Do you wanna be a captain?

Discussion in 'Pokemon' started by woobwoob, Oct 28, 2003.

1. woobwoob

woobwoob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do you wanna be a ca

Since you guyz are interested in a team competition format, we need to start thinking about how this is going to work.

Right off the bat, I need 4 captains to step up and start leading their team to victory. Now you won't have too much responsibility, more of just a person I can go to with questions etc for each team and to help with scheduling issues. So signups are open for that, the first four people to sign up get to be a captain.

Captains will need to draft a team of 4 riders, so that when matchups are played, we will have full rooms of 8. Once captains are identified, we will have a live Draft either here on the forums or on LIVE, whichever you prefer.

Captains will also need to pick a sponsor (Snowboard Manufacturer) to name your team. I would like to see what boards are abailable in the game and stick to those. But that may change if there is one manufacturer you really want to have. I know many of you want Burton and I know really who wants to be sponsored by the best, so we will have to come to some sort of resoloution on that matter, or simply leave that manufacturer out initially. We shall see more details on this shortly.

So for right now, let me know if you want to be a captain, and if you definitely don't.

No Streaming Account
  2. The Destroyer

The Destroyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh cool! Captains for a snowboarding league... that sounds awesome! I just think we need to see who's actually gonna pick up the game... but its definitely a good idea. And I'm all for it!

No Streaming Account
  3. AK420

AK420 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't want to be a captain.. :)

I really want to be on the Burton team if there is one.. not because they're the best but because I've only ridden that brand.

Maybe we could have resort/mountain teams.. I'd have to go with the Breckenridge team if that's the case, but it's a good idea because you could pick your "home" mountain or whatever is closest or favorite.

No Streaming Account
  4. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I dont know about being el capatano, but I would like to be on the Burton team for the same reasons as AK, but if we do go with that resort team I definitely want to be on Park City!!!!

No Streaming Account
  5. woobwoob

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hmmm list out some mountains for me if you know em off the top of your head. I am too lazy right now to look up the names from the game. I like this idea.... lets keep going with it for a bit.

No Streaming Account
  6. AK420

AK420 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was gonna list a bunch here but there are a lot more than I thought. So here is a link to a good list:

http://www.snowboard.com/resorts/

I know Colorado because I grew up there but East & West Coast & Canada I don't know too much about.

No Streaming Account
  7. Skater

Skater LG Vet

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I want to be a captain, preferably of Burton

No Streaming Account
  8. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If we do Mt Teams then I would like to be on Mt Hood since they dont have PC atleast that I see.

No Streaming Account
  9. woobwoob

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok guys if we are going to do sponsored teams, everyone can't be on burton. How I see it playing out is that there will be a lottery for the captains to see who gets 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th sponsor pick. After that, whoever got 4th pick of sponsor, gets first round draft pick for team members, 3rd gets second pick, and so on. If someone ends up not getting the sponsor they want, they may end up getting a better boarder for their team.

Still didn't get a chance to turn the game on last night, had mad stuff to do. But will put some time into it tonight to get plans straightened out.

No Streaming Account
  10. woobwoob

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok guys, if you want to do teams, we need captains. 2 people so far have showed interest. My original thought is having teams of four riders. I will step up to the plate as a captain as well. So we just need one more.

You won't really have much responsibility, just keep in contact with the rest of your team. If they don't show up over and over, find out why. That kind of thing.

No Streaming Account