Created Courses

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Golf Tour' started by Jack Bauer tuna, Aug 20, 2014.

1. EL PR3Z

EL PR3Z Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -1
    Yea that's name. I'm still in the process of tweaking it, and releasing a version 2, so I'll post when that is up and we can try to search for that new one

EL_PR3Z
  2. Buckseyy

Buckseyy T-Rex Arms

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Just built another course. This one is very tight and tricky. Can score some low numbers but you can find yourself in trouble really quick. The course is named Pine Springs CC. It's very wooded with water on sixteen holes. Built from scratch besides the water and trees. Lots of holes where you have to hit a certain distance to have a shot at the green. The pins are tucked behind trees so if you don't place your first shot, you'll be playing to the center of the green. Pins are accessible by playing slopes on the greens yet also guarded by steep slopes so watch your placements. Par 72 name is Pine Spring CC.

Buckseyy
  3. Buckseyy

Buckseyy T-Rex Arms

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Just built another course. This one is very tight and tricky. Can score some low numbers but you can find yourself in trouble really quick. The course is named Pine Springs CC. It's very wooded with water on sixteen holes. Built from scratch besides the water and trees. Lots of holes where you have to hit a certain distance to have a shot at the green. The pins are tucked behind trees so if you don't place your first shot, you'll be playing to the center of the green. Pins are accessible by playing slopes on the greens yet also guarded by steep slopes so watch your placements.
    Par 72 name is Pine Springs CC.
    If anyone plays it let me know what you think.

Buckseyy
  4. Vellerz

Vellerz 2 Time Calder Cup Champ - 1 Time Playoff MVP

Discord:
    Vellerz#3871
    Ratings:
    +409 / 6 / -9
    LMAO...You built a course in the time I built one Hole.

No Streaming Account
  5. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    I'm up to 3 or 4 lol, Hey PHJ question since you have been much deeper into the process of really customizing a hole. While there is the overall fairway slider can you do per hole changes?

Sevv_09
  6. Vellerz

Discord:
    Vellerz#3871
    Ratings:
    +409 / 6 / -9
    My fairways are set to ZERO, so is my Rough and so are my Deep Rough. I lay every brush.

I'm still a little confused as to whether or not you can do it on every hole. Sometime I think you can, other times I think you can't. There may even be some glitchy shit happening with those sliders.

Every time I draw a hole, they are turned on to something and I have to turn them to Nothing. So I believe you can.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    What do you think is gonna launch first,

GTA Heists or PHJ's course??? :p

• Like Like x 8
  8. b3rgy7

b3rgy7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    There were things I really liked about it, and things that I hated. I played with 12 MPH winds and it made certain shots 100% impossible, like trying to land driver on that small fairway patch on 5, or trying to navigate around certain trees in the way with side winds. The 18th hole was miserable with the wind, second shot with a fairway wood already on a sloped fairway with 12mph side wind made it once again a shot in the dark. The 18th green was also way to elevated IMO.

That being said about 13/18 holes I really enjoyed, and loved the speed of the greens.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. b3rgy7

b3rgy7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    What kind of luck are you having with elevation? I'm running into alot of issues trying to create hills or slopes.

No Streaming Account
  10. Vellerz

Discord:
    Vellerz#3871
    Ratings:
    +409 / 6 / -9
    I have no problems.

For hills, use the blurry round or oval brush, adjust to the size the the area. You want it bigger than the actual hill you are creating.
    Always be ready with the X button to undo your previous change. If something doesn't look right, make sure make note of a reference point so you know where to place your brush next time, and whether or not you are adding more or less elevation. It's a lot of trial and error.

No Streaming Account
  11. b3rgy7

b3rgy7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, not sure im doing it right. I'm trying to use the "Sculpt Land" with the Bulldozer logo, and when using the "Raise" button all I do is tap RB or LB and it creates a mountain 10 feet high.

No Streaming Account
  12. Vellerz

Discord:
    Vellerz#3871
    Ratings:
    +409 / 6 / -9
    [MENTION=7158]b3rgy7[/MENTION]

are you using the RED or the BLUE brush to do so?

Red is TERRAIN (Fucking broken in my opinion, unless you want to pull land out of water)
    Blue is SURFACES - I use this for my elevations, sometime you have to move off a surface and back into it to get the menu to register.

There are quite a few quirks in the designer, way too many for me to list out. The flatten tool is busted, they know it and are working on it.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  13. b3rgy7

b3rgy7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Ahh, I was doing it wrong. I was trying to sculpt before I placed surfaces, so I never thought of using the surface tool to do so. Thanks.

No Streaming Account
  14. Vellerz

Discord:
    Vellerz#3871
    Ratings:
    +409 / 6 / -9
    [MENTION=7158]b3rgy7[/MENTION]

For ALL my elevations(even if it's on the fairway or rough)

I go to the deep rough, select "sculpt" and chose whether it's Flatten or Elevate
    Then I pick my brush and put it in the locations I want (again, regardless of whether it's fairway, rough, green...doensn't matter)
    Action accordingly.

A quick tip, when you are trying to flatten an area, you might find that the area is all "Spikey" and it's hard to tell where you brush actually is.
    What you can do, is instead of choosing Flatten, choose Raise and place your brush were you want it(noticed there's no spike ups with the raise brush).

Once you have the brush in the desired location, hit the back button until you get to the FLATTEN menu again(make sure you are NOT moving the marker around the screen during this time), this time when you choose flatten, the brush you had previously placed will still be in the same location, but it will be spikey again, now you can flatten accordingly, knowing that your brush is in the right spot.

This is a work around until they fix the flatten brush.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. b3rgy7

b3rgy7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Thanks man that's going to help alot. I'm doing my first "completely from scratch" course and only had 3 holes done because I was so frustrated trying to figure that shit out lol.

No Streaming Account
  16. Vellerz

Discord:
    Vellerz#3871
    Ratings:
    +409 / 6 / -9
    I should be around after 9PM EST, working on "The mystery course" , if you want to talk anything designing feel free to hit me up.
    [MENTION=7158]b3rgy7[/MENTION] or anyone else for that matter!

No Streaming Account
  17. B00GAARD

B00GAARD - TK

Ratings:
    +157 / 0 / -0
    Try my new course out please.

Course Name: Wetlands Golf & Yacht Club

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
    xB00GAARD
  18. Buckseyy

Buckseyy T-Rex Arms

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Built a new course that has no unplayable holes but is built to make you hit the shot to the right distance. If you more the window you end up hitting to the center of the greens and everyone knows how tough putting can be. There are a few holes where you can hit a high draw or fade to get an advantage or you can hit a lay up shot and find yourself hitting a long iron into the green. The greens are faster than average but I love the speed. And there are no pins on huge slopes. A course that I find fun to play yet rewarding to attack.

Course : Shadow Valley CC Par 72 Autumn style.

Last quick build course. But I feel it's the most reasonable yet.

Buckseyy
  19. B00GAARD

B00GAARD - TK

Ratings:
    +157 / 0 / -0
    Oakview Lodge G.C.

Don't forget the dots.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
    xB00GAARD