Please Vote! December 5th Update Poll

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Dradavich, Dec 5, 2019.

?

What is your general opinion on this update

1. It's a great update i love it

18 vote(s)
    12.9%
  2. It's alright

18 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. I don't care, this update doesn't make a difference for me

49 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. I Fucking hate this update.

55 vote(s)
    39.3%
  1. Dradavich

Dradavich The guy who got Truc Banned

Discord:
    Dradavich#1971
    Ratings:
    +1,866 / 134 / -406
    Instead of fixing the shitty passing or fixing big players easily being bumped off the puck or fixing the ridicilous stick reach ever player has EA decided to once again to nerf L2, Personally i think this update is fucking garbage and another example of how EA bends the knee to shitters who just trap and clog the middle in the defensive zone. They whined to EA because players who were way more skilled then them L2'd there way around them or forced them to take penalties, It's much like last year when shitty hut players whined about how the goalies were saving they're shitty cheese shot and ea changed it so it would go in.

L2 wasn't a cheat code, it was something that you had to master to get any results you couldn't just spam it or a good defensemen would knock you on your ass.

But what do you think?

• Get Good Get Good x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Dradavich
  2. zBernatchez

zBernatchez Thin Blue Line

Discord:
    zbernatchez#0
    Ratings:
    +528 / 14 / -30
    I like the goalie update...only played one though

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    zBernatchez
  3. iCallsoWhat55

iCallsoWhat55 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    icallsowhat55#1227
    Ratings:
    +787 / 49 / -145
    what goalie update?

icallsowhat55
  4. Windmillsfordayz

Windmillsfordayz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +568 / 41 / -104
    Fixed goalie physics apparently
    IDK what that means though

Windmillsfordayz
  5. zBernatchez

zBernatchez Thin Blue Line

Discord:
    zbernatchez#0
    Ratings:
    +528 / 14 / -30
    Apparently the g physicis

zBernatchez
  6. Gamingfreak911

Gamingfreak911 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    gaming5689#0
    Ratings:
    +247 / 13 / -38
    The L2 bubble was the dumbest shit I've seen in NHL in a while. Didn't even remotely resemble something that should be in a sim style hockey game.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    xgf911x
  7. Lazy Pedestrian

Lazy Pedestrian Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    I still don't know if I've seen 1 person explain what kind of update EA could release to prevent teams from trapping?

LazyPedestrian
  8. GingerNHL

GingerNHL ELEET VS PLAYER HERE | Pronouns are Shee/Sh

Discord:
    Ginger#1826
    Ratings:
    +1,910 / 44 / -144
    having to skate to the bench for a line change instead of stamina being replenished automatically, idk if its a good idea or bad, but its something.

xGlNGERR
  9. DerpyDaymare

DerpyDaymare わたしはよいゴールキーパーじぇない。でも、わたしはおたくです.

Ratings:
    +176 / 2 / -3
    I've said for a while they should have a system where you get three player builds that you can line change on and off the ice, with degrading attributes from your first liner to your third liner, and make stamina drain faster and replenish slower. If they limited you to not having two of the same player type it would create strategical variance and timings in the game, and also fix the problem of having two snipers on the ice for the pk

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
    DerpyDaymare
  10. TwitchBiLL3Y

TwitchBiLL3Y TwitchBiLL3Y

Discord:
    TwitchBiLL3Y#2185
    Ratings:
    +387 / 64 / -97
    Always the same old game no matter what the update is it's EA!

BiLL3Y
  11. BarDownBrando

BarDownBrando Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bardownbrando#0
    Ratings:
    +95 / 3 / -7
    Doesn't matter what they do to the game I'll still find a way to get coned.

• Winner Winner x 1
    bardownbrandotv
  12. BonnnJouRRR

BonnnJouRRR Young Old Head

Discord:
    LeKotkaniemi#4895
    Ratings:
    +736 / 16 / -45
    I always smile when someones says something like that. Tell me if I'm wrong but if someone is just more skilled than someone else, wouldn't that apply to the whole game? If they nerf L2 and someone is just more skilled than the opponent, wouldn't they still get the upper hand? If a small change to a specific mechanic affects someone's game that much, maybe they're too dependent on that mechanic? I personally feel this update brings more importance to IQ and I like that.

mike71111
  13. Dradavich

Dradavich The guy who got Truc Banned

Discord:
    Dradavich#1971
    Ratings:
    +1,866 / 134 / -406
    L2 had alot of IQ to it and still kinda does, if you L2 in the wrong place you'll get smoked. This update nerfs an effective to tool against the trap which is a huge problem in this game, It also hurts that you randomly lose the puck when deking past the D or trap because it punishes players for being creative.

Dradavich
  14. BonnnJouRRR

Discord:
    LeKotkaniemi#4895
    Ratings:
    +736 / 16 / -45
    I feel that the uses that do display IQ haven't been that affected by this update. I don't think this being a tool against the trap means that nerfing it is a bad thing. I definitely acknowledge that trapping is too prevalent, to the point where it is a problem, but I think that there are other things that should be done by EA to address this. The loss of the puck is not random (if it was it'd be atrocious), it just means you were going fast when you tried to L2. L2 might be being creative, but there are other ways to be creative.

On the other hand, I feel that the timing of this update is rather unfortunate with the Caps 6s event about to get underway. EASHL is going to get a lot more eyes on it because of the event and EA released an update that empowers trapping right before the event. I just hope 6s doesn't get sabotaged by this if people look at it as a boring trap fest.

mike71111
  15. BigSleezy00

BigSleezy00 EAID: BigSleezy00

Discord:
    bigsleezy#0
    Ratings:
    +178 / 3 / -7
    Seemingly, I'm late to this party, but I'm going to give my 2 cents anyhow. As far as the L2 goes, EA advertises this game is being a hockey simulation game. Now I would understand if EASHL was a completely arcadey game mode, but it isn’t. We have an arcadey game mode in the form of NHL 3’s. Now with all the L2 has nothing to do with virtual hockey simulation as EA would advertise it anyway. I mean honestly, how many people have seen a guy levitate horizontally to the left and the right defying all laws of physics to get by a trap. No, what you see actual hockey players do is jam it in there, chase after it, forecheck, and then get the job done.

Now, in my opinion, the game mode of EASHL sixes doesn't give the user a whole lot of time to get the multiple amount of rushes to do this dump and chase style. However, that is how you get by a trap. Why demonize the trap when it's an honest-to-God defensive strategy. That's like saying camping is not a strategy in Call of Duty. Especially, when there are guys who’s KD ratios are entirely built off a camping strategy, lol, this is just ******** and complaining about a strategy. Last season in NHL 19 I was ******** and complaining about having no defensive tools to use against the L2. Now granted, the L2 made me a better defenseman, I think, but that is a debatable topic that we can address in another post. Anyways, when NHL 19 came out, I was hit by the fact that it was tough to do net battles as a defenseman, on Top of that the defensive skill stick was useless and is still meaningless in NHL 20. NHL 20 I again can't do a defensive net battle easily.

Also, what I notice from this update is bigger guys, and bigger builds are now possibly viable, without the threat of them always getting their ankles broken off by good guys who know how to use L2. So those are my thoughts, feel free to agree or disagree, but I think, all in all, EA does their best to keep the game fresh like in the case of the L2 button. And this is just another change. Its forcing players to adapt and get better, and in my opinion, may expose a few people because they rely on a broken mechanic. But those are my thoughts.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    Big_Sleezy
  16. Class Act 27

Class Act 27 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    class#0551
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 23 / -129
    Add 90 and 45 degree cuts back into the game. People who knew how to use those properly made trapping way less affective. The problem is now with bumps it makes trapping even more viable

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Class_Act_27
  17. BonnnJouRRR

Discord:
    LeKotkaniemi#4895
    Ratings:
    +736 / 16 / -45
    Those were so much fun to use.

• Like Like x 1
    mike71111
  18. canuckftc12W

canuckftc12W Well-Known Member

Discord:
    canuckftc12W#5025
    Ratings:
    +605 / 29 / -68
    I dont really mind bumps much except for when someone is spamming up on LS and you cant pass the puck or anything even if you still have possession. Main problem I think is incidental contact, you can literally lose the puck so easily by any touch from another player which with bumps makes it difficult to break a trap against a decent team with how tight 6s can be. Obviously the incidental contact is realistic but theres aspects of real hockey that the game could do without

Itsnucktime
  19. BonnnJouRRR

Discord:
    LeKotkaniemi#4895
    Ratings:
    +736 / 16 / -45
    The biggest issue with bumps is the way the animations are made. When you get bumped, it's like you're put on rails; you can't change directions and can't go back for a good second. I'd like bump animations that work a bit more like hits, so you can lose control of the puck if it's hard enough but a slight bump might just make you need to settle the puck.

mike71111
  20. BarryWoodsDong

BarryWoodsDong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +577 / 10 / -63
    its simple, good players hate the update and players who have been getting slapped past 2 years love it, why? cuz EA needs more sales and helping bad players win once in a while can only benefit them

• Informative Informative x 1
    double_brah