to sign up for the season first!
      • [​IMG]
      • In the top tool bar, to the left hand side you'll see the option "How Do I". Clicking there will open up the sign up screen for ALL leagues.
      • [​IMG]
      • Here a player can select the league he or she wants to sign ups for! MAKE SURE YOU ARE SIGNING UP FOR THE CORRECT LEAGUE! WE OFFER SIMILAR LEAGUES ON BOTH CONSOLES! BE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SIGNING UP FOR!
      • [​IMG]
      • He sure you read the information in the yellow box! Also, click the "agree" option in the read line! If you wish to review our Terms of Service, you can click on those words in the red box which opens a link to our TOS! I you HAVE NOT read that yet, I strongly recommend doing it!
      • [​IMG]
      • When a player signs up for a season, it will show up in said player's profile news feed!
    3. Step #3 - Action Center Request!
      • Majority of the requests a user needs to make is handled by our Action Center!
      • The Action Center can be accessed from ANY of the league forums! It is located in the league tool bar, right in the middle!
      • [​IMG]
      • Once you access the Action Center, head to the "Request" option! From there select "PRE SEASON POSITION CHANGE" from the list of options! Then begin to fill out the request.
      • NOTE: THE INFORMATION IN THE RED BOX STATES "REGARDLESS IF A PLAYER IS SIGNING UP FOR THE NHL-AHL-CHL, THE LEAGUE IN WHICH MUST BE SELECTED TO CHANGE YOUR SEASONAL POSITION NEEDS TO BE LGHL!" *OR LGHL PSN - FOR OUR PSN PLAYERS"
      • [​IMG]
      • A successful positional change will show in a players profile news feed! Therefore if you are unsure IF you positional change worked, head to your profile to double check! Anyway to check would be to go back to the Action Center and make another positional change request. If your first request was successful, the position you are listed as for this second change will be the new position you just changed to.
    4. Exceptions - Additional Information
      • If a user signs up for the season and is promoted to management. That manager will be given a specific deadline to have his or her position locked for the season. ALL MANAGEMENT POSITIONAL CHANGES ARE HANDLED MANUAL BY THE BOG VIA THE "ROSTER CORRECTION" THREADS LOCATED IN THE MANAGEMENT OFFICE.
      • Players under contract ARE NOT eligible to change position! Players agree to the length of their contracts, be certain you are comfortable with the position you are in prior to agreeing to a long term contract.
      • THE ONLY TIME players can change their positions is during the off-season while the window is open!
      • Prospect Players who are headed to the NHL Entry Draft will have the position they signed up for for the current season listed as their draft position.
      • Staff and I do NOT manually change positions! Player are response for their sign up positions!

Any questions in regards to sign ups and positional changes can be sent to @LG McDonald! Any site technical issues can be sent to @Tris10

LeagueGamingOfficial
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.