Draft Lobbies Suck

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by RGDeded, Jun 16, 2021.

1. RGDeded

RGDeded Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    What is the fascination with these draft lobbies? Maybe I missed something being away for a year but yall let NHL die.

People complain that they are drafted to a bad team and lobbies constantly are chalked. There is more time spent waiting than playing.

A year ago you were able to hop on at just about any time of the day and run 6s, sure you can still do that but there is so much waiting invloved that once you get started you are looking to play again. Personally my favorite part of these lobbies is everyone's ego is too big to join a party it just feels like a decent drop in lobby half the time.

Yeah its summer season and interest has died down but a year ago LG was fun....

So my question here is how did we let NHL die on the casual level?

• Like x 61
    • Winner x 14
    • Funny x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Troll x 1
    • Get Good x 1
    ReallyGooodDad
  2. mikeychel

mikeychel Living legend

Discord:
    mikeychel#9499
    Ratings:
    +1,468 / 122 / -262
    [​IMG]

• Get Good Get Good x 5
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. RRaWGeRs

RRaWGeRs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    rrawgers#0
    Ratings:
    +92 / 1 / -1
    Drafts is a good concept but everyone acting like a child ruins it. CC’s and club search (when you used to match solid teams) are much more enjoyable.

• Like Like x 22
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. RGDeded

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    Drafts should be a fall back if you cant get club going or ccs but drafts is the go to.

I qm totally fine with drafts during off hours but when you're trying to get 6 or a cc around 8-12 and are forced to play drafts. That aint it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    ReallyGooodDad
  5. Bruins37

Bruins37 CHL Shitter | $0 Player

Discord:
    Bruins37#8079
    Ratings:
    +271 / 9 / -101
    I think the concept is great but people ruined it as RRaWGeRs said. The idea of always having a game to jump into that will be filled with good / competitive players is enticing but what you end up with is the same ~10 people playing 24 hours a day and being in every single game you're in which just makes it boring imo.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. TertleToes

TertleToes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 6 / -5
    I agree that draft lobbies kinda killed casual chel - but that's more of a community problem than a drafts problem. Like you said, people seem to rather sit and wait for an hour for 12 people just for it to get chalked instead of getting a quick 6 in for a club search. But now I can't come online at 2 am drunk and just play for fun without risking getting purged from the only place that people go to play now. And purging people for being bad at the game just isolates them even more, as they have nowhere else to go to play. Which makes having ahl/chl lobbies irrelevant if you're allowing people to get purged based on skill and a popular vote.

I wont lie, at first I did really like drafts. But now it's reminding me of OTP lobbies with a few guys bragging about how they have 300 goals in 20 games after spending 5 hours goal trading. Not to mention elo is completely irrelevant when people can chose to leave lobbies when a few "bad players" join the list, or not add them to the list hoping a better player will post soon. Making elo more useless than CR - so what's the point of even tracking it.

With that being said though, drafts did add something to do during the day when people were stuck at home or whatever and sb gathering just wasn't happening, so thanks the guys who put it together and take the time to keep it going. But I hope I can get back to spamming LW here in the sb for NHL 22.

• Like Like x 22
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Manning x 76

Manning x 76 Halifornia

Ratings:
    +394 / 10 / -24
    What she said ^

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Tayyyzzzz

Tayyyzzzz @TayyyzzzzNHL

Discord:
    tayyyzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +1,129 / 117 / -116
    Casual chel sucks because the game sucks and the only teams you match up against in search lobbies are against 12 year olds running 6’9 enforcers taking 75 penalties a game.

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. RGDeded

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    Casual chel imo is getting 6 together and running some games. Talking, bullshitting etc. Run some club while you look for a cc and back out when u get one. Sure you run into shitters,you pound them and make them quit but atleast you are doing something other than waiting.

Like what has been said numerous times drafts is a great idea but it shouldn't be replacing club and ccs.

• Like Like x 6
    ReallyGooodDad
  10. TINO45CAL

TINO45CAL Warning Group

Discord:
    jfmartineau#0
    Ratings:
    +4,310 / 63 / -145
    I'll keep diving in draft games , pussies

• Winner x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Get Good x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    tino45
  11. Im 4thLine

Im 4thLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197
    Say it Louder for the people in the back!

Don’t know why you can’t just run a discord for gathering and for CCs.
    RGD currently winning with this take.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. SJUSoccer9

SJUSoccer9 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SJUSoccer9#5071
    Ratings:
    +1,876 / 10 / -12
    heh 6'9

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    Drafts didn't cause uncompetitive search games, nor did it cause the shoutbox being barren of people finding groups to run games with. Drafts exists because of those things.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  14. Big Wet May

Big Wet May Well Known Month

Ratings:
    +244 / 12 / -26
    The 2 or 3 times I tried draft lobbies nobody was in a party and it was just awkward af. Like why am I even playing if everybody's gonna be a fruitcake and it takes too long to MAYBE get a game. I'm with RGD on this one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. eLcocc

eLcocc Well-Known Member

Discord:
    elcocc#0
    Ratings:
    +30 / 4 / -5

16. Sneakler

Sneakler Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jake_51436#0
    Ratings:
    +13 / 2 / -4
    Don't have an opinion on the whole drafts good or bad thing...

But...if we asked EA to add an option to EASHL called COMP. You could play ranked EASHL (Casual with RP) and if you set it to COMP...it does a standard search but the games do not count meaning no RP or credit for a win...its basically a search for a scrim with an unknown opponent.

Occasionally teams or enforcer scrubs would troll this playlist...obviously just back out.

But for the most part, I think the LG crowd would use this to make sure they are playing teams attempting to play some form of organized hockey. If the community lobbied for this I do believe they would add it.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    Sneakler
  17. RGDeded

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    You are right. Granted i wasnt here for whatever collapse happened to ruin shoutbox club/cc but i imagine some of it is that people feel they are under a microscope in the chatbox.

Im not blaming drafts for killing club but i also dont think it should be the go to especially when there are 50 people looking to hop into a draft. Lg was already a giant clique and the drafts only add to that when u get 3 buddies in a game and they just sit in a party together and think thier shit dont stink.

ReallyGooodDad
  18. patsway

patsway Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Patsway#1909
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -3
    I’m in the same boat with all of this. Yeah drafts was cool at first. But when I want to play a different position to get better at it. I have “better” players telling me that I can’t play a certain position properly or to thier liking and I’m next on the purge block… the biggest problem with it is that you have all these people that don’t know anyone at all if they are new or just starting versus people that know everyone and just draft the better players making the lobbies not enjoyable and when everyone wants a best of three because they are smacking thier opponents, it just tells me they would just rather play with thier friends.. so why not just start a group with your friends and get a club game going.. atleast balance the teams out if you want competition.

I know just about all of this community Barely know me, but then you get these people telling you you’re a certain skill level or not good enough to play with certain people when we’ve probably never played a game together.

don’t get me wrong I’m playing more than I ever have and I appreciate the work that went into it and the work that’s continued to keep it going. Egos have inflated a bit and we just need to tone it down lol, elo is just a number at the end of the day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. TurboYuri

TurboYuri Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +711 / 40 / -82
    shut up Ryan!

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. JJr

JJr Good Day

Discord:
    JJR-#3526
    Ratings:
    +959 / 127 / -178
    not gonna cap you were so bad it chalked every lobby i played with you @RGDeded if you were better you would enjoy it

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    In World of CHEL
    jjfinesse98