Club Challenge Issue Poll

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by The-Statistician, Feb 23, 2017.

?

Do you notice a difference in game play (input lag) between club challenge and drop in/regular club?

1. yes, club challenge always feels sluggish in comparison

57 vote(s)
    44.5%
  2. yes, but only sometimes does it feel sluggish

29 vote(s)
    22.7%
  3. no, I find club challenge is smoother

13 vote(s)
    10.2%
  4. no, I see no difference

29 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. the-statistician

the-statistician Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +140 / 2 / -4
    Since moving back to club challenge I've been having connection issues and I know I'm not alone.

What i'm specifically talking about is the feeling of sluggish skating or just a general input lag issue when compared to the drop in code system. Nothing extreme, but a noticeable difference in game play.

I'm just curious if this is an isolated issue where I can't seem to connect properly with people on my team or a league wide issue.

Thanks

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    statistician66
  2. Lowkey_Clapped_U

Lowkey_Clapped_U Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Everyone better get good internet lmfao

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    tylerlowkeygaming
  3. Krusey55

Krusey55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -1
    i just hate the whole players dropping when moving from the CC DR to the lobby multiple times and taking way too long for the actual game to start.

• Like Like x 1
    krusey55
  4. the-statistician

Ratings:
    +140 / 2 / -4
    Took 4 attempts last night to get into our game.

• Like Like x 1
    statistician66
  5. Windmillsfordayz

Windmillsfordayz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +568 / 41 / -104
    I've been having troubles with club in general the last little while. I'm not making it into 50% of the lobbies

Windmillsfordayz
  6. AgedQuod

AgedQuod Do or do not, there is no try

Ratings:
    +211 / 9 / -21
    Yeah, happened twice where I had connection issues in club challenge, juste like last season until we moved to dropins with codes. And the 2 games it happened, one of our player wouldn'T transfer from dressing room to lobby, connection would jump back and forth from Poor to Fair. I wasn,t the only one with a lag for the whole game, the whole team mentioned they felt a lag.

Teams should have the right to play dropin with a codes if club challenge is giving connection issues to a team. I've played one game with an average of 89ms ping with spikes at 140. aint no fun.

The codes are still there. Why not use them if the connection is off right from the lobby?

slivers311
  7. steelersfan26

steelersfan26 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    steelersfan26#0
    Ratings:
    +102 / 12 / -21
    All depends on who hosting the game

steelersfan26_
  8. Dherms18

Dherms18 #18 C/RW

Discord:
    Dherms#3595
    Ratings:
    +198 / 5 / -6
    From what I understand, it's harder for management to take stats as a result of the game not being recorded through the API.

• Like Like x 2
    Dherms18
  9. Taiter x 32

Taiter x 32 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    taiterx32#0
    Ratings:
    +457 / 12 / -19
    I wouldn't say it's harder, but you need 5 pictures instead of 2 with the API. Then lag outs happen, the player summary doesn't load all the time then it really becomes rather difficult and annoying!

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. Krusey55

Krusey55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -1

yeah that's what i mean, at least when we used the drop in lobbies hardly anyone every dropped.

krusey55
  11. ceeg87

ceeg87 Shirk made me a cake to tell me I suck.

Discord:
    ceegzki#6994
    Ratings:
    +118 / 6 / -14
    It's more work. With the API, I average having stats up within a couple of minutes / before my player has sent me all four images if I'm not in the game. With the OCR, there was the process of walking players through taking the pictures then having them struggle to send them over, followed by the OCR always failing to pick up at least one or two players because no one keeps their player names updated. There was also the game last season where we had 2 separate lagouts and it took me 90 minutes to do stats, whereas we had the same thing happen in a game last week and it was just a couple of extra clicks but still less than 5 minutes to have stats up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    Robocrow123
  12. Taiter x 32

Taiter x 32 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    taiterx32#0
    Ratings:
    +457 / 12 / -19
    I understand that, but it's nothing substantial IMO. I could still have stats up in 5 minutes with pictures myself without any lag outs etc. Just agreeing that CC DR seems to be a bit wonky etc. Now if you have more than 1 lag out in a game pics get out of hand fast then OCR screws up, but it comes with being management.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Dangletownsniper

Dangletownsniper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 25 / -47
    Get better internet and quit blaming EA I never have issues except for when I play with certain players that I know have lesser Internet.

• Troll Troll x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. the-statistician

Ratings:
    +140 / 2 / -4
    100Mbps Down/25Mbps Up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 3
    statistician66
  15. Dangletownsniper

Dangletownsniper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 25 / -47
    Decent numbers if that's what you're actually getting and not a "up to" figure. I know I rarely have a ping higher than 10ms except for the aforementioned situation.

No Streaming Account
  16. the-statistician

Ratings:
    +140 / 2 / -4
    I just ran a test on the PS4, gives me 40 down/10 up half of what the test on my PC is showing.

Personally though, I can have a similar ping in each situation but the game feels different in club challenge. It's probably the mixture of players in the lobby but I've researched and done everything I can on my end (hardware upgrades, port forwarding, etc.) so I dunno... I honestly just wanted to see what others are experiencing.

statistician66
  17. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Let me ask this, is it because we send hundreds of people to all login and start games at roughly the same times? When the playoffs were going on (in the deeper rounds), anyone notice any issues with club?

Maybe we need to start staggering game times by 5 mintues ect.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. the-statistician

Ratings:
    +140 / 2 / -4
    I'm no expert on the technical side, so i'm unsure if there would be a difference between "drop in pin" and club challenge in regards to a large volume of games all occurring at once; so I can't really comment on that. I wanted to gain some empirical evidence on whether or not this issue is bigger than just a few select players or teams and if it was any different from their experience in the other options dropin/club.

Hopefully more people respond so we can get a bigger sample, but your idea could alleviate some issues, if that's what they are.

Worthy a try? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

statistician66
  19. Bloop_33

Bloop_33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +292 / 7 / -10
    As a west coast connection i can rarely get into away games via club challenge and in Ottawa this season our entire team has had various issues throughout, whether it's someone not getting in (not always me, but various people on our side or the other side), or people who have been in the league for 3 seasons without issue having lag problems as well as error codes and disconnecting during games. As a west coast connection i get 30 ping on West servers (i never host though) and 45-50 on East coast already, but in the challenge DR on most nights i'm looking at 60-65 ping on the regular. We've had to exit and reset a game multiple times in the same game, about 3 times this season. And there is no pattern to it. Guys with great east coast connection have issues, the game gives us error codes like crazy for some reason, or otherwise.

Even when we get in no problem, there has been plenty of times where guys have mentioned having the "fat man" input lag. Not just 1 or 2 guys everyone on the team. For it to happen on occasion, sure, but it's happening each game all game long and it's drained the effort levels of the guys on the team.

We've had to actually forfeit a game because it took so long for challenge DR's to work. 45 minutes after supposed to be puck drop and we still had a 3rd period to play due to the challenge DR issues. One of our players couldn't play anymore and we didn't have our ECU sitting around for 45 minutes. When you compare that to drop in games either in s3 or just in general, the issues in my mind aren't even close to being the same whether or not the systems that run the game lobbies are similar. There is just something that makes the club challenge rooms have problems that don't seem to exist in the drop ins. As a GM I would gladly take the 10 extra minutes to input stats afterwards if it meant seamless starts to games rather than the waiting we've done so far this year and at the start of S3. The API is great, but club challenge is a burden on everyone involved if games can't start on time.

Some say get better internet but not everyone lives in cities with amazing internet available. I have the best internet available in my town and can't upgrade. Should I not be able to play because my connection to club challenges sucks, while my drop in connection is pretty good? it just doesn't seem like if plenty of people are having issues that it's a random occurrence.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Nybarisny