Eastern Atlantic Division Projections

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by k-fed, Jun 3, 2020.

1. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    This is the Eastern Atlantic which has one clear favorite at the top and then the rest of the division will be competing to dethrone them Let’s get into it.

1. Providence Bruins – Out with the broom and in with the Broche. Who brings with him Skyre and returning manager Rico from last seasons Gulls team. This team had some work to do in bidding after acquiring 80-point scoring Wickxd Tuna and they delivered. Getting some gems are decent contracts. This season’s B’s will be competing for the President’s trophy.

· Best Contract – @Supple Fart (bidding 1M)

Okay, okay I know what you’re thinking. It’s moist… In his last three AHL seasons the guy has 223 points and 152 assists. Coupled in with a 50-point season in the N during s34 in which he was mostly on poor teams. Also, the fact of his potential management skills and his three-season deal. Yikes on the teams that missed out because of him being…well moist.

· Worst Contract – @Ammagitcha (bidding 3.5M)

Considering that the bruins got Moist on such a great price the contract here unfortunately does not pay its dividends. Gone are the 90-point days of old gen Martin. Two consecutive 36-point seasons in the N allowed Amma to fall into A bidding where he got an increase to 3.5. Comparing to the numbers above this is also a yikes.

2. Hershey Bears – out as management is Moist and taking over is Studz who has brought in a familiar linemate in Verathy. They will most definitely pick up where they left off in Utica from a playoff run that saw them fall short in the conference finals. Another team with majority of its forwards filled out they picked up Aarskog, Herndy and TMLP.

· Best Contract - @UNREAL KILLER B (resign 750k)

At the cost of TWO 2nd round picks the bears get a scoring LW to build the 2nd line around. Coming off an 18 win 87 point first season in the A the management duo in place will be sure to put B in a position to meet or exceed those numbers.

· Worst Contract - @C4NADA (bidding 4.5M)

https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums.../league&action=league&page=game&gameid=576819

3. Charlotte Checkers – another team out with the old and in with the new. First time AHL GM Val the Rat takes over with Chowder and returning contract in Backs. With some new faces and returning ones the Checkers should have a balanced attack and two decent lines and compete in the Atlantic. They will be one of the teams playing for the cup at the end of the season.

· Best Contract – @BreakIn3 2 1 (resign 750k)

Given how thin defense was in bidding resigning Break was a great move. Coming off 18 wins and 27 points is an excellent bargain at 750. Capable of being a top line defensemen break will pick up where he ended season 35. It’ll be telling to see how he does with out his partner in French moron.

· Worst Contract - @Lucic x 17 (bidding 5.75)

A disappointing 12-win season in his return to the AHL saw lucic get a 5.75 contract with the phantoms. Never really got into a groove while still posting 12 wins and 24 points. This season he finds himself on what should be a better squad but unfortunately still finding himself on the same contract.

4. Springfield Thunderbirds – After the CHL plan didn’t go so well last season Mr. Worldwide gets out of his contract with the Admirals and takes a free one. Bringing in br0midas from Colorado as the AGM. With tons of assets (took over PS before swap) he traded them for picks and other things to prepare for the draft and upcoming season.

· Best Contract - @xDemon12x (resign 1M)

Demon who was with Milwaukee most of last season before ending on Ontario must’ve left an impression with WW because he’s back. At 1M with a recent 60-point season and getting his longtime friend LTD at 1.25. This is 2/3 of a forward chemistry trio for fairly cheap.

· Worst Contract – @l Bossy l x 22 (bidding 5.25M)

Bossy makes his return to the A after spending the last 10 seasons in the NHL. After having 4 consecutive 40-point season he finds himself getting a hefty 5.25M price tag. He will surely be the top line in Springfield with his brother Cizikas also getting a hefty price tag. He will look to match his career best only season in A so long ago.

5. Bridgeport Sound Tigers – The tigers stumbled down the stretch last season. This season Vahey tries to right the ship by bringing in Manship as the AGM after leading the Wild to the playoffs. With returning faces in dauntless and Zach, Vahey’s top line was already in a good spot. Trading for Saiph to help round out the 2nd line on a decent price also limited the amount of bidding these tigers needed to do. The forwards, however, do look to be in need of an upgrade.

· Best Contract - @TKOxHelocentric (bidding 1.5M)

After some down seasons in the N recently, TKO another grizzly veteran finds himself in A bidding. However, he goes to the tigers for 1.5M which is a good price for an established N defenseman. This is a quality bargain based off the quality you’re getting.

· Worst Contract - @x FG17 (bidding 5.5M)

I must be missing something here. Last season on 2.5M contract he posted 7 wins and 43 points and got a 3M increase?

6. Lehigh Valley Phantoms – After a disappointing non-playoff season for sport and his ice hogs he jumps ship to take the phantoms at the last possible moment. With minimal pieces to work with and barely any assets he brings on MetalGhost0 as the free AGM which will give them a chemistry based 1st line off the bat. Defense looks to be a little suspect with the amount of money that was spent. They have 7.75 left over so look for them to upgrade soon.

· Best Contract - @NewMapleLeafs (bidding 1M)

NML had 145 points in his last two seasons on a 2.75M contract. He follows it up by going for 1M…Another head scratching moment on how we just let these guys have great seasons and go for less than they previously were.

· Worst Contract - @Adawa Cooks (bidding 1M)

I don’t know who you are, but with only CHL goaltending stats and having a terrible GT. You get the worst contract, congratulations.

7. Hartford Wolf Pack – The pack had a slow start to S35 and came on really strong when it was too late. With the teams in front of them I don’t see this season’s pack making a playoff push. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of Fire power on offense outside of Tryggered and Juul. Goaltending is a strength here and should keep them in a lot of games.

· Best Contract - @Strizzy x06 (bidding 500k)

Strizzy is a long-time vet of the league. Most recently making his mark in the C whether its due to not getting a chance or not wanting to play in the AHL. However, coming of 40 wins and 195 points in his last three seasons and most recently a 16-win 81-point campaign. If he can stay in the A given the right situation, he could make an impact somewhere.

· Worst Contract – @Need Rim (bidding 3.25M)

Not having played a full season since 27 Need rim or FTB Grizz also makes his return to the A. Going for 3.25 shows that bidding was scarce and long-time veterans and names were getting paid just for the name with no regard for recent statistics. (I am aware some guys play outside of LG and that may factor in, but I am not factoring it in here.)

8. Wilkes Barre – Scranton Penguins – fresh off a post season sweep in s35, Vatty & Beta dreams take over this season baby pens. This roster feels more like a “pin our hopes” on these guys having something left in the tank. It’ll be interesting to see what Vatty has up his sleeve as far as roster moves and trades. Also giving out 5 seasons to both goalies in total is a bit head scratching.

· Best Contract - @GRAZoMatic (1M)

Graz is one of those players that won’t be elite but also wont be terrible either. He’s always going to be right in the middle and give you consistent seasons despite the team and situations he’s in. On his lowest contract since his first season his contract seems to be the only thing going for him.

· Worst Contract - @Streetsmurf (bidding 6.5M)

After being won for 7.5M in last seasons bidding, traded twice, six removal warnings, five AHL warnings, three NHL warnings, waived twice, a ban and a partridge in a pear tree. We put 6.5M on him anyway. Good luck.

Thanks for reading,

Please remember before rating “GG” and “troll” or “dumb” that these are just opinionated sentences and are not meant to be offensive and or to make people butthurt. I will be doing the Eastern North later.

Salty

• Like Like x 28
    • Winner Winner x 7
    No Streaming Account
  2. l Herndy l

l Herndy l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 21 / -8
    Da Bears

No Streaming Account
  3. ChiSouthSiderr

ChiSouthSiderr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    chisouthsiderr#0
    Ratings:
    +881 / 224 / -237
    People are sleeping on Hartford, their d core is arguably the best in the division.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ChiSouthSiderr
  4. BADxLARRY

BADxLARRY Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BADxLARRY#1528
    Ratings:
    +52 / 3 / -2
    future phantom here

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Ammagitcha

Ammagitcha LW #93

Discord:
    Ammagitcha#5555
    Ratings:
    +355 / 10 / -41
    Good stuff. When you get designated to 3rd lines with mostly bad players on all bad teams, all while getting "top lined" every night, because everyone else is "busy" the nights we play good teams, your numbers tend to take a hit. That's my last 5 seasons. But no one ever sees that. Probably because I don't spend 24/7 in the chat box.:popcorn:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Guru x 26

Guru x 26 S46 Kelly Cup Champion

Discord:
    Guru x 26#3694
    Ratings:
    +255 / 9 / -18
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Gurux26
  7. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +455 / 2 / -17
    @Adawa Cooks for 1m was a good contract. MyWifeHatesChel is taking his talents to D. Goalies turning to Defense is totally the cool thing to do btw

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Downtown55

Downtown55 Leader of the Cone Army

Discord:
    Downtown55#7746
    Ratings:
    +473 / 50 / -47
    we are all dauntless

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    notdowntown55
  9. AdxwA

AdxwA Adawa Cooks

Ratings:
    +29 / 5 / -16
    They really do sleep on us eh? We get defense better than anyone after putting up with bad forms of it for so long... I guess I gotta deal with this while I put some stats up. Hope your season goes really well Twoco

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    AdawaCooks
  10. BigSaveNabokov

BigSaveNabokov Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344
    this lmao. very good point though

• Like Like x 1
    mattyhandz
  11. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    my bad, forgot I called him bad in my post

No Streaming Account
  12. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    This is mostly all my doing LOL

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  13. Waxibono

Waxibono Most Hated

Ratings:
    +603 / 56 / -64
    In a vaccum yes, it would be a shitty contract. But you are overlooking the one factor that brought it in. Smurf and I are buddies and have combined for 3 CHL and ESHL seasons. So this ends one of two ways, we establish ourselves as a good line and put up 18-20 wins... or we burn the whole thing down in 3 weeks he gets banned and I get waived.

High risk high reward, let's goo Baby Pens!

• Winner Winner x 2
    waxibono