Please Vote! East Atlantic Division Roster Deep Dive

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Roubidoo, Mar 3, 2021.

?

Who will win the East Pacific division?

1. Bridgeport Sound Tigers +300

24 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. Charlotte Checkers +2500

4 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. Hartford Wolf Pack +800

14 vote(s)
    20.6%
  4. Hersey Bears +800

5 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. Lehigh Valley Phantoms +600

3 vote(s)
    4.4%
  6. Providence Bruins +4500

3 vote(s)
    4.4%
  7. Springfield Thunderbirds +200

14 vote(s)
    20.6%
  8. Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins +1500

3 vote(s)
    4.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Roubidoo

Roubidoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 17 / -41
    Hi AHL Faithful,

In an attempt to help @ChiSouthSiderr lighten the load on the odds postings, @Spacelessbark, @Broomball16, and I have teamed up with Chi to lighten the load. We all picked a division (that we were not in) to do a little bit of a writeup of post bidding rosters.

As a general disclaimer, yes I am aware that some of these picks for best and worst contracts etc. have not aged too well. As in all predictions these are all my personal opinions and I'm sure most of you will disagree with them.

I hope you all enjoy!

Bridgeport Sound Tigers +300 (3/1 Odds)
    Management Group:
    GM: @skyre5
    AGM: @SouPerSaiyan
    PAGM: @An AngryFawn

Lines:

Reynoldsx24 - skyre5 - SouPerSaiyan
    BigD Auditor - Mr SaWse

MrBinxx - PPask - An AngryFawn
    Sir Shacklet0n - Heber x 91

Mackie - TITOTHICMEAT - Juul In You
    TheRealProcess - Gary Garoo

TnP x DaRkStaR

Roster Strengths:
    Led by skyre and Soup this team is very deep on the forward group with guys who are proven top end guys in the AHL, paired with guys who have had success at the NHL level as well. Bridgeport as a whole should not have much trouble getting contributions from their forward group throughout the season.

Roster Weakness: Proven defense and proven goaltending. Behind BigD and SaWse this team is fairly lacking on the back end. Former first rounders in Shacklet0n and Heber have had success at the chl level however have yet to truly prove themselves in the upper leagues. Gary Garoo is a solid vet on the third pairing that should help anchor that pairing. On the goaltending front, Darkstar and Avatar have both had success in the past as goalies, but have very little recent experience and success in the upper leagues to truly know what to expect from them.

X-Factor: PPask
    If PPask can build off of his previous success in at the NHL level don’t be surprised if you see him in the race for the Cunningham

Potential Breakout Player: Avatar x TLA

Best Contract: Mr SaWse 2.5m RD
    Worst Contract:Reynoldsx24 4m LW
    Disclaimer: I don't think this is necessarily a bad contract, however Bridgeport didn’t want a lot of players in bidding, and the ones that were won are generally low hit players who are probably under slot value.

Projected Division Finish: 2nd

Charlotte Checkers +2500 (25/1 Odds)

Management Group
    GM:mad:HateCreation95
    AGM: @Dabaws l24l
    PAGM:mad:iLindrosi i88i

Lines:

Lazy l 7 l - MarcQC101 - ChelCat08
    KeepYourChinUp - Farkle10

VolTaGe TaCKtik- Dabaws l24l - xXOverzZ
    Lx N J xl - Biggie l23l

iLindrosi i88i - ElVraiPenguin - Hxmel
    HateCreation95 - BaztardSon713

Draperov
    igetblunted247

Roster Strengths: Frankly, chemistry is the biggest roster strength that is visible for Charlotte. There are a few high end players sprinkled throughout this lineup like ChelCat, Dabaws, and HateCreation. Getting Chin and Farkle together was also a smart move however, i’m not too sure if the values at which they were won in bidding were ideal. Charlotte also has goaltending that has experience in Draperov and blunted from last season, however they were both on pretty solid teams.

Roster Weaknesses: There are A LOT of question marks on this roster, however, my opinions are given without a whole lot of viewings on most of the players. Having Marc jump up to forward could be a sleeper pickup, however, he has little to no league experience as a forward. Charlotte is banking on a lot of big contributions from guys who are fairly unproven outside of the CHL which is a dicey game to play.

X-Factor: Dabaws l24l - Dabaws is coming off a couple very solid campaigns with Sharp and the boys in Belleville. If he can continue to play at that high level and help possibly carry a line the outlook for this team becomes much better.

Potential Breakout Player: Hxmel

Best Contract: xXOverzZ 500k RW
    Worst Contract: lx N J xl 7m LD

Projected Division Finish: 7th

Hartford Wolf Pack +800 (8/1 Odds)
    GM: Berube x 9
    AGM: BowTanique
    PAGM: jpiss

Lines:
    Pwnologistz - Berube x 9 - BowTanique
    GR1ZZl03l - pajicc

Ouellette92 - TimatinQC - iZinczyi
    l Risto l - o SoKe o

Debrxsk - Keenis VI IX - JBrodiee
    Tetrxault - Jarvis x 96

Jpiss
    Avoine x 35

Roster Strengths: Hartford should have a very solid top line anchored by Berube, BowTanique and pajicc. Hartford also has a very solid anchor for the second pairing in Risto. Jpiss is a stud in net and should hold down this team's starting goalie spot for this season. Tsunami and co also brought over a majority of a very solid line from WBS last season in Ouellette and Timatin and added in a very solid player in Zinczy to help compliment them.

Roster Weakness: There are quite a few question marks within this team mainly rooting from the 3rd line. I personally am not too familiar with Debrxsk and Tetrxault and am really unsure of what to expect from the left side of the 3rd line. Avoine will also have a lot to prove after a pretty solid run on a loaded Toledo team in the CHL S37. I could be completely wrong on the outlook of this line itself, however personally I am not seeing much that screams success as a whole.

X-Factor: pajicc
    If pajicc plays like he did at the beginning of s37 that top line could be very deadly with a lot of firepower up front.

Potential Breakout Player: Keenis VI IX

Best Contract:iZinczyi 1.5m RW
    Worst Contract: JBrodiee 5m RW

Projected Div Finish: 4th

Hershey Bears +800 (8/1 Odds)
    GM: Clutch l28l
    AGM: Chislett 19
    PAGM: ChiSouthSiderr

Lines:
    Leueey - OG Mr ProdiGy - DxT Gerbe
    JerSaids - ChiSouthSiderr

Costylo - Clutch l28l - HEROxIDENTITY
    Chislett 19 - Fullsend3174

Mixter Kal - Burke x55 - GabFont
    RookieQC l83l - Luffy QC

DevilzR3aper
    Clavet l29l

Roster Strengths: Hershey has a pretty interesting group of top end players that could really help carry this team down the road. OG MrProdiGy is definitely a top line player in the AHL along with Burke. RookieQC is coming off of a very good campaign and could help really anchor that pairing. This team was built with alot of players who could really exceed expectations and there are quite a few guys on the roster to really keep your eye on.

Roster Weaknesses: Now this is a little contradicting as it was also listed in the Roster Strengths, however, having a lot of guys that you aren’t really sure what to expect from is also a scary situation that could blow up. Another red flag that I am a little worried about is how the 2nd line will mesh together. There are alot of guys on that line that have had previous success, however I don’t see hardly any chemistry there. The goaltending for the Bears is anchored by DevilzR3aper who won the Baz a couple of seasons ago who should hold down the starting job for them. Clavet is a little bit of a question mark as he has had success at the ahl level however it was mainly as a forward. The goalie position in this game can really sink a ship and it’s definitely something for Hershey to keep an eye on.

X-Factor: OG Mr ProdiGy
    If ProdiGy can help the first line for the Bears win 20 games this team could be primed to make a push for the playoffs.

Potential Breakout Player: Mixter Kal

Best Contract: Mixter Kal
    Worst Contract: OG Mr ProdiGy
    *This could blow up in my face*

Projected Division Finish: 5th

Lehigh Valley Phantoms +600 (6/1 Odds)
    GM: Smitter
    AGM: Meestah Don
    PAGM: N/A

Lines:
    xWavyDavy - l StoNami l - Meestah Don
    Lo Rail - Colonel20

l2l St Jean l5l - Buch x 89 - DatsyukianxDeke
    Smitter - Islander112286

Soxfan7744 - Kiroxy4320 - Patsway
    Joonetic - Disensitized

llPOMll
    Gumba l11l

Roster Strenghts: Lehigh has very balanced lines from what i’m seeing from the week 1 lines. Each line has guys scattered throughout that can really make an impact. This team has a nice mix of guys who have been around the league for a long time and some very nice up and coming DP players that could really help make an impact. Pom was a rock for them last season and could really make a difference in keeping the puck out of the net for this team.

Roster Weaknesses: While this team has a very solid G7 pairing option in Smitter and Colonel, i’m a little worried about the rest of the defense and how they will do this season. Another weakness that isn’t really glaring that i’m seeing from this squad is a lack of top top end players. Their G7 line will still be very solid however, I don’t know if they have a true Game Changer up front.

X-Factor: xWavyDavy
    If WavyDavy (xS_I_M_P) can become the true top end player that he was for the first 4-5 weeks last season that line could be extremely dangerous and very hard to play against.
    Potential Breakout Player: Buch x 89

Best Contract: Joonetic 2.25m LD
    Worst Contract: patsway 4.5m RW
    (I’m sorry pats, I don't mean it)

Projected Div Finish: 3rd

Providence Bruins +4500 (45/1 Odds)
    GM: MURPH0270
    AGM: Rxmanov
    PAGM: SievE30

Lines:
    JL l13l - MURPH0270 - Scyther l22l
    Rxmanov - harvdiesel

Xxarmyman94xx - Drip l38l - nhlNJDevil00
    SievE30 - l Prozzer l

Canadian xF - GET GUZZED 0N - Naslund x 19
    Leclerc x 8 - l-Gh0sT-12l

BraverLeWalter
    SauceTheBleach

Roster Strengths: If i’m going to be completely blunt with you, I don’t see a whole lot of roster strengths here. The closest thing I can see to a strength given the rest of the roster construction is the promising DPs that are filtered throughout the lineup. A lot of question marks here. The goalies could be a glimmer of hope here for the Bruins.

Roster Weaknesses: Top end defense and proven top end proven players in general are a major concern for Providence. Naslund is coming off of a pretty good season on a very strong Rockford team last season which is hopeful, however, the large majority of this roster is fairly unproven at the AHL level. It could be a VERY long season in Providence.

X-Factor: Draft Picks in general.
    Potential Breakout Player: BraverLeWalter

Best Contract: Xxarmyman94xx LW 500k
    Worst Contract: harvdiesel RD 6m
    Projected Div Finish: 8th

Springfield Thunderbirds +200 (2/1 Odds)
    GM: RiCo505
    AGM: Best in Ottawa
    PAGM: vBxnditt

Lines:
    Unreal Killer B - RiCo505 - Pearson x 70
    Best in Ottawa - Thesonkriptic

LazyKitten90760 - TopTittens - Delle IX
    ParkerMcLovin - vBxnditt

TAWTism - l Txrtle l - Delle IX
    Some Pylon - lTEEl

L Dryden l 29 l
    TealCypress3011

Roster Strengths: RiCo and Ottawa swap over to Springfield after a very successful last season in Providence. They bring back a lot of their core pieces including their line and Bxnditt and have added some nice depth in between that is mainly built off of chemistry. The biggest strength for this roster is overall chemistry, there’s A LOT of it. Judging off the past couple of seasons regardless if Thesonkriptic is a top pair guy or not the Clown line can pretty much be slotted in for around 20 wins.

Roster Weaknesses: Experience outside of the CHL level for the TopTittens line is possibly the most glaring weakness although it probably won't matter all too much given their magnitude of success in the CHL.

X-Factor: lTEEl
    If Tee translates well to defense this will be an overall very very deep team.
    Potential Breakout Player: LazyKitten90760

Best Contract: TAWTism LW 500k
    Worst Contract: Thesonkriptic RD 4.75m
    This may not really matter too much, there really weren’t many options given the low amount of players won in AHL bidding on this roster.

Projected Division Finish: 1st

Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins +1500 (15/1 Odds)
    GM: l Lappy l
    AGM: x Tremblay
    PAGM: ZUKROH

Lines:
    Daoustttt_12 - x Tremblay - M A R T Y x 90
    L Lappy l - XxHedman77xX

NotoriousNG3 - Boogie x6 - ZUKROH
    oOLIXx - l Doughty x l8l

Marche x 16 - Mugfxrd - xZlurpy-
    lKane l88l - NotMazzy

Floweri30i
    TomFerland69

Roster Strengths: WBS took full advantage of the very strong forward bidding pool. Their forward group is actually very strong from top to bottom. Boogie and Zukroh are both top line options in the AHL granted they are paid so as well.

Roster Weaknesses: Defense and goaltending. I’m not really sold on the backend of this team. Seems like there are quite a few decent puck movers scattered throughout but they really lack top pairing guys to help anchor the team. Goaltending as well makes me nervous for this squad as i’m just not seeing a guy that can really steal a game for you in WBS.

X-Factor: ZUKROH
    Coming off of pretty successful seasons in Florida, ZUKROH somehow fell through NHL bidding and landed in the AHL. He was paid pretty heavily, however if he’s a legit stud for this team it’s more than likely worth it.
    Potential Breakout Player: NotoriousNG3

Best Contract: M A R T Y x 90 RW 500k

Worst Contract: Boogie x6 C 5.5m
    Let Boogie go for less than 5-6m one time for his own sake.

Projected Division Finish: 6th

Thanks for reading!

- If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear the feedback.

- Please note this was completed pre week 1 so yes, some of the predictions etc have aged pretty poorly, also apologize if the formatting is off, this is my first media posting of this sort.

• Winner Winner x 19
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    No Streaming Account
  2. TITO JAKS0N

TITO JAKS0N BETTER CENTRE THAN YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE

Ratings:
    +283 / 48 / -68
    Springfield x factor is done after 1 week on the team. You still have time to edit the article and change the e factor lmao gogoogo

Let's go bridgeport!

Thicmeat out

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Guru x 26

Guru x 26 S46 Kelly Cup Champion

Discord:
    Guru x 26#3694
    Ratings:
    +255 / 9 / -18
    Great stuff!

Gurux26
  4. ProsvetovX50

ProsvetovX50 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    prosvetovx50#0
    Ratings:
    +43 / 3 / -6
    Thank you for the media its a great piece

No Streaming Account
  5. TheCoyDuck

TheCoyDuck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 11 / -16
    This media must have taken @Roubidoo a long time with how long it took him to sound out every word. Nice job bud.

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Roubidoo

Ratings:
    +360 / 17 / -41
    If i could've edited after week 1 that's definitely not the only thing that was wrong :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  7. Pooderz

Pooderz Musty Pooder

Discord:
    daddypooder#0
    Ratings:
    +1,165 / 10 / -45
    @Delle IX playing on two lines is exactly what we expected him to do. Rico actually got McDonald to allow him to play 6 games instead of the normal 3 because it wouldn't make a difference if I played or not. Too many errors here, I give this article a 3/45.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Roubidoo

Ratings:
    +360 / 17 / -41
    I put him twice because he's the only RW on Springfield with a win aside from Pearson

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Zdeno x 71

Zdeno x 71 Zdeno x 17

Discord:
    zdenox71#0
    Ratings:
    +53 / 17 / -57
    DAMN THATS TOUGH

No Streaming Account