* New * Community Vote; Player Status Change Adjustment(When To Implement)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Canadian Hockey League (LGCHL PSN)' started by LG McDonald, Jan 9, 2018.

?

When do you feel this change would be MOST effective to implement?

Poll closed Feb 8, 2018.
  1. Season 7, next season

70.5%
  2. Season 8, summer season

29.5%
  1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Ratings:
    +9,799 / 54 / -407
    *This is message is a community vote to get some insight into what the CHL Community feels is best moving into next season in regards to the proposed changes to the player status script.*

Current Rule

• Any player whom completes 15 games in the LGCHL is granted Amateur status the following seasons as long as said player ends the season on a roster or training camp.
    • All prospect players are entered into the NHL Entry Draft as long as the player completes the season as a Prospect and on an active or training camp roster
    Rule Change
    • Any player whom completes 48 games in the LGCHL will be granted Amateur status.
    • Everyone season a player completes, including the season whereby the player reaches the 48 game milestone, the player will be entered into the NHL Entry Draft. If draft the player will be granted Drafted Player status and be eligible to move up from the CHL.
    Goals of this Change
    • The goal is to prolong the amount of time required to graduate from prospect to amateur status without hindering the growth of the entire league.
    • This changes ensures a player has a long stay in the CHL(48 games) unless draft.
    • All players whom end the season on an active roster or training camp roster(regardless of games played) are entered into the NHL Entry Draft.
    • Therefore there are only two ways a player can move up from the CHL. 1) complete 48 games, becoming an amateur which allows for availability to NHL and AHL bidding. 2) Get drafted.
    Understanding our Player Status Script
    • Veteran status is accomplished by; completing 24 games in the NHL or completing 54 games in the AHL.
    • Amateur status is accomplished by; completing 10 games in the NHL, or team games in the AHL, or completing 15 games in the CHL*. *what we are changing to 48 games*
    • Prospect status is given to every new player whom signs up for the LGHL that has yet to complete 15 games in the CHL. *Changing to 48 games*
    • Draft player status is given to players whom are drafted in the NHL entry draft. This status CAN AND WILL CHANGE. If a player completes any of the above requirements, the drafted player will become a veteran or amateur in their second season of their contract. After the two seasons, if said player does not complete any of the required games played to become an Amateur or Veteran, the player will be reverted back to a prospect.
    • PLAYER STATUS' DO NOT CHANGE MID SEASON! THEY ARE UPDATED PRIOR TO BIDDING BY OUR LEAGUE SYSTEMS. THEREFORE IF A GAME MILESTONE IS ACCOMPLISHED DURING THE SEASON A PLAYER WILL NOT CHANGE STATUS UNTIL THE FOLLOWING SEASON.
    Potential Issues With This Proposed Change
    • Players whom currently have amateur status but have not completed ten NHL games, or ten AHL games or 48 CHL games will be reverted to a prospect.
    • Players whom were expecting to be granted amateur status to become eligible for NHL and AHL bidding next season will not be granted a status change without first completing 48 CHL games.
    Benefits of this New Rule Change
    • This gives more value to the NHL draft picks seeing as each season 120 players can be drafted.
    • This allows us to add a small contract system to the CHL.
    • This MAY allow some team building and consistency in players on a roster season to season in the CHL rather than the current and constant roster reset we see each season now.

Just so we are all on the same page. This RULE WILL BE CHANGING. THE PURPOSE OF THIS POLL IS TO DECIDE WHEN WE AS A COMMUNITY FEEL IT IS BEST TO MAKE THIS ADJUSTMENT. The options will be #1 Season Seven*next season* #2 Season Eight *after this coming season*

Regardless of when this change is implemented, the issues I outlined above will and can still occur. We just need to decide on what we feel is fair and in the best interest of the League moving into season 7.

If you have questions, please @LG McDonald then ask me. If you have comments, please post them below.

Thanks fro reading and posting
    -Brodie

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Lg_commissioner
  2. chalkyknight

chalkyknight styling and profiling WOOOOOOOOO!

Ratings:
    +333 / 25 / -62
    This is a good rule change imo and should be implemented next season. Multi season deals at chl level is also a must have whenever this rule change takes effect .

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  3. bigFREEZE 64

bigFREEZE 64 3rd Line Shitter

Discord:
    BigFreeze064#1062
    Ratings:
    +165 / 27 / -29
    As long as the NHL can still draft players who sign a multi year deal in the CHL I think it's a good step forward. NHL level players should not be in the CHL longer than one season for the competitive balance of the league.

• Like Like x 5
    bigfreeze064
  4. Dangletownsniper

Dangletownsniper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +406 / 20 / -47
    As far as I’m concerned, if you’re going to make a change do it immediately no need to prolong it.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. John_SheIdon

John_SheIdon Season 7 Vancouver Canucks / Utica Comets Owner

Discord:
    John Sheldon#9411
    Ratings:
    +664 / 7 / -21
    @LG McDonald

I think this is a great change for the LG Community as you stated that it will give the value of the drafted players more incentive & will build a consistent stay in the CHL. I think it is important for ALL management from the NHL / AHL / CHL to work together & it seems as if there has been a some tension regarding AHL & CHL Management. I think this will enable the CHL management to actually be able to work more with salary & managing players.

In my opinion like @Dangletownsniper said, This should take immediate effect come Season 7! ​

• Like Like x 5
    John_SheIdon
  6. commodore0822

commodore0822 New Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -2
    I also agree with all posts, team building in nhl, AHL , and chl is big. Especially the chl, many times owners and gms in the chl put great teams together only to have them ripped apart towards the end of the season due to call ups.

• Like Like x 4
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. VRain_19

VRain_19 Goalie/ R. Wing

Discord:
    Vrain19#6806
    Ratings:
    +354 / 15 / -49
    This will provide more stability and structure within the CHL and give the draft much more research to base their picks off of.

• Like Like x 3
    VRain19
  8. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Ratings:
    +9,799 / 54 / -407
    They will be able to draft players in a multi season

• Like Like x 2
    Lg_commissioner
  9. RaZCuL

RaZCuL Member

Discord:
    RaZCuL#8291
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -2
    The only thing that I don't get is I have 41 games played an amateur status would I still have my amateur status if this goes through for season 7? If not im only 7 games from should we make an exception for players 10 games or less?

Razcul
  10. sterryxc23

sterryxc23 Overrated Member

Discord:
    sterryxc23#6969
    Ratings:
    +16 / 8 / -3
    I think there should be something done for players currently in A status with less than 48 games played but close to it. At 46 games played but in the mem cup, I’m guaranteed 1 game with a chance at 2 or 3 more. If ottawa doesn’t get past the round robin I will be ineligible for the draft due to current A status, then due to 47 games played I will get reverted to P status for bidding and stuck in the CHL for a season because of one game.

At least in my circumstance I don’t see how this is beneficial to anybody as I plan to remove my signup until after the mem cup now because if I don’t reach 48 games I plan to signup after chl bidding so I can be a TC, play one game next season and wait until season 8 to be drafted. I have 0 motivation to play CHL for a 3rd season when I would likely be playing NHL if not for this rare, specific set of circumstances that could play out.​

sterryxc23
  11. VRain_19

VRain_19 Goalie/ R. Wing

Discord:
    Vrain19#6806
    Ratings:
    +354 / 15 / -49
    in this case perhaps not counting the playoff games as part of the 48 games to achieve amateur status.

• Like Like x 1
    VRain19
  12. Slowdethmarch420

Slowdethmarch420 Tri City Americans

Discord:
    Slowdethmarch420#1741
    Ratings:
    +88 / 3 / -7
    I agree with implementing next season, as a chl owner it’s a bit frustrating being raided throughout the season with call ups especially after roster lock, I understand we are a feeder league and want who can move up to get the chance to do so, but it will be nice have the stability to build the team with the new proposed changes

• Like Like x 1
    duhasst420
  13. tactfeeezy

tactfeeezy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Tact#0507
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -1
    Exclude sterry23

Poor guy has 2 games remaining, nhl level talent without question

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Tactfeezy
  14. Windmillsfordayz

Windmillsfordayz ThisGameSucksCYeaIn18

Discord:
    Windmillsfordayz#5246
    Ratings:
    +426 / 32 / -61
    He would be eligible to be drafted

Windmillsfordayz
  15. sterryxc23

sterryxc23 Overrated Member

Discord:
    sterryxc23#6969
    Ratings:
    +16 / 8 / -3
    From what I’ve heard from the commish the change would only effect player status after the draft so I would be ineligible for the draft due to having A status under current rules. After the draft I would become prospect status and would only be eligible for CHL bidding if I don’t reach 48 games

sterryxc23
  16. Cxnrad

Cxnrad New Member

Discord:
    Conrad#4768
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm in the same boat Sterry, I have 46 games played in CHL, from what I was told, you will revert to P before the draft, which than makes you eligble for s7 draft, but not bidding, either get drafted, or you would have to go to CHL bidding, if you play 48 games, you won't be reverted back to P, so you keep your A, and than are elible to be put in bidding for NHL/AHL

• Like Like x 1
    iConradTV
  17. PigeonSniper89

PigeonSniper89 Owner of Rimouski Oceanic S7

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    will you guys be making changes automatically to players with A status with less then the required games? im in favor

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    No Streaming Account
  18. mamm7216

mamm7216 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -2
    I have to stand up for those who have an A status already, they shouldn't have their status' reverted. Some players took GM of a CHL team because they were already an A under the current rules, and shouldn't be penalized for trying to get MGMT experience to move up to the AHL next year to manage thinking they would keep their A status. For players who were prospects this season, the change should go into effect immediately.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  19. FaQ-Its-Horty

FaQ-Its-Horty S29 C/RW

Discord:
    lx Horty xl#0284
    Ratings:
    +537 / 33 / -56
    Hortonownsu
  20. XDoctor-jackalX

XDoctor-jackalX Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 2 / -10
    Is this 48 game rule going to be in place for S7?

No Streaming Account