D man on waivers

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Canadian Hockey League (LGCHL PSN)' started by bubica83, Nov 6, 2019.

1. bubica83

bubica83 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -8
    Hello everyone,

I hope this is allowed, my first LG season and there are so many different rules and regulations.

Last night I was placed on waivers by my current team. They have no intention of using me anymore and I wouldn't go deep into everything that happened. I took one for the team by switching to goalie only to realize that some information about all that process were misinterpreted to me and I in part is is my fault as well. Any further details I can discuss privately.

So basically although currently as G I am actually decent depth D man. My play style is stay at home, I am physical and I try to play simple as I can with generally very little lost pucks. My offensive play is below average.

I am 1-0 as D man with 1 point. As G I am 1-2 but that isn't my natural position and I was only covering up for lack of goalies (or so I thought ).

Also I am almost always available to play on LG nights.

Let's be clear. I am not asking for anyone to pick me up just because. I am available from 2pm today to play training games and to try to prove myself. Thank you in advance.

• Dumb x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. IM_ON_WELFARE247

IM_ON_WELFARE247 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 6 / -4
    Let me clear it up for everyone. Bubs started out as a Dman. He played a couple of games at G and didn’t do to bad. Some of the no management players suggested he switch to G. I guess someone in management said he would have a better chance at roster as a G. So Bubs changes his Pos to G. Well no we have all these non LG games where we need a G and Bubs only wants to play D. If he played more G, he would be a decent G and enough to crack our roster at the Sea Dogs for the #2 G spot. But since Bubs doesn’t want to play G, guess he will never get called up, cause he is stuck as a G until the rest of the season, will only be able to play D as a TC since that isn’t his Pos anymore.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ImOnWelfare247
  3. bubica83

bubica83 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -8
    Sorry Welfare I like you but you are not familiar with all the facts behind what actually happened. I accepted G position and was told I can switch between those as TC. (I didn't known I can't officially change my position )

I also accepted to help as G on LG nights during warmup, training and actual games. But I also made it clear to leadership that I want to play as D man on off nights, because that's who I want be long term. They did not object. My change to G was basically me taking one for the team to show loyalty.

Then on Thursday or Friday night at around 10 pm I refuse to play G in regular training game (that was third game of the night for me) because I was too tired to be G and if G plays too many games I become worse, at least in my case which I told our leaders. Then I get talked to like I am some servant , in "play or get out" fashion . And I get out if that the way leaders think they should talk. After that they completely excommunicated me.

I would accept that if it was a rule for everyone. But getting punished like that by your leaders because I refused to play on a off LG night at 10 pm is way too harsh. Especially when some regular players don't show up for scheduled LG games without consequences.

Even now I am not sure what happened. I got message from that bot that I was put on waivers but nothing really happened it seems.

And instead of team trying to trade me or something they will keep me to ruin my season even though I already sacrificed my position because I wanted to help?

Unfortunately I learned my lesson hard way. No more favors for teams that go against who I am as player and every conversation and agreement will be saved for future reference.

Again, nothing against my current team, for the most part great group of guys. Only wish management was more clear in their intentions and plans as well more fair when it comes to treating everyone same way. Anyway, thanks for opportunity to play, it was great experience.

• Useful Useful x 2
    No Streaming Account
  4. bubica83

bubica83 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -8
    Ps I got notification that I was traded so thanks I guess, it's better for both sides. No hard feelings.

No Streaming Account
  5. Tronthedon23

Tronthedon23 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 13 / -25
    Familiarize yourself with the rulebook and work on your game. Understand that 99% of people don't care about your issues and airing out your shit here doesn't help you. Do yourself a favor, delete this post and move along.

Get educated about the rules and regulations and play solid hockey. That's all you should be worried about.

If you want to tell me about your bad day and how you were wronged start a blog.

Good luck

• Winner Winner x 2
    tronthedon23
  6. bubica83

bubica83 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -8
    Teams and "management " should understand that this is only the game after all and that most of us grown up people. I was regularly signed for at least 6-7 games every week and I was available at least 1 hour earlier for warm ups every single day LG games are played. That isn't enough?
    I like this role playing thing we do here but you don't pay me real money and you don't own me. Refusal to play training game on Thursday night shouldn't be a big deal and definitely is not against any rules as far as I know.

Again, I don't want to talk bad about my previous team. Everything is resolved now, we are all moving forward and moderator can lock this topic, there is nothing more to be said.

No Streaming Account
  7. raysup616

raysup616 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 3 / -12
    refusing to play a game with your team shows you in a shit light, and is bad form, I don't feel sorry for you, read the rules, be a team player its simple, most teams on here will be cool with you if you show your willing to work to improve and are down to build chem and help the team, good luck my man

No Streaming Account
  8. bubica83

bubica83 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -8
    Strongly disagree. I am already giving 4 nights a week to virtual team. That includes training and warm up games on those days as well. That was around 16 hours every week in my case guaranteed, plus some off nights for average around 20-24 hours a week. Anything beyond that is only my good will.

And refusal to play shouldn't apply on LG off nights and I am pretty sure it actually doesn't apply especially with someone who has been active as much as I was. If "manager" wants me to play whenever he feels like,he better starts sending me a real paycheck.

Issue was resolved thankfully and I can't wait to start competing in my new team. I am sure they are going to be happy with me putting over 20 hours a week for my team.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. hello_its_yello_

hello_its_yello_ Sub par shitter

Ratings:
    +42 / 2 / -5
    Kremit the BOG here. Once you have switched positions you are unfortunately locked at that position for the year. The only time you play different positions is if your are TC, then you may switch. By the way it sounds this is a 1st season for ya. 1st season is always kinda mucky. Do what ya can to finish out the season where ever it may be. Do read up on the rules, as a player you checked a box saying you read and understood them... So read them over. Then play around with people and get to know some people before next season. Good luck to ya

• Like Like x 1
    hello_its_yello_
  10. bubica83

bubica83 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -8
    Thanks for your reply. Yeah it is my first season plus English is my second (well technically my third) language so it's not always easy to understand everything but I will try my best.

So if I am currently TC that would mean I can play D if team lets me even though I am registered as G? At least that's the way I understood it.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. hello_its_yello_

Ratings:
    +42 / 2 / -5
    Yes

hello_its_yello_
  12. bubica83

bubica83 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -8
    Thanks, that helps a lot.:)

No Streaming Account
  13. Y_U_SAD_DOE_647

Y_U_SAD_DOE_647 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 15 / -68
    Anyone talking shit are just trolls or didn't read your entire post.

You definitely had shitty management.

Like others have said, read the player rights, understand them, better luck next season.

No Streaming Account
  14. FnoRespect

FnoRespect Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 8 / -15
    Wow 20-24 hours a week. You must be max prestige by now then

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. SPED3409

SPED3409 S10 ,S11, S12 Raiders Owner

Discord:
    sped3409#2927
    Ratings:
    +240 / 14 / -29
    hey bub if you ever need help or want more clarification on rules etc reach out to me brother shitty that is how you got managed over there !

sped0934
  16. hello_its_yello_

Ratings:
    +42 / 2 / -5
    Hey, if you are on TC you can switch back to Defense according to the message that was sent out a littke bit ago

hello_its_yello_