Conference Finals: A Very Moronic Analysis

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by FrenchMoron, May 3, 2019.

?

Who wins it all?

1. Buffalo Sabres

2. New York Islanders

3. Calgary Flames

4. Colorado Avalanche

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    Alright boys, I just needed a break from writing my last college paper as an Undergraduate student. This meaning my time on the website might also come to an end depending on what the future holds for me. I figured I'd post on here at least one more time and share my meaningless opinion and brush some people off the wrong way cause why the fuck not? Alright enough with this intro, most of you guys probably haven't read and just moved to the series analysis anyways.

Eastern Conference Finals

#4 Buffalo Sabres :team18: vs #8 New York Islanders :team27:

Going into this season, it seemed like Buffalo were front runners to take it all before bidding even started as they had a management duo of @JClaus33 and @Sitful probably two of the better C's in the game on either console. This didn't turn out quite as planned as Josh was 8-5-1 through 5 weeks and Sitful never really found his stride on this console and ended up getting banned due to unfortunate circumstances on the XBOX side. Nonetheless, the reigning Champs grinded their way into the 4th seed spot in the East after being in and out of a playoffs spot in the last few weeks of the season. On the other side though, them Isles came into the playoffs as complete underdogs once again. After first rounding the poor Rangers :sadegg: last season, they took out another President Trophy winning team in a 6 game series that I'm not sure we'll ever stop hearing about from @BigFreeze064 . I strongly believe beating @Gourr- in a 7 game series was probably more important to him than winning a Cup.

Now when it comes to these two teams matching up, I won't look too much into how they faced off against each other as I believe they both have very different looking teams right now than they did at any point in the regular season. Buffalo seems to have trouble keeping any line together. Don't know if it's because of availabilities, quite possibly since they have had a ton of ECUs coming in clutch for them so far, or just cause that's how they like to run things over there in Buffalo. To really make sense of this, I'd say aside from @JClaus33 doing what he does best, @zdball has probably been the biggest difference maker for them so far. That 4-0-0 record in these playoffs, taking down TOR's feared west line along the way shows Daniel's still has a bit of his magic touch left. @Troak 25 @Ducksfanwaterloo and @Rivnasty have also been carrying the load offensively, even though there hasn't been much stability as far as lines go. On the other side though, these Isles seem to have enjoyed rolling with consistent lines. Seems to me like On Hand Tuck Master @i-CrAzYLiiSh-i is consistently sticking around with @SweeT 9 LoU 84 and @Kraftyx16 , they had some big wins against NJD and WSH first lines. Then there's everyone's favorite west line of @Twistnee @xVishh and @nickyP1999 who are 4-0-0 so far. Finally they have some grinders on that 3rd line who have shown some grit and found a way to get some key W's for the boys in @x_Jedi_x420 @BigFreeze064 and @Meestah Don . The defensive assignments seemed to change depending on the matchups here, could also be availability, but without being a well known D-core, @foxpresentation being their only guy above 2M at 6M, this has been a solid group. Also heard @Chuck--31 and @SWBobcats11 have been stellar, when the latter stays off the keyboard :facepalm:

Prediction for this series here?

Without saying NYI are complete underdogs here, I have learned over the last few seasons that betting against Josh just doesn't work unless he's 12+M and past the 1st round. On the flip side, NYI's teamwork and grit has been through the roof. I wouldn't be surprised if they come out swinging and shock everyone once again and take the series in 6, but I have to go with the Josh and Daniiiiiiiel duo.

Series MVP: @Troak 25
    Bold Prediction: No ECU's are used by the Sabres

Sabres in 7 :team18:

Western Conference Finals

#1 Calgary Flames :team29: vs #3 Colorado Avalanche :team8:

Brace yourselves people, we finally have it. @x Tka c h uk 19 vs @xNav61 in the Conference Finals. Today's most annoying/hated West line and Owner, versus who this title used to belong to. Now before the season started, I wasn't bought into the team that Nav put on paper as being a deep team. Aside from @eastons17 @Aye Keeks @Bazlund and @x_ReAcTiiOnz_71 who are all first liners on just about any team, the rest of the roster looked rough to me. They were very top heavy and still kind are, but with the addition of @LaFleuR11 early and @Jrascia later without giving up too much in return, I believe they are back to being a real contender. @xDefenestrate- as their Line 2 C seems rough, but he's been looking sharp as a Navalanche, going 11-1 after being traded there and is currently 4-0 in the playoffs for them. After a rough start for his standards and disappearing a little bit, Nav did what Nav does and put this team back on track. As arrogant as he can be, kinda like @Gourr- , you gotta give the man props for the patience he has and time he puts in to harass other Management teams until he finally gets what he wants. Now for these Flames... WHAT A SEASON THIS WAS. For all the wrong reasons though. How does a team with probably the most AIDS owner ever finds a way to finish first in the regular season and make it to the Conference finals? Well first of all a west line that NEVER plays on East is a good start. A "second" line of @Xx LoL xX 9 @o S m i i t t y and @PieR Talent and finally a "third" line of @MyNamesMino @JTresatti and @Jawoba_9 will do that for you. Three well balanced lines that finds a way to win every night regardless of all the drama surrounding the team. This is probably the one team in all my time in LG that everyone has wanted to see fail the most, even their own players :facepalm:@oRecki is a GOAT, carrying a decent group of defensemen that is lead by no other than @zChieef (Please return as owner, we miss the old you).

Prediction?

I believe if Colorado goes full west, they do not lose to CGY's full west line, which has been the thing they have relied on most to win series. Not taking away anything from their other lines, but they won the West because of that and also #FlamedOn because of it. Line matching and availability will be the deciding factor. If this goes 7 I expect this series to go to Colorado. That being said, I can see @oRecki standing on his head and stealing the series for them Flames in 6.

Series MVP: @Aye Keeks
    Bold Prediction: Colorado's 3rd line steals a game.

Avalanche in 7 :team8: (Cause we all want that West on West Game 7)

I hope you enjoyed. Even though I don't really give a shit if you didn't.

Now back to writing my paper.

Your mom's favorite fat kid

• Like Like x 27
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. zRobb-_-

zRobb-_- The Wayne Gretzky of sexual stuff

Ratings:
    +448 / 35 / -101
    Prediction, polskas fingers slip because they’re covered in his shit, he turns the puck over to nav in game 7, breakaway, score, game over

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    robshere
  3. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    great job JP. I know how long these take, hopefully we can keep it rolling

• Like Like x 1
    JClaus33
  4. foxpresentation

foxpresentation Well-Known Member

Discord:
    fox presentation#6580
    Ratings:
    +404 / 2 / -1
    Great Job And great read :) I hope that we will be able to beat the favorites !
    I enjoy those types of high quality articles... we need more :)

• Like Like x 3
    fox_presentation
  5. Loopxr-

Loopxr- .

Ratings:
    +572 / 21 / -73
    Colorado's third line stole a game last series, id expect them to do it again.

• Informative Informative x 1
    vxrloop
  6. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    For once you mean

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    TrooperPetterson
  7. FrenchMoron