Please Vote! Discipline Reform

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Mugfxrd, Mar 23, 2021.

?

Change the disciplinary system?

1. YES - Committee of 8-12 people

31 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. YES - Committee of 4-8 people

40 vote(s)
    46.0%
  3. NO - Different idea

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  4. NO - Change nothing

15 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Playing devil's associate here...

If everyone is "fishing" to ban someone, how is that possible if the rules are never broken? Looking at the rulebook, or COC and the TOS, can you give me an example of a ban issued outside of what is listed there?

In a nutshell, show up for your games, play hard, don't quit, don't make racial slurs, don't play on anyone's account that isn't yours, don't throw games, don't quit, don't be so toxic by refusing to play for certain teams.... That is 99% of the bans I can personally think of resulting in bans recently.

What would a committee do in those situations? Basically agree the player is an idiot.

Are you saying you prefer issuing a suspension over a ban? Doesn't that play into the players favor? So a player DOES NOT want to be on your team, then act like a douche, and get a week suspension therefore they cannot play. Isn't that what they wanted? The reason a lot of things are two-season bans or capital bans is because they carry a punishment BEYOND the current season. Look at the hype for bidding. It is a second chance for a player. As a career player, I've never been a manager. Therefore I've always turned to bidding to dictate my season. Each session offers a new opportunity.

Adding salary to player punishes the team not the player. Our judicial process depends on our managers filing complaints and following through with issues. What owner in their right mind would EVER file a complaint on a player that increases their salary cap? To me that creates a major issue. We already see teams not don't file player removals in favour of moving a player for an asset. This system to me won't work.

In my eyes the focus shouldn't be on committees to review bans and try to help the "unjust" bans be removed from the league and we should focus on educating players on the rules and things to avoid. How many players get issued a ban for something they didn't know was a rule? I think that happens way too often. And who is that on? What more can the league do to improve communication? How many people actually read the rule changes each season? This league tends to go with the "Ikea approach". Don't read the instructions and then try and build the chair. That is the nature of the beast.

Even if we look specifically at Mug's issue. His ban was issued for share play. If he wants to debate he didn't the second tag or didn't play etc that is fine. But what did the rules say at that time? If he knew the rule 100% would he have still share played? Is the root cause the fact he feels the rule is lame, or is the root cause the fact he simply wasn't aware he broke a rule...

At the end of the day the players do not have to agree with the rules and regulations. Hence why we do "suggestion" threads for improvements. But the players have to FOLLOW the rules and take responsibility in their own learning and understanding of our rules to avoid situations. I look at it a lot like driving a car. When you first start out, there are likely some rules of the road you weren't aware of. Over time as you gain experience you get better and learn what to avoid. When the police pull you over whether it is day one or year 40 of driving, if the law is broken, there is a set consequence. I know some people will comment "ya but the cops will cut you a deal sometime" fine, they do. Personally, that shows inconsistency in judgement which is EXACTLY the topic this thread is talking about hence why we don't offer exceptions in our rulings.

LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    I am not saying comb through the AC for issues. But I sent you a DM the second I read this thread last week. Crickets.... I wanted one or two examples for a few reasons. #1 if something was fucked up and you know about it, the longer it takes for me to be aware, the longer it'll take to fix. #2 if it isn't fucked up but the perception is, I want the opportunity to address it.

You want accountability and change from staff? That is important and good. But you need to give me something to work with

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  3. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    The thing I want to add to this is that YOU DON'T NEED TO BE A BOG to make change..

The relationship Sparty and I have since he left staff is likely better than it was when he was staff. I STRONGLY agree that you've had positive influence on the CBJ stuff as well as our King's Coast ESHL... it is important.

I think some members of the community don't realize the power they already have. The voice they already have.

How many major issues have been addressed in the forum that I didn't respond to? Those of you who don't want to talk to me one on one, fine. Post your ideas publicly, I am going to read it and I am going to reply.

And nothing in this thread has been toxic at all. I agree we need more consistency, and I am always open to ideas and suggestions, they just need to make sense.

• Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  4. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    I agree 100% with your last statement.

Hence why I've thrown the ball to you and have sent a DM and have asked twice now, tell me what specific issues arose, tell me how you'd handle it differently, and give me an opportunity to talk about your concerns.

LeagueGamingOfficial
  5. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Top Players Make Good Staff

LeagueGamingOfficial
  6. The Nerdy Mamba

The Nerdy Mamba Ain't I Sexy Baby. Call me White n Dirty.

Discord:
    nerdymamba#0
    Ratings:
    +1,034 / 28 / -78
    Yeah I was just spit balling lol. I have no issues with our current system in place and like always I agree its up to the players and mgmt, staff to uphold the rules and regulations.
    But I do believe suspensions would be a viable thing.

Obviously I agree with 2 season bans and cap bans. But I believe adding suspensions for minor infractions could be positive way of informing a player.
    Ithatcanadian and frenchmoran exp they roasted sharkie, they were handed 2 season bans. Ithatcanadian was on my team and we as a team bought out his ban.
    boom he was playing the next day. If a suspension was handed out it would carry more weight.

I'm not disagreeing with our current system I just think there could be a suspension system in place.
    Yes the players who are idiots and wanna screw over their team on purpose deserve bans over suspensions.
    but there are really nice guys in this community who do make a honest mistake and I believe deserve to be suspended over being banned.
    via it be track record or mgmt backing up the player.
    I've seen players banned for memes, me personally some of them I thought were really funny. Do I believe memes ban worthy maybe if it happened before,
    which is why I use memes as an example as a suspension offence. majority of the time they aren't used to trigger people but I can see why some would be ban worthy.
    Needless to say, I think a lot of players would agree some bans are "soft" and maybe if we had a system in place for things that maybe are on those grey lines be suspensions for x amount of time.

By people fishing for bans I just meant people filing ac's just because they don't like the person.
    majority are turned down and closed right away, but its 2021 and some people are like that.

I also agree with no tolerance for a lot of things especially with the league being associated with NHL teams so I understand why things are the way they are.
    and I appreciate you and all the staff for everything that goes on behind the scenes.

as for fines, I still believe there could be a system in place that benefits the league.
    so I have the perfect figures or write up not right now lol but I'm sure there is some super smart guy who could figure out a really cool system to both fines, and suspensions.
    do bans fix an issue right away and create revenue yes.
    does it work yes, is it perfect no.
    I don't have the rules and regulations memorized, or have done full blown research.
    But I believe both systems you'll find players will agree they could provide more help.
    major offences = ban plus higher cap when they come back, minor offences = suspensions and minor cap influx.

Yes does this affect teams sure. but we all know the person we are getting. We know the risk with the trade.
    BUT the positive with the cap system is guess what when that player gets banned and they come back they are ******
    or maybe a player on an extremely good cont, gets a minor offence and their contract is affected it makes that player less valuable.
    could there be loop holes maybe but I'm just a guy spitting out ideas I think the community would be interested in hearing if it was processed out and fine kinked.

In all my seasons as mgmt I have never banned a single player.
    I have never filed an ac against someone.
    I have always messaged said player who maybe didn't wanna play on my team and said hey man what can I do for you.
    What would make you happy so you could enjoy this league.
    Which I do understand why some mgmt get upset when a guy doesn't wanna play for said team, and want to ban them.
    But like you said communication goes along way. In this league and in Life.
    End of the day I play LG because I enjoy having fun comp hockey.

Debates are always good and I'm glad you took the time to respond.
    my rant in a nut shell lol
    minor offences = suspensions cap goes up 250k-1m
    multiple minor offences = ban cap goes up a tad 1m-2m

major offences = ban up 2m+

obviously player cap hit would need a formula based on their current cap so some guy who is 10 mill is punished the same as someone 500k

• Informative Informative x 1
    NerdyMamba
  7. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852

I definitely like hearing new ideas.

I think in your first example the issue is the buyout system not the ban system. I've been vocal for years I'd love that system to change to ensure players MUST server a MIN of one season before they can return from a buyout

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  8. Tcx7

Tcx7 Pokemon Master

Discord:
    Rico#2183
    Ratings:
    +2,128 / 39 / -103
    I remember you being very vocal about this. I think that would solve a lot of issues when it comes to players willingly taking bans because of the "memes". I think its been proven if you take their money they don't really care, if you take their ability to play virtual hockey, that's where the reform comes in

• Like Like x 2
    MyNameIsRicoAndILikeYou
  9. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    When it comes to the buyout issue I see both sides.

#1) the website benefits largely from the revenue the buyout creates. When Tris spends time working on site system he isn't working on other projects he is being paid to do. I respect the amount of time and effort that goes into running the site and I have zero issues with him making money from buyouts. Without him, we don't have LG. What is that valued to me? More than the couple grand he makes a year from buyouts

#2) The buyout completely undermines the ban system 100%. Our managers have to sit a season regardless of a buyout, why should the players be any different? I've even be willing to issue more two-season bans and less CO bans if the system changed. In my opinion, it should NEVER be a buyout. It needs to be a ban reduction. Serve a season, if you want to come back early, pay the fine.

LeagueGamingOfficial
  10. The Nerdy Mamba

The Nerdy Mamba Ain't I Sexy Baby. Call me White n Dirty.

Discord:
    nerdymamba#0
    Ratings:
    +1,034 / 28 / -78
    that would definitely help. if a player is banned mid season does some of the ban count towards that szn or carried into the next 2 future szns?

NerdyMamba
  11. Tcx7

Tcx7 Pokemon Master

Discord:
    Rico#2183
    Ratings:
    +2,128 / 39 / -103
    So @hgSparty and myself would be welcomed back :eyes:

Oh definitely, I don't think any is gonna argue Tris making some money for all the hard work he puts in. Just wish there was a way for everyone to benefit and players actually get more than a slap on the wrist and get to hop back in. Nothing is perfect though. Maybe mandatory AHL season :laugh::laugh:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    MyNameIsRicoAndILikeYou
  12. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    it always counts for the current season. That’s why we make all bans three season bans after the trade deadline

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  13. DShakki

DShakki Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 72 / -110
    Wouldn't you add 4 minutes in game time to make it equal, since the last minute of the 1st in a restart still exists.

Interesting idea regardless, very much beats waiting until the 3rd which i've seen requested before lmao

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Woytkiw8
  14. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Period lengths are 4 minutes real time. So five minutes in game is a equal to one minute

LeagueGamingOfficial
  15. BarryWoodsDong

BarryWoodsDong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +577 / 10 / -63
    quik mafs

double_brah
  16. DShakki

DShakki Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 72 / -110
    Does this mean, then, that the first 19 minutes of the 3rd period goes faster than the other periods, or is the last minute just an extra minute tacked on? Interesting. Idk why i'm diving so much into this as it's not really relevant to the thread, but it's still cool to think about lol.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Woytkiw8
  17. Plymmy11

Plymmy11 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Plymmy11#2563
    Ratings:
    +463 / 10 / -25
    I'm doing great these days, thanks.

No Streaming Account