EA adds Central servers + fixing ping to display correct number

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Nuckles37, Feb 6, 2019.

1. TabarNUCK

TabarNUCK Certified Stud Muffin

Discord:
    Canuckles#3684
    Ratings:
    +927 / 4 / -8
    https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discus...network-performance-display-bug-fix-incoming/
    "Hey everyone,

We’ve been watching and following your feedback since the switch to dedicated servers in HUT. After reviewing the feedback and looking over internal data, we will be adding in two new dedicated server locations.

Additionally, we’ve identified a bug where the Network Performance screen was displaying a user’s response time incorrectly. This will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

Find out more details about each of the two changes below!

Additional Server Locations

The first change will be the addition of 2 new dedicated server locations: Central North America and an additional location in Europe. These two locations will help improve our coverage for the game and help improve connections for players in those regions. These are live as of Feb. 6th @ 10:30 AM PT

Network Performance Display Bug Fix
    We have identified a visual bug that is currently causing the Ping Response Time in the Network Performance screen to only display half of a user’s actual Ping Response Time. This will be fixed in an upcoming patch so that the Network Performance screen will now display your correct Ping Response Time.

This was a visual bug only and this fix will not impact your connection."

>"will it work in the sense that East players paired against West players will meet in the middle on central?"
    >"It’ll look for the best mutual location for all players, so in theory yes"
    https://twitter.com/TheFlopFish/status/1093250221478273024

No Streaming Account
  2. Eamonn

Eamonn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bleafer#0602
    Ratings:
    +85 / 3 / -2
    The "meeting in the middle" may just apply to hut/versus. When searching in EASHL it just puts you on the server closest to one of the two lobby leaders (maybe the meet in the middle will work here). In club challenge the server is selected based on the closest server to the lobby leader that searches first.

3. I Risto I

I Risto I FNP Commish & CHL BOG

Discord:
    I Risto I#9069
    Ratings:
    +626 / 68 / -62
    Tonight server seems to be slow and pings are higher with ppl feeling heavy. Also had multiple before puck drop game disconnects

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ristolainen
  4. BullBreed333

BullBreed333 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 8 / -19
    I had the same exact issues as Risto detailed. Was not a good time. I can say the game felt pretty good before this, probably the best it has felt in a while. Frustrating as hell.

Bullbreed333
  5. HoT RiViT

HoT RiViT Well-Known Member

Discord:
    HoT RiViT#6095
    Ratings:
    +158 / 7 / -6
    Just an FYI. The central servers host both HUT and EASHL. New server is AWS located in Columbus, OH or somewhere around that region. IP address: 18.188.107.36

Keep in mind, if you were to do a ping test on your pc, you'll notice your ping will be double of what it will say in-game, as noted on EA forum.

It is also listed as US-EAST-2. Use Best Location (or something) then matchmaking will determine whether your game will be hosted on the central or east server (all depends on locations and ping times of your teammates).

https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/240320/new-central-server#latest

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 3
    HoTRiViT