Please Vote! Discipline Reform

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Mugfxrd, Mar 23, 2021.

?

Change the disciplinary system?

1. YES - Committee of 8-12 people

31 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. YES - Committee of 4-8 people

40 vote(s)
    46.0%
  3. NO - Different idea

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  4. NO - Change nothing

15 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. Mugfxrd

Mugfxrd Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Discord:
    Mugfxrd#3022
    Ratings:
    +371 / 17 / -74
    its not about following rules at all its about how you guys handle stuff and at the end of the day 1 person has the power over literally everything dealing with thousands of people and hundreds of different actions, your comment literally shows how ignorant the bogs can be in regards to openess to change and evolving this league.

MUGF0RD
  2. Mugfxrd

Discord:
    Mugfxrd#3022
    Ratings:
    +371 / 17 / -74
    applying for and even becoming a bog will do absolutely nothing... idk how hard it is to understand but the issue is with the SYSTEM And how that system is carried out extremely inconsistently or extremely bias based.

MUGF0RD
  3. Mlvzz

Mlvzz Well-Known Member

Discord:
    pxnarin.#0
    Ratings:
    +1,070 / 9 / -35
    • Winner Winner x 1
    pxnarin_
  4. BarryWoodsDong

BarryWoodsDong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +577 / 10 / -63
    wrong shoutbox

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    double_brah
  5. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    Imagine if you had clear evidence you didn’t commit a crime, and went to jail 25% of the time.

Primetimme1
  6. DShakki

DShakki Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 72 / -110
    I miss your old avatar.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Woytkiw8
  7. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    @PlusSizePounder

In the earlier days of PSN I was much more hands on than I have been over the last number of seasons. In the beginning trying to build consistency was the focus. Right now unless it a drastic conduct issue, or related to tag recover/second tagging the day to day operations are completely handled by the BOG and Commissioner Staff. My focus has moved to vetting, appeals and quality control. I still received 75-100 DMs a day where I am just verifying that the information given is accurate and based on the rules at hand.

As a former staff member it is a bit surprising to think you believe I truly don't like anyone. This has been a hobby of mine for years not anything more than that. I def give people an opportunity hang themselves in situations where the are in the wrong. But who wouldn't in my position?

• Informative Informative x 2
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  8. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    The issue with a committee that we have seen in the past is the volume of issues that arise on a weekly basis. Right now is better than before seeing the league run from Sunday until Tuesday but does a committee want to commit time on their Friday and Saturdays to vote on rulings that teams need answers with now?

I assume a majority of your concerns surround the ban system seeing that is what you mentioned. When you discuss consistency issue, can I see a few example? The records are all there for me to pull up and see. Sometimes a situation may appear to be the same to the general public when in reality of what evidence we were given it isn't at all. The level of detail given to us at times isn't half of what the general public will see. You also need to consider that how often are players from this league going to receive a ban, and openly admit they deserved it when the reality is they did?

How do appeals not make sense? What is difficult about appeals is the ones granted don't get saved to the recent actions, so you can't see how many are actually given out. Today for an example I think I reviewed 8 bans, and 5 were granted appeals. Explain to me what the issue is with appeals you see.

I do see inconsistency between the Xbox and PSN rulings at times which I contribute to interpretations of how certain rules are written. That is where I come in and try to fix what has happened and educate the staff moving forward.

In a nutshell the rule book is written very much like "if you do this, this is the punishment" and the reason for that is to keep it simple for rulings

I think the best way to handle inconsistencies is to bring me examples to review and explain.

That way we can evaluate what is going on and what has happened

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  9. Tcx7

Tcx7 Pokemon Master

Discord:
    Rico#2183
    Ratings:
    +2,128 / 39 / -103
    My post wasn't meant to call anyone out. Its more so being on the outside and having a chance to be on the inside, you get a better overall idea of how things work. My time as a BOG opened my eyes on the amount of work that's done behind the scenes, but it also opened my eyes on the amount of yes men that were put in those positions at times. Or the people that would do a complete 180 in personality now that they have a bit of power that they could throw around. Its not perfect, but its better than nothing. I remember sitting in parties with you and Hadji, or MBP (Even though he couldn't stand me) I remember bouncing ideas, and given explanations on why they couldn't work, or why it wasn't the time for it. With all this being said, I don't think YOU personally have a bias towards people, we know there's people you don't like, but if they were an asset to the league, you would put your feelings aside cause we know you want what's best for LG in general. Whether some of the people you make staff do as well? I think that has more room for argument.

For a few years you tried to run both sides, almost what 6k people? I feel like there were lots of people that told you that would be too much work for you, things would get lost in the shuffle, people would get lost and both leagues would suffer because of it. Though I can't speak of the Xbox side, I do know there were times where PSN suffered because attention was split so much. That's not to blame you, I know if I was in your position at the time, I would've said I could do both easily as well, plus tacking on ESPORTS it was way too much work for one man to oversee. Hell its why I wanted to be in a position to run this side and make sure it grows to what we all want it to be. I still sorta wanna do that if given the chance.

I don't think you hate anyone personally Brodie, I think you have people that you dislike and would cause more of a headache compared to being an asset to the league. I agree with you on that whole heartedly. In a perfect world, 32 of the best players on the console would be good people and be willing to take ownership year in and year out. But we live in a world where a lot of top players are either not good people, or they don't want to as they see it as "wasting their time" or "not worth the hassle". Hell I know its been an issue before because they don't want to answer to staff that they deem "below them" Is there a way to fix that? Ehhhhhhh better players in position of power is always good, but finding those guys isn't easy, so I understand why its not done.

This is all to say, I understand why people are frustrated with how things go sometimes, or why certain decisions are made. Perhaps more more transparency would help with building that trust between staff and player. I've known you for a long ass time Brodie, more than most. If I'm the OG, you're literally right behind me, that's how long its been. So I feel like I know you better than most at this point lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    MyNameIsRicoAndILikeYou
  10. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852

All valid points for sure. It is way too much for one person to oversee but at this time there is no real solution or alternative that I see works better than it is right now. I feel comfortable with the current staff and finally have the Xbox and PSN sides working hand in hand which allows the experiences to be shared but also to ensure there is ruling consistency.

I also think the PSN side has ran more smoothly than the Xbox side ever did. I am in a ton of PMs where I am just reading engagements between staff and players or staff and managers on issues and it seems to be operational going well. Perhaps the PSN side is also not as willing to reach out to me privately either. Where on Xbox I have been around so long that the community has no real issue to make a post and tag me or send me a DM to shoot the shit about an issue where it be here or on Discord. I am a pretty easy person to contact. My discord is public known and my DMs are here and twitter are wide open.

At this point in the game I can't even really think of anyone i actually dislike. I like some people are a pain in the ass but in no way would I or have I ever held a bias towards someone. To me the rules are the rules and if you do something that has an outlined consequence its over. I just CO'd a Commissioner on xbox for fabricating of evidence.

I truly understand the frustration at times as well. I think it comes in degrees though. The players who simply don't read the rules, the COC or the terms of service and then proceed to do something stupid and expect an exception is insane. The same can be applied to the players who do something that justifies a ban, and their excuse is "well I have contributed so much to LG, you should consider that" as if to say they want a free pass.

When it comes to inconsistency that is why we have an appeal system 100%. I overruled three BOG decisions today. One last week that even was a CO because it was simply wrong. Mistakes are going to be made and if i ever had a BOG making spiteful ruling simply to fuck someone who they didn't like i'd send them packing without just reasoning, I'd kick that BOG in a heart beat.

Is our system perfect? Fuck no. There are so many good ideas out there and site improvements I'd like to make to fix stuff, but it all takes time. Right now we have one programmer doing it all, plus working his career.

I personally love debates about what can fix the league and hearing ideas. I read one last night about lagouts I think is outstanding. Right now everyone knows how the third period has a "real" minute and a period length is 4 real minutes. That would mean a five minute section of a period is equal to one real minute. So if we had a third period lag out and we wanted to HONOR the final "slow" minute, we'd simply add 5 in game minutes to a game so the time is equal. I think its brilliant and it wasn't something I have ever considered.

I also think transparency is a part of it all. Right now the AC recent actions has SO MUCH public info. But how many people read it? And how much info can I give?

There will ALWAYS be room to improve and that is why in this thread I have asked people to give me example of what they feel is consistency so I can review it. @TheBobbyOrr4 came forward last week about a ruling on xbox being a CO but the same issue being 2 seasons on PSN. When I reviewed the appeal the CO ended up being wrong, so I fixed it for the player and we moved forward.

The league is a great spot, and collective as a community we can make it much better we just need to communicate more professional like this to address areas we need to fix.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  11. premierplayer

premierplayer Well-Known Member

Discord:
    premierplayer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,049 / 350 / -520
    Has mug even gave examples of how a committee would affect bans in question? I haven't even seen any questionable bans lately most of them are pretty clear cut cheating or slurs.

With that said the way things are policing here in NA is different than the euro league who is running into similar issues except that have a broader culture issue to deal with over there as well.

I'm still not sure the catalyst for this thread from mug but considering he is know to be super toxic I am not surprised he has an issue with the coc.

premierplayer
  12. Mugfxrd

Discord:
    Mugfxrd#3022
    Ratings:
    +371 / 17 / -74
    I am not getting into specific examples. The bogs and community know of the actions I am talking about im not going to go into an action center and scroll through thousands of different actions that makes 0 fucking sense, this post was made to be an open discussion on reform and change. I am not trying to prove anything to anyone and especially not the biggest fake cop on this site.

MUGF0RD
  13. Chipy-ox

Chipy-ox Should be worth 11 mil at least - Mitts

Discord:
    Chipy-ox#0918
    Ratings:
    +588 / 146 / -171
    He literally gave you a chance to prove the point you were trying to make and this is what you come up with

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    chipyox
  14. The Nerdy Mamba

The Nerdy Mamba Ain't I Sexy Baby. Call me White n Dirty.

Discord:
    nerdymamba#0
    Ratings:
    +1,034 / 28 / -78
    I don't think a committee would be a terrible idea, if bogs were there for the day to day, make their bans as normal, and the committee in their meetings go over the bans.
    all members of said committee must all agree or the ban is upheld or the player remains unbanned.
    bogs are the cops, jury is the committee and the judge is brodie.

ex player is banned for sending a meme.. we see this a lot right now.
    if the members of the committee deemed it soft maybe implement suspensions more variety on the ways people are punished.
    ex player is suspended 1 week for meme.
    next offence is 2 weeks.
    then the bans.

A lot of people right now sadly are fishing to ban people for anything.
    and I think the bogs are in a position to try to be stern.
    and second opinions never hurt.

currently I believe if we implemented a Suspension system/Fine system would be nice.
    1 week 2 week 5 week for the minor infractions as to bans of seasons.
    obviously this factors into if these people are TOM WILSONS of the league or how serious the

Fine system of raising a players salary up 250k per infraction if suspended and or bought out.

by implementing a fine system you hold teams to higher standards.
    with also cap infractions making people realize being idiots isn't going to work anymore.

these outcomes will affect teams more and players who are constantly in trouble will see their way out even more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    NerdyMamba
  15. Mugfxrd

Discord:
    Mugfxrd#3022
    Ratings:
    +371 / 17 / -74

yeah you pretty much summed up exactly what i think will work. i really dont understand the how the bogs think a committee will be more biased then the current people in power.. also.. im obviously not going to go through every example of every infraction on lg that caused controversy, more people think change is needed rather than staying with the current system.

MUGF0RD
  16. hgSparty

hgSparty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Sparty#0318
    Ratings:
    +428 / 7 / -26
    False, I know how outspoken I was before and after my time as a BOG and I also know I'd still be welcomed back and have been told how good and helpful I was. Just ask @Tris10 on my comments during the original CBJ and how it affected things.
    Wanting to help and not point fingers nor burn down all of the hard work is what separates people who are going to be considered and those who will continue to curse the system.

I will also say, for the committee.... if it were to go forward it would have to be people who have spent their time and efforts in the league already. To hand over that level of power to people who havent worked in the league staff/management etc isnt a good standard to set for people who will decide the fate of others in the league.
    Very few people realize how much work goes on to make the league run and who much time individuals put in to making it happen and to respond to everyone on a daily basis. Remember everyone doing this is a volunteer.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    BackupGoaltending
  17. Mugfxrd

Discord:
    Mugfxrd#3022
    Ratings:
    +371 / 17 / -74
    Trust me when I say I know what its like to build, run and manage a league. Obviously it wasn't as big as lg or vg but it did have thousands of people play it in over the span of 4 years, it was the biggest 3s league other than I3HL On xbox. The amount of work that goes into this isn't relevant to what the conversation is about. The conversation is about change and I can tell you right now the people who are in the positions of power are all aligned on the way they think and deal with things. If the status quo isn't met in regards to how the bogs work the site trickling down to brodie then they won't be heard and won't be around for very long. Someone who can play devils advocate most of the time and explain why certain decisions should or shouldn't be made is a progressive thing. Having all the bogs have the same mindset and literally having one person pushing through all action centers is not a good idea and you won't change my opinion on that. More voices, brains and expertise will help all processes of LG and I believe anyone who does want to make a positive change to the community should actually have a chance to do so regardless if they have been cap banned or suspended or are a notorious member of the community. That being said, obviously you can't just grab anyone and make them a part of the committee idea but look at the votes its overwhelmingly tilted for a resolution of change.

Just because people take their time out to be a bog and volunteer to help LG does not mean they are doing a good job.

MUGF0RD
  18. Markz51

Markz51 Don't Hassle Me. I'm Local.

Discord:
    markz_51#0
    Ratings:
    +702 / 11 / -21
    I don't think that a committee should be used to decide all initial disciplinary actions. However, if you wanted to implement a committee to participate in the appeal process I can see how that might be beneficial. I do agree tho that the members can't be selected by a popularity contest. They should be in good standing with the league for a minimum number of seasons, experience at either a BOG, manager, or media level with knowledge of the rulebook and structure of the league. Members would have to be from all walks of LG life including members of the AHL and CHL because at the end of the day we are discussing rulings based on a rulebook everyone has to follow regardless of skill level. Just because a person has good thumbs and they've been in the league forever doesn't exactly make them qualified to handle the responsibility. The way I'd see it work is the Bog issues a ruling, player has the right to appeal with new evidence/state their case, Brodie reviews the appeal and determines if the new evidence/case stated holds water to question the ruling. if yes, then the appeal is pushed to the committee for voting. For a ruling to be overturned, the committee would have to provide evidence of previous cases or interpretation of the rulebook to justify the change.

Markz_51
  19. Juulpodds

Juulpodds Well-Known Member

Discord:
    juul07#0
    Ratings:
    +159 / 53 / -49
    No Streaming Account
  20. Tcx7

Tcx7 Pokemon Master

Discord:
    Rico#2183
    Ratings:
    +2,128 / 39 / -103
    ^ This

Also I started an LG riot and became a bog, so it has nothing to do with being outspoken

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    MyNameIsRicoAndILikeYou