EA MVP Baseball 08?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Rocket League (LGRL PSN)' started by swiper19, May 3, 2007.

1. swiper19

swiper19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    with the surefire hit that 2k has on their hands ( :laugh: ) with the legends of foootball , why not bring back the MVP series with the Legends of Baseball? that would be a baseball game worth the money.....

No Streaming Account
  2. Cromags21

Cromags21 LGBA Commissioner

Ratings:
    +187 / 0 / -0
    hey bud,I have something you might be interested in,Not sure if you are a PC gamer.If you are....Read the posted i did up in the thread called QUESTION..

There is a Mods site that works with MVP2005,They make alot of mods and rosters,They even have a classic rosters,I have not done this one yet,But you might want to check it out...These guys also do a MVP2007 Mods for MVP2005,Which looks awesome

Check it here

http://www.mvpmods.com

No Streaming Account
  3. kiddstyle

kiddstyle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's probably a good idea. I am sure EA could come out with a college baseball game and people would blindly purchase it

:mrgreen:

No Streaming Account
  4. swiper19

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sweet!!! thanks Frank!

you mean like:

[​IMG]

http://www.easports.com/mvp07/

had this been an option for Xbox 360 I would have most likely bought it , MVP 06 NCAA Baseball was great on the regular Xbox.

No Streaming Account
  5. ExArmySgt

ExArmySgt <b>Madden NFL Commissioner </b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    XboxJon and I played a game with MVP 2005 on the PC. You can configure use an Xbox controller as well which makes it really nice. It was fun and it's definitely something we should consider if 2k releases another crap title this spring.

No Streaming Account
  6. BLaz

BLaz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Which is sure to happen.

The Show 08 :)

No Streaming Account
  7. kiddstyle

kiddstyle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What is wrong with the 2k baseball game? I see lots of people complaining about it without listing the faults.

No Streaming Account
  8. swiper19

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    just for starters:
    • The controls are terrible , fielding is almost impossible. A line drive smash that should be at least a single gets caught where a fly ball is usually an adventure in the outfiled, too many "Wall Climbs" kill this game for me.
    • Hitting is too easy , once you get the rythm ( regardless of player ) you can see astronimical hit totals. I would like my power hitters to be power hitters , not routine fly ball in the outfield guys. The lack of consistancy also blows me away , Brandon Inge led my team in HR's over Pudge/Ordonez/Sheffield .... something wrong there.
    • The pitching is good but far from what MVP 2005 set as the standard , MLB the show is extremely close to MVP in this regard and I am really looking forward to "MLB The Show 08"
    • Baserunning is ludicrous , the control scheme is goofy and too hard to feel natural.
    • Player ratings are out of whack , it feels like they make some players god like and others just pedestrian with no middle ground. Balance would be nice....
    • Graphics..... well using the same player models year after year after year gets lame , upgrade would be nice :wink: The grass at Comerica Park looks like it is Astroturf , and makes the Astroturf at the Rogers Center look like ca ca.
    • Online is hit or miss , when the biggest thing that the company brags about is online league play they should at least do that right. Online leagues are great and all but when you have to sit for minimum 3 minutes before all stats are downloaded or whatever only to see that you get the good old disco gets really really frustrating.... Not being able to edit you lineup online is crazy as well , if they offer it then it should work. I don't know how many times I would try to make a change in my rotation or lineup on the website only to have to redo it in game.
    • Site outtages, one of the most annoying things to ever happen to online gaming. The frustration level experienced when visiting www.2ksports.com is unbelievable , in this day and age how is this even possible?
    these are just a few of my beefs with this game, this is not an anti 2k post by nature. If a company is to lock up exclusive rights to a sport they better deliver the goods and in this case 2k failed miserably , MLB The Show 06 & 07 were so far ahead of 2k's offering it is not even funny. I was very excited to hear that 2K sports had hired the guys that made MVP 2005 , but quickly realized that it's like Hyundai hiring Ferrari engineers..... at the end of the assembly line it's still a Hyundai...

I do hope that MLB 2k8 is worth the money , I am looking forward to it and hoping that it is not a cloned copy of MLB 2k6 & 2k7... The Bigs looked like a fun game and perhaps that is a sign of things to come?

dunno , we need some details soon though :cool:

Go :bdet: !

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
    No Streaming Account
  9. BxGngsta

BxGngsta Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I would love to play MVP in a league again, but I'm not a PC player anymore. I used to love what EA did with the college game by having an option that forced you to put eveything in the strike zone. One of my disgusts with this game is the inability to tell if the pitch is going to be a strike or a ball and playing people that consistently throw low pitches outside the strike zone. It becomes frustrating for the owners that don't have a powerhouse team. Something needs to be done about that.

No Streaming Account
  10. slow elk

slow elk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lmao, nice avi kiddstyle. I love EA though and can also see why others do not.

No Streaming Account
  11. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    I really don't see why so many people disliked last years game. 2k6 is a different story. But the thing I LOVE about 2k games is that they give you plenty of sliders. So while I agree with Swiper on some of those complaints out of the box, 2k also gives you plenty of Sliders to make the game however you like. And as for the whole last complaint about 2ksports.com always being down, I'd take a site being down over the game servers(or faceoff glitch) any day of the week.

drummerJ99