* New * Community Vote - Debate "Quitting Out to Change Host" Thumbs Up? Thumbs Down?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by LG-McDonald, Mar 14, 2019.

?

Should teams be allowed to quit out prior to the opening face-off trying to change the game host?

Poll closed Mar 21, 2019.
  1. Yes

27.4%
  2. NO!

72.6%
  1. zRobb-_-

zRobb-_- The Wayne Gretzky of sexual stuff

Ratings:
    +448 / 35 / -101
    Let’s just all go over someones house and play split screen

• Funny Funny x 1
    robshere
  2. radicalapex

radicalapex Well-Known Member

Discord:
    radapex#2090
    Ratings:
    +624 / 5 / -18
    Obviously there's some debate over it, but if what Brodie says EA told him is accurate then it's not going to matter who searches first.

I have, however, seen us have games on west connections with 1 or even no west guys in the game - so who knows, really...

• Like Like x 1
    radapex
  3. TheBobbyOrr4

TheBobbyOrr4 Anyone need a pizza

Discord:
    TheBobbyOrr4#2233
    Ratings:
    +1,626 / 73 / -358
    If the Puck isn't dropped it's fair game to do as you please.

Skyhighsms
  4. TheIronThronee

TheIronThronee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If EA’s statement is true then restarting makes no difference. Buy better internet speed

No Streaming Account
  5. LHSbrad35

LHSbrad35 | Windhorst | RW/C #35 |

Discord:
    LHSbrad35#3535
    Ratings:
    +333 / 289 / -102
    Even though it's 2019, "Buy better internet speed" is not always an option. Here's my situation specifically.

I have JUST ENOUGH internet shall we say to connect to online servers, connect to other players, AND be in parties to chat (yes sometimes this definitely effects ping on my end - there are times where I will leave and have the team play using party chat as it is enough to cause lag).

Other times that cause lag - when people message me when we are in games...anytime someone sends me a message I will lag - So if you want to tamper with Brad's internet during games, go ahead and send me a message. Just remember I know who you are then :)

Here's my actual results - I have Century Link. If anyone else has Century Link...I feel for you. The worst company or provider we have had where I live. Last year alone I called and had someone respond, come out to fix, or get new equipment 58 times - don't believe I will send you a phone record from last year.

Each time it is something new. Sometimes they even will open ports for me! "Oh wow....." I usually say in sarcasm...

What it comes down to is this...Century Link where I live will not spend more money for a bigger server or network. They have sent legal documents stating this along with documents the past year saying that the town I live in uses too much internet, and will be throttled the last week of each month...aka right now.

I literally get 1.5 Mbps - YES. There you go...I said it. Try living with 1.5 Mbps download and 275 Kbs upload. Now...the speeds are terrible, but the ping is not actually bad nor the connection. When my internet is on, it's awesome. A solid 35-50 ping every time...or now in this case 70-100 ping.

The problem is this...any time there is a power outage in our area, which there have been 8 of them this past year already, it messes not only my internet but everyone's internet in the area. so there's nothing much I can do, other than sacrifice my game nights and switch to another night.

Now, what people automatically say is "Brad, you need to move..." or "Dude just freaking move..." - Yeah... let's not go there. When you are a third generation farmer who lives on a 100 acre farm...I can just pack up and move. So please don't ask me to move...not happening...unless the government randomly kicks us out hahah :)

There have been times where I flat out have poor or fair connection and have backed out before getting into games...has happened even all the way back to season 4. We reset the room AND use a different shall we say host or leader in the DR, and every time the connections gets better...still happens this year. If I'm correct, I think last season I asked Victoriaville and ImKreaky to possibly change their host, they did with no issue as they had fair connection I believe too, and then reset...it became Good connection.

So as my rant goes on...yes I know I have freaking terrible internet, and it doesn't take a support and customer care dude for Century Link from Jacksonville Fl. while I live in PA to tell me "man...how do you freaking live on that kinda speed???" to remind me that it sucks...

This may even be a cry for help as I have done the whole E-Rate Service for Public Libraries and Rural areas petition...that doesn't always work although I have looked into it.

Even when we filed taxes, the county sent out papers about possibly getting better internet...6 years ago...it's 2019, first world problems just 30 minutes above Pittsburgh, PA - woot!

Anyways rant over...I voted technically yes...as in I have definitely backed out of lobbies BEFORE getting into games because of connection. I will NEVER back out of a game intentionally before the puck drops...because like usual, it takes till the third period for my internet to shit the bed.

Not sure what I can justify here because 1) my internet is bad and 2) EA is just bad. So I'm 50% at fault???? Hahaha

P.S. - Forgot to mention, the town of 243 people where I live all are at 1.5Mbps...there is NO OTHER INTERNET PROVIDER NOR is Century Link willing to expand their network money wise in our area. Only other option?? Hughsnet - Yes...we have tried that before. Easily get 5Mbps...BUT...ping is over 300 on satellite...so not happening.

If anyone has any suggestions about getting betting internet WITHOUT moving hahah or calling the crap out of your state rep, etc. etc., please reply to me or even in a direct message. I'm all ears.

Sincerely,

A guy who has some damn good internet for...two periods :) - Rant over! :)

• Informative Informative x 1
    srubrad35
  6. LHSbrad35

LHSbrad35 | Windhorst | RW/C #35 |

Discord:
    LHSbrad35#3535
    Ratings:
    +333 / 289 / -102
    I should also add that my highest ping this season has been 180 at some point. I don't have any true issues with lag during this season, but just seems like the connection has become "less consistent" aka my ping depending on if it is an East coast guy or west coast guy bounces more or less for that matter.

I know automatically when I connect to a west coast guy, my ping doubles...instantly. and vice versa for that matter.

srubrad35
  7. DUSTydanglezz

DUSTydanglezz Verified CHitter

Discord:
    dustydanglezz#0
    Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -0
    i thought NHL 19 was server based and host doesn't matter?

50in07idiot
  8. Cahspxr

Cahspxr cowabunga

Discord:
    Nylander#4206
    Ratings:
    +316 / 21 / -26
    lol

vNylander
  9. Mrbodybagz_D_O_A

Mrbodybagz_D_O_A Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with John Sheldon

mrbodybagzdoa
  10. PrometheusXVII

PrometheusXVII Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Prometheus (Wheat Kings Owner)#1251
    Ratings:
    +537 / 33 / -51
    This is pointless. If it isn't allowed then teams will just quit out during intermissions to get their desired ping for the rest of the game.

It's already done to reset momentum, why not add ping to the list?

No Streaming Account
  11. jayvee2k1

jayvee2k1 xoxo

Discord:
    jayvee#9422
    Ratings:
    +147 / 3 / -10
    I don't think we'd even be having this discussion if this game still played like the Beta back in August. East/West was hardly noticeable. Now it feels like I'm steering a 1000ft Cruise Ship no matter which server I'm playing on.

My vote: Who cares? Game fuckin' blows.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    jayvee95
  12. Tangelis

Tangelis Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Tangelis#1101
    Ratings:
    +73 / 4 / -8
    Cheap goal, Its EA. Play like crap... its EA. Pass between two players...Its EA. EA is pretty much an excuse for anything that goes wrong for a lot of people and a regular scapegoat for poor performance.

I can understand if your ping is ridiculously high. We had a center play whos ping was over a 1000. Guess what? he got disconnected. It was his own isp…... but we blamed ea for good measure.

Anyone with a poor connection will likely not even make it past the dr so a restart will generally occur anyway. But a whole team backing out of a game for a more favourable server when your connections for the most part are still in the green to me seems over the top.

Bad connections do happen though..... so if for whatever reason it is ruled that teams can back out cause someone is in the red I think it should be limited to 1 attempt.

• Informative Informative x 1
    tangelis
  13. SgtVandoos

SgtVandoos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 11 / -18
    Definitely not. According to the way you explain things on top, mathematically it won't matter since all the same players will rejoin the lobby and all their connections should be close to what it was the time before so the calculation should the same. Unless EA is B/Sing you/us

• Winner Winner x 1
    sgtvandoos
  14. SgtVandoos

SgtVandoos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 11 / -18
    Agreed, and that's one thing I never could understand. Why is there such a huge difference between Beta and the actual game performance wise. Is EA that incompetent?

sgtvandoos
  15. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    @LG McDonald - I see you saying there's not a distinct advantage for east/west.... if you were to actually look at the data there is an overwhelming disparity in the W/L of West hosting vs an all east lineup... WHICH IS FAR MORE COMMON THAN AN EAST LINEUP HOSTING VS AN ALL WEST LINEUP. There is a CLEAR ADVANTAGE. So saying "just play" is laughable.

https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums.../league&action=league&page=game&gameid=522027

^ That's all the evidence I'm going to post for West having a distinct advantage. @JClaus33

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    No Streaming Account
  16. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,039 / 113 / -852
    I was talking about me personally. I don’t have any issues with either server

The purpose of this post to see opinion on quitting out. Whether there is an advantage or not is irrelevant. Lets talk about how much time is being wasted as teams do this when EA matches up the game based on all 12 players

What is the point of quitting out and trying again when the 12 players don’t change? For maybe the off chance something changes a different server is selected? Really?

LeagueGamingOfficial
  17. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,039 / 113 / -852
    The original question posed was “should teams be allowed to quit out in an attempt to try and change host”

My reply is no. The reason why it is no is based on what I’ve been told by EA on how server selection works based off the 12 players in the lobby. The game is already trying to select the best server for all parties in the game already. So why are we wasting more time trying to manipulate something when the game is already trying to find a suitable server for the game to play on?

Then add in the amount of disconnects due to DR errors.. it can already be a long enough night without added bullshit

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  18. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,039 / 113 / -852
    Ice tilt isn’t real...

LeagueGamingOfficial
  19. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,039 / 113 / -852
    At the end of the day the majority feel their time is being wasted when teams quit out to try and change host.

I respect that and understand it. Based off how the game determines what server it is played on, it doesn’t matter if you restart with the same 12 or who searching forward.

The result is meant to be the same hence why quitting out to change server is nothing more than a was waste of time imo

I’ve heard the “search first” theory and the back out theory which I’ve given to EA to test. Hopefully next week I’ll have some answers from EA on their findings

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  20. ndrdog

ndrdog 200+ negative ratings and 97% are from 4 people.

Ratings:
    +93 / 37 / -211
    Word of the day - "desired ping"
    My team DESIRES a ping of <10 and we are going to keep restarting until we get one. Even the home team has to play in the arena they have, not the arena they want.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Ndrdog