* New * Community Vote - Debate "Quitting Out to Change Host" Thumbs Up? Thumbs Down?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by LG McDonald, Mar 14, 2019 at 9:02 PM.

?

Should teams be allowed to quit out prior to the opening face-off trying to change the game host?

This poll will close on Mar 21, 2019 at 9:02 PM.
  1. Yes

    27.5%
  2. NO!

    72.5%
  1. ndrdog

    ndrdog 200+ negative ratings and 97% are from 4 people.

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2015
    Messages:
    210
    Trophy Points:
    141
    Location:
    good luck with that.
    Ratings:
    +93 / 36 / -210
    You know they have a patent on it right?
     
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Offline
    Ndrdog
  2. LG McDonald

    LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2013
    Messages:
    4,396
    Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Trophy Points:
    3,161
    Ratings:
    +10,630 / 68 / -508
    Lmao
     
    Offline
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  3. LG McDonald

    LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2013
    Messages:
    4,396
    Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Trophy Points:
    3,161
    Ratings:
    +10,630 / 68 / -508
    Number of player playing?
     
    Offline
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  4. mikelong11

    mikelong11 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2017
    Messages:
    18
    Trophy Points:
    1,711
    Location:
    Canada
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Can we make this bright and bold and advertise it on main page? It's actually amazing how many people believe this and will waste a timeout at weird times to 'reset'.
     
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. LG McDonald

    LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2013
    Messages:
    4,396
    Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Trophy Points:
    3,161
    Ratings:
    +10,630 / 68 / -508
    EA mind fucked a lot of people in NHL 14-15 on gen 3 lol

    Since those days ice tilt has been gone but not yet forgotten
     
    • Like Like x 1
    Offline
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  6. PrometheusXVII

    PrometheusXVII Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2018
    Messages:
    145
    Discord:
    Prometheus (Wheat Kings Owner)#1251
    Trophy Points:
    251
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    Ratings:
    +175 / 13 / -19
    Regardless of whether it's real or not, what's stopping a player from "disconnecting" during an intermission in order to change host?
     
    No Streaming Account
  7. LG McDonald

    LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2013
    Messages:
    4,396
    Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Trophy Points:
    3,161
    Ratings:
    +10,630 / 68 / -508
    The penalty they take once the game restarts

    So let’s quit out to stop fake momentum that doesn’t exist from happening only to start the game short handed and go down by a goal...
     
    Offline
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  8. GonzoArmstrong

    GonzoArmstrong Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2016
    Messages:
    593
    Discord:
    GonzoArmstrong#4735
    Trophy Points:
    1,341
    Location:
    Boston
    Ratings:
    +734 / 132 / -197
    I get it but where I can just edit my routers settings and block myself from connecting to EA West or Central servers thus forcing it to be on East thus not giving the ideal connection for all 12 players.... (I know of West players who do this... but obviously block east.) Is that really fair either? It's also something that LG cannot monitor or enforce rules for. Just too many ways to manipulate it so you gain an unfair advantage over the other team.

    Also for all the dumbass West Coast people who whine that East players complain too much. If I build an all East line and have them only play home games. The chances of them playing against a full west line are what? 1%? If I make an all west line and have them play all home games... the chances of them playing vs an east line are 99%. Stop living in la la land people. The only ones abusing connection are West lines.
     
    • Like Like x 1
    Offline
    xXxGonzoArmstrongxXx
  9. Too-Rough-2008

    Too-Rough-2008 FukUtEal

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2016
    Messages:
    65
    Trophy Points:
    191
    Location:
    Nova Scotia
    Ratings:
    +49 / 46 / -25
    It’s never gonna be perfect for everyone no matter what is decided, changed, or fixed.
     
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Offline
    higsaul87
  10. LG McDonald

    LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2013
    Messages:
    4,396
    Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Trophy Points:
    3,161
    Ratings:
    +10,630 / 68 / -508
    Part of me feelings like that would just result in more DR errors for that person who blocks certain server

    But once again that further increases the argument. Why are people backing out? Accept the server you land on and play the game

    Majority of the players are east coast which results in majority of the games going to the east server.

    The purpose of this poll was to see how the community felt about their time being wasted when teams quit out. Which is overwhelming in favour of just playing the game once you load into the game.
     
    Offline
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  11. LG McDonald

    LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2013
    Messages:
    4,396
    Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Trophy Points:
    3,161
    Ratings:
    +10,630 / 68 / -508
    #1 fix would be server selection for CC. That would all us control where a game is played.
     
    • Like Like x 1
    Offline
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  12. GonzoArmstrong

    GonzoArmstrong Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2016
    Messages:
    593
    Discord:
    GonzoArmstrong#4735
    Trophy Points:
    1,341
    Location:
    Boston
    Ratings:
    +734 / 132 / -197
    any chance of EA implenting that?
     
    Offline
    xXxGonzoArmstrongxXx
  13. LG McDonald

    LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2013
    Messages:
    4,396
    Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Trophy Points:
    3,161
    Ratings:
    +10,630 / 68 / -508
    Not sure. It is something I will continue to push for
     
    Offline
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  14. LG McDonald

    LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2013
    Messages:
    4,396
    Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Trophy Points:
    3,161
    Ratings:
    +10,630 / 68 / -508
    I legit have no issues with a west line playing a game that lands on a west server regardless if they are home or away.

    That isn’t my issue

    My issue is quitting out trying to force a game to a certain server based on some untested theory that goes against how the game is setup and wasting people’s time.

    At the end of the day, the league is made up of east and west players. No everyone is going to be happy with what server is selected by EA for every game. But majority of us would prefer t get our games played within a reasonable amount of time
     
    • Like Like x 1
    Offline
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  15. SgtVandoos

    SgtVandoos Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2016
    Messages:
    50
    Trophy Points:
    41
    Location:
    Canada
    Ratings:
    +28 / 9 / -12

    Remember that the type of internet and the way you are connected to it makes a huge difference too. I'm East and never had any issues playing with a western connection, I mean the numbers are a little higher but nothing where it is not playable. Even played with people in Europe while playing club and it wasn't that terrible
     
    Offline
    sgtvandoos
  16. GonzoArmstrong

    GonzoArmstrong Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2016
    Messages:
    593
    Discord:
    GonzoArmstrong#4735
    Trophy Points:
    1,341
    Location:
    Boston
    Ratings:
    +734 / 132 / -197
    Not sure about you but I connect better to Euro than I do West.
     
    Offline
    xXxGonzoArmstrongxXx
  17. TFBMLegitz2

    TFBMLegitz2 Legitz

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2017
    Messages:
    23
    Discord:
    TFBMLegitz2#9861
    Trophy Points:
    11
    Location:
    Canada
    Ratings:
    +5 / 2 / -1
    I'm from the east and the difference, west vs east host, from last year to this year seems like night and day. I believe how you described the host selection this year is a modification from last year and even previous years. My recommendation would be to leave things and there should be no reason to back out currently.
     
    Offline
    tfbmlegitz2
  18. aREAP__

    aREAP__ Death Wish Owner

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2016
    Messages:
    21
    Discord:
    REAP#2614
    Trophy Points:
    2,821
    Location:
    Quebec
    Ratings:
    +60 / 2 / -6
    Back out should be allowed for the home team. Home should always have host advantage.
     
    • Like Like x 1
    Offline
    aREAP__
  19. Marsh-all-

    Marsh-all- Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2018
    Messages:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    110
    Location:
    Penticton, BC, Canada
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    All west players are handicapped basically every game.... 90% of games seem to be east coast. The easterners would just keep backing out if it was a west connection lol. Westsiders are already used to playing on east servers as a norm. If this was allowed not one west game would ever come to fruition. Any skilled west player is likely better than the average skilled eastern player they just have to play on east servers every game lol.
     
    No Streaming Account