Digging in the Crates: 3 Million Reasons Why I'm better Than Darcy

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Waxibono, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Waxibono

Waxibono Most Hated

Ratings:
    +603 / 56 / -64
    Or be a cunt, that's cool too. It takes a village, cunt.

waxibono
  2. bl1zz72

bl1zz72 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bl1zz72#8459
    Ratings:
    +174 / 13 / -9
    that escalated quickly. you need to chill out.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +454 / 2 / -17

Or you need to go back to not posting lol. @Waxibono took time to write the article and took time to thank you for your opinion and you follow it up with more worshipping of Darcy and how other Gs basically suck. You who "has been around a while" but also on TC "for reasons". There are 3 reasons why someone who is good is on TC:

1) work or life stuff creates bad availability

2) they aren't as good as they think

3) they are a cancer to their team.

It's sounding to me like it's #3 on the list and we dont need that here.

I'm just a crummy backup G who is trying to get carried to a Calder in peace! Throwing off my bathroom reading with your one sided mentality is unacceptable

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Waxibono

Waxibono Most Hated

Ratings:
    +603 / 56 / -64
    Not an escalation, just an observation. You shit on my work, probably without reading it. I encouraged you to play with me since you're still on TC, and you spit in my hand. Actions of a cunt.

Have a nice day.

• Like Like x 2
    waxibono
  5. Dimitri x 91

Dimitri x 91 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dimitri#6927
    Ratings:
    +223 / 33 / -32
    Darcy is the best goalie in the AHL no debate, too many seasons of success under his belt GG

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. An AngryFawn

An AngryFawn Yes

Ratings:
    +125 / 8 / -9
    I agree

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. NotoriousFAT 00

NotoriousFAT 00 Former LG media kingpin, Wine gum lover, LG dad.

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,746 / 76 / -124
    I was obviously omitted due to me playing D this season. It's cool I understand @Waxibono

• Like Like x 3
    notoriousfat00
  8. Waxibono

Waxibono Most Hated

Ratings:
    +603 / 56 / -64
    Yes unfortunately I had omit Defenseman and all non goalies from the goalie reviews. I will however try not yo keep youout of the D review when it comes!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    waxibono
  9. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    Check out all the goalies that have success the moment they leave Ontario (Denisov and Cheetahlo). Imagine if I could move too ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  10. GOAT YeeYee

GOAT YeeYee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 13 / -18
    Good luck getting carried to a Calder with Utica :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    tatarl21l
  11. VeNOM3O99

VeNOM3O99 Ultra Instinct (Sign) Goalie

Ratings:
    +333 / 29 / -32
    No, you were just smart enough to abandon a position that's not only misunderstood by everyone (especially the EA devs) but a complete misery to play for years now.

I expect you back at your regular post come NHL 19 though. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    VeNOM3099
  12. NotoriousFAT 00

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,746 / 76 / -124
    Incorrect.

• Like Like x 3
    notoriousfat00
  13. Waxibono

Waxibono Most Hated

Ratings:
    +603 / 56 / -64
    The primer has been sent for editing. When I come home I will post it. The Flex and Back Up tiers will follow once they are edited. I have to have a 2nd set of eyes take a look to avoid the simple mistakes and focus the pieces a bit more, but it's helping to refine the product. Thanks everyone!

• Like Like x 1
    waxibono
  14. Too Much Twoco

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +454 / 2 / -17
    Imt
    I thought NHL17 was much tougher as a G to play. I thing G is enjoyable this year especially cause we don't have to deal with those "seamless" puck pickups.

With you on the misunderstood part.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  15. Blindzy2149

Blindzy2149 :) Im back

Discord:
    blindzy2149#0
    Ratings:
    +146 / 27 / -61
    Nice write up thanks for the work done. I dont think Im the best goalie or anything people but its nice to see my name in a write up. I like winning and things have been going good my goalie is moving great with my new internet i got last season and it feels like i should be able to save anything ( even though I cant :( ) Shout out to my team for playing great in front of me. Except for wickedly moist who blew my shutout last season with 1.7 seconds left by shooting it off the back of my goalie from behind my net to try and dump the puck. Ill never forgive you for that @Wickedly Moist. @cadillac eldo @Lamar1226 @GiveMeDaPuck @Buckneison @Johnny Sadds @BostonMLV @twilight138 @GeT MuTeDD @ViveLeQuebec_81 @Kryss85 @Braap I17I @Dr Tre 2001 @MARTINEZ2619 @XxSgtSketchiexX @I4I Yann I4I @EL MACK EH @LG McDonald @ThatCurfewLife @Some fat gezer @AvalancheFan133 and anyone else who helped me on my way to an article write up. I have to say i only remember playing darcy in LG one time yes hes on great teams but even when we go to overtime somehow he comes out on top guys a fantastic goalie https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums.../league&action=league&page=game&gameid=476553 we have played each other many times in club and most of the time he wins. He is usually surrounded by great players but I feel like the guys I play with may not all be top tier they are all solid players. so I cant say whether or not hes the best goalie in the AHL but hes definitely one of them. I do notice he is the most popular though and good on him hes obviously made a name for himself. Only thing I really remember is he used to lag out allot in our club when we where winning so he got banned from playing with us by eldo. So other then that I dont know much about the guy. Thanks for the write up and hope i dont get any backlash just trying to give my opinion and say thank you to @Waxibono for the write up. I love LG and love competing with great players so i plan to be around for a while therefor I will try to be more appreciating of the media especially when they take the time to write these great articles. :)

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  16. NotoriousFAT 00

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,746 / 76 / -124
    Confirmed. This reply is rated "E" for Ethical.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    notoriousfat00
  17. VeNOM3O99

Ratings:
    +333 / 29 / -32
    It IS better, but there are still too many lingering problems that were there way back in NHL 13/14, like the post hugging and puck cover glitches/bugs. Plus the nerfs to goalies from NHL 17 are still present (shorter effective save range to combat goal line goalies) which sometimes makes for times you are actually following the puck but your goalie tucks his limbs into his body instead of making a save with a limb. Because the philosophy at EA is that goalies "gotta get sniped sometimes", which is wrong. A goalie's job to stop the puck. If there's an empty space in front of the net, we need to put up a limb to block the puck. Which doesn't happen as often as it should in NHL 18 as we don't control what save animation we get. It should be up to the shooter to get around us and score, not up to the goalie to ALLOW pucks to go in.

It's still very frustrating to play this position if you want to play it like a REAL goalie: come out to cover the angle, react to shots to the side, shadow the skater on a breakaway. I mean, we can sorta do all those things, but we have to do a lot of anticipating, while the shooter can just "wiggle and shoot" with too much success. Like @Waxibono already said, you can play your ass off, but if your team is allowing 10 open one timers and 5 breakaways per game, there's not much even a good goalie can do but slow down the bleeding while losing.

I'm curious to see what's in store for us in NHL 19 though, what with the new skating engine, improved puck pickups and tweaks to goalies on bad angle shots (no more goal line backhanders that go in?).

As for puck pickups... It's already happened to me (too often) where I came out to play a puck and my goalie would either A) Not pick up the puck and the opponent scored (looks really great...) or B) make a butterfly save even though I'm in FREE skate mode and like 15 feet away from my net.

• Like Like x 1
    VeNOM3099
  18. TheCheetahlo 33

TheCheetahlo 33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 19 / -4
    What are you talking about? Lol this game is FULL of awful goalie animations. And we 100% have seamless puck pickups. It’s called auto cover (hungry hungry hippo).. haha it hasn’t been too awful but there’s a ton of problems still.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. Too Much Twoco

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +454 / 2 / -17
    I guess my recent post came off too optimistic. I am NOT saying goalie doesn't have problems but I feel as though it has improved vs 17 whereas it's regressed for skaters in terms of consistency. Goalie animations are awful. Just last week I had an alligator arm animation let in a goal and I had a puck literally go through my pad. Cost me 2 shutouts, but the cross grain snipe stuff is way toned down and it just seems a little smoother. I'll admit now though as I have really thought about it, that could just be from me improving and my average ping decreasing a bit from better internet.

In any case the general point of goalie not regressing whereas forwards have was what I was trying to get across. Silver linings i suppose

No Streaming Account
  20. VeNOM3O99

Ratings:
    +333 / 29 / -32
    IMO, the goalies haven't improved much since NHL 17. In fact, the dev already admitted early on when NHL 18 came out that not much was changed for the goalies, because they had already had a lot of tweaks done to them in NHL 17 which were a SHIT TON better than the goalies in NHL 16. The cross-grain cheese had been toned down in 17 as well, and slightly tweaked in 18, but that's about it. We're still a slave to the game's awful animations and mechanics. Just look at this:

I'm moving from post to post, while the skater takes a wild shot from behind the net. It hits my skate and instead of deflecting out, it gets stuck on my skate. Then, still while i'm in transition animation, goalie puts his skate INTO the net and the puck gets dislodged, goal. That's the kind of shit I see every day, nearly every game I play.

The forwards got a lot of new tools on offense, but they're mostly negated by the fact that none of the new dekes and mechanics are as effective as the "wiggle & shoot" or skating away from the net and toss a backhander from the goal line that the goalie can't handle. Or how about deflections being automated yet so damned accurate? You have skaters flying by the front of the net at 50 mph and they can tip the puck without looking and then it either goes bar in or it slowly crawls at 2 miles per hour and your goalie can't do a damn thing about it.

Defense got a lot of new tools too, but they're mostly negated by the awful skating mechanics. And then there's the ludicrous "seamless puck pick ups" where a d-man standing 2 inches from an inert puck can't pick up, but a forward barreling in holding UP on the Right Thumbstick CAN pick it up and blast it past the goalie with uncanny accuracy.

All in all, there haven't been many improvements to goalies since NHL 17.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    VeNOM3099