Disqualified Players!!

Discussion in 'LG World Tour' started by Babolat, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Babolat

Babolat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Disqualified Players

Following matches were not completed in time, thus following players will be disqulified. I hate to do this, but I must set an example somewhere. If there was a schedule problem with someone, you should not have signed up. If you honestly tried contacting your opponent, and your opponent failed to return any messages about setting up a match time, please IM and I will look and see if you get the walk-over (free win from non-cooperative opponent) by 3pm EST Sunday, November 23rd!

63 JayFro
    vs
    34 shepstyle

4 Randy Roy
    vs
    52 DeadInc

31 Stang6697
    vs
    58 Pappa Renob

No Streaming Account
  2. Randy Roy

Randy Roy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Babolat,
    This is what I was afraid of... I made sure that I posted and e-mailed you and Tris10 about this. Tris even tried e-mailing the dude but I'm sure he never got a response either. I was ready the whole time to play my game and I tried all means of comunication. I don't think I deserve to be disqualified.

Plus I did mention that I think people that get disqualified for being a no show shouldn't get to sign up for at least 2 or more tournaments as a result of it.

Let me know!

Randy Roy

No Streaming Account
  3. KineticZ

KineticZ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i dont think randyroy should be DQ-ed either because like he said, he made an effort, and its not his fault by any means that he ended up having to play someone who would be a no-show...for ppl who are no shows, and didnt give any forewarning, i think yeah either dont let them play anymore or like randy said, dont let them join a few tourneys...
    myg uess is , they probably wouldnt care either way.

No Streaming Account
  4. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We will review this, and we shall see what happens. As long as I see that you made the effort with PM's on those dates, and see that he never replied, then Randy would get the win. But if you both replied to each other, and couldn't get a set time, then thats both faults, and both players would, regretably, get DQ'd. Hope you will understand.

No Streaming Account
  5. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Of the 3 matches in question, not one PM was exchanged between any of the 6 parties. :(

If you guys use only IM's or emails to communicate, you give the admins no proof to back up your side of the story.

If you instead us PM's, then we can see when they were sent and if they were responded to, and give you the benefit of the doubt in those cases.

Sadly though, as I mentioned, none of the 6 listed above sent PM's to their 1st round opponent.

No Streaming Account
  6. KineticZ

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah, thats unfortunate..but you know...randy roy posted what efforts he tried to make quite early on..he even got TRIS10 to reply about it saying that he emailed both of the players and if the second guy didnt respond he would advance RandyRoy...i dont think you need much more proof than that...the guy tried using IMs and MAIL...good to know now that we should use PMs but at least i wasnt aware that this would be neccessary to not get DQed...Come on guys, its a fun league. yes we have rules and should uphold them, but this one i think its pretty safe to say that is not one of the times where everyone should be so staunch about it.
    Z

No Streaming Account
  7. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I agree that Randy Roy has shown enough effort to get advanced, just making the point that none of the 6 involved used PM's to communicate with their opponent (which is the only thing we can track).

No Streaming Account
  8. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am truely, and honestly sorry, but I have to set an example. There were no PM's listed, there for no one should get an exemption. I understand this is a fun league, but we have to set guidelines about people just signing up and not showing.

But, on the other hand, I did notice that Randy Roy did PM me about DeadInc. and I will take that into consideration, but this time only! Next time, you HAVE TO PM YOUR OPPONENT. If we can't track it, then there is no proof.

No Streaming Account
  9. Randy Roy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Babolat,
    I do agree that I didm't attempt to pm DeadInc.... But when I posted about our match, I got a response from another member with his e-mail address and his AOL screename. I figured that he would check his e-mail and instant messaging for sure.....I see him online everyday!!! I tried instant messaging him and I sent him some e-mails concerning our match with no response. I didn't think the pm would be a good way because it doesn't seem that he has been to this site in a while. He probably joined the tournament then totally forgot about it. But I made sure that I posted, and pm'ed you and Tris about the situation. Tris tried e-mailing him also and I'm sure he didn't get a response. I don't understand why I came close to elimination... that shouldn't even be an issue because even though I didn't pm, I made that everyone know that I was doing my best to get in touch with him....

Randy Roy

No Streaming Account
  10. KineticZ

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well im glad to hear that randy roy's case was taken into consideration and a warning was given rather than kicking him form the tourney..good deal...
    so i guess form now on boys, alays PM along with the rest of the contact stuff.

Peace

No Streaming Account
  11. Randy Roy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh! and another thing... I just re-read all the rules and threads about getting our matches in in time and it never states that PMs are mandatory in order to be considered to move on in case the other opponent is a no show. In fact, one even states that Instant Messaging (AIM, Yahoo, ICQ...) are the best ways to get in touch with your opponent quick.

So is it safe to say that it is a rule now? Are all players obligated to PM the opponent so the admin can track it or do we just need to make sure that everyone knows about our attempts to contact the other player?

Let us know!

Randy Roy

No Streaming Account
  12. Stang6697

Stang6697 Dallas Stars Captain

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yea i never got ahold of papa renob, i add him to my AIM list but never saw him online, ,sorry guys!!!!!!

No Streaming Account
  13. woobwoob

woobwoob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Now that is a very good point. :!:

No Streaming Account
  14. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Its a rule now, and the annoucement thread has been updated.

Instant Messenger services will always be the most efficient way if getting a hold of your opponenet. If you use a PM, and ask to play "now", they might not get to you right back, and when then reply "OK", and its 5 hours later, then you have a problem. So you can see why PMs arent efficient as IM's.

But its an official rule now that you must use a PM to get any chance of getting the win if the match isn't played. But if both parties PM each other, and the match could not be played, then its equal fault for both players, and both will be DQ.

No Streaming Account
  15. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just use both. IM's are quicker and better for getting ahold of someone right then. PM's just give the admins evidence of your attempt to schedule the match.

No Streaming Account
  16. canucks33

canucks33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

good call commish. this is fair enough for both parties.

No Streaming Account
  17. KineticZ

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    word

No Streaming Account
  18. eze123_00

eze123_00 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good call on the dec