Eastern Conf. Week 1 Analysis.

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Suck It D0nny, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Redmile89

Redmile89 Knock Knock

Discord:
    redmile89#0
    Ratings:
    +707 / 38 / -43
    First time doing this. I Love reading the write ups others do and thought I would start out with the eastern Conf. and go from there. Hope you guys enjoy, Cheers.

Also, a special thanks to @SweeT 9 LoU 84 for pointing me in the right direction with suggestions and such.

East Metropolitan Division

Washington Capitals: (7-2-0) GF:43 GA:30

Goaltending: @Zero Choice finishes this week with a 4-2-0 outing as @Detect Stealth goes perfect posting a 3-0-0 record. Zero had strong games against the Rangers and Penguins along with a series of one and two goal games throughout the week giving his team a chance to win every night. although Stealth went 3-0-0 he was not tested at all this week which still raises questions what this guy will bring as a backup.

Defense: Led by the man himself @Panadaleupagas the D core was iffy at times but got the job done at the end of the day. @shuhead is a solidified shut down guy and is still at times undervalued but none the less a good D man to have as he showed this week with a 3-0-0 outing. With the anticipated arrival of @Melroses Mullet still, this team will have one of the best D cores in the East if not the best on paper and will likely cut down on the mid to high scoring games. They did a great job showing that one goal games are not going to be a problem as the team strived through all of them .

Offense: This team is bursting with offensive talent and they did a damn good job of showing it this week. Shitting all over the Islanders which made an absolute mockery of that organization shows these guys do not let up. With the most goals for in the NHL this offensive group is firing on all cylinders. @PizzaSlayer x52 is looking like one of the best steals in bidding at this moment in time. Whether or not he was playing nubs or not, to put up 15 points you're certainly doing something right. These guys are not looking like a one line team but the real question is can they follow up with another strong week. The defense looked like they did a good job of getting involved as well which helped the cause.

WSH defense is good offensively, they are not very good defensively at all. All of their dman are known as good puck movers and creators. These guys don't look like they'll be fucking around this season and are looking to make some noise.

Pittsburgh Penguins: (6-2-1) GF:32 GA:23

Goaltending: With @Brett R taking the reins for six games this week he comes in at a 3-2-1 posting a 68.6 Save % with a GAA of 3.6. facing 70 shots this week Brett looked fairly shaky in some games but was able to power through a few rough patches and come out with 7 points for his team this week. @dityboycom did a terrific job filling in for two games going perfect with 2 shutouts and couldn't have played any better. Overall the boys got the job done but as I will reiterate Brett looked shaky at times but stats certainly don't tell the whole story.

Defense: @Deceasedgoblin played to his usual standards going perfect this week and really holding down the fort. @Boany as well locked it down this week and proved why him and Goblin should always be together but for depth purposes and avb my not always be the case. You certainly couldn't ask for a much better d pair when it comes to LGHL. @x Braydenn showed some flash and is known to be a very talented defensemen. This could be considered a mediocre week for him even though he did well. Watch for him to make even more of an impact next week as this guy knows what it takes to win having been on many successful teams. With their 3rd d pair going 1-1-1 I like where these guys are headed.

Offense: Regardless of what forward line is being thrown out, these guys are loaded to the nines with talent. They may not all stick out as the big flashy superstars but chemistry is hard to come by and is a lethal component to some of these lines. I've heard some throw some flack towards @bigleaguebala contract that was given, but this guy is great at stepping up to plate and providing defensive support when needed and will do it on a nightly bases. With @PureRippin and @PureFiishin leading the pack, this team looks like they are set and destined for a successful week 2.

PIT needs to clear cap to get dity or another G as Brett is struggling. As long as the goaltending can make that first save, everything else will fall into place as this team was assembled very nicely.

Carolina Hurricanes: (5-3-1) GF:34 GA:27

Goaltending: @lGarbsl had a terrific week and posted a 2-2-0 record with an 81Save% and a GAA of 2.40. @TEmery1 goes 3-1-1 and had three great games and two that well.. weren't exactly a goalies preferred kind of game to be a part of. I personally think these two goalies are actually a legitimate tandem based off week 1. Every goalie is prown to a poor game here and there and I thought these guys did a great job.

Defense: The defensive core on paper looked to be raising a lot of questions but with week 1 in the books they were able to pull out a successful one. I cannot comment on any individuals due to my lack of knowledge, but it does look like the Goalies were the ones who stepped up but as the old saying goes "you are only as good as the D in front you" these guys on the blue line were able to give their goalies enough support at the end of the day. I do however like what @PuckinNutz did this week but it would not be just to say he needs to play like this every week as that is a tall task at hand.

Offense: These boys absolutely pissed on Philly for a game this week pumping them 9-0. Although that is no Penguins or Caps roster in their respective division, they do have a few hidden gems in their line up. As Frank (@SethMfucknRollins) always seems to claim that @Lt Jim Dangle 9 plays with a case of AIDS and with his eyes shut, with a controller flipped upside down, the guy didn't do all that bad this week considering he played through all of that. There was no individual that stuck out from the pack as everyone collectively pulled their own weight. @Hine x 23 and @STLBleeker look like they can pose the most upside up front and will be relied upon on their respective lines to do so.

Biggest surprise of week 1 but this happens every single season with new teams who are deemed (shitty) before the season bc people thrown them their lesser lines.It's tough to say how these guys will do in Week 2, but these guys are off to a good start considering what all the critics had them going. Only time will tell if they can continue to grease their way to a playoff spot and maybe they can keep things rolling ta boot'.

New Jersey Devils: (5-4-0) GF:35 GA:30

Goaltending: @JDoolus and @SeaWatIDidThere were mediocre at best and really have to buckle down if this team wishes to bump up in the standings. Doolus had a good game against the Islanders but against a weaker team it's hard to tell what's in store for these guys. SeaWat. didn't really steal any games or even play up to a starters standards and needs to try and make a few more saves to allow these guys to play up to their potential. It is his first week in the NHL and there's always room for improvement as it may have been an adjustment period.

Defense: @ll Fizz ll was an absolute beast boasting a plus/minus of +7 while going 3-0-0. @Mav 6ix was right there behind him while doing so getting more offensively involved. @Pizzi looks like he is the go to man on the back end. These three played good this week and it looks like they'll need to continue to do so. Outside of the one individual on the back who's blind as a bat, the D isn't all that bad. Splitting these three up onto separate D pairings could be an option for depth purposes.

Offense: The usual suspects were out to play this week with the likes of @Chislett19, @TheGr8Haxby, and @TJHaly eLv. Haly is a terrific two way centre and it paid dividends as the duo of Haxby and Chislett did their thing. Buddy Sloberts and @T Hopz played very well too.

NJD Top 6 FWDs and Top 3 D will produce offensively. They need to back check better, they have very good chemistry on that team and will be a top team if they can work out the 3rd line.If anyone is to have a bigger turn around week in this division its these guys. If goaltending can be improved and the one cancer on the blue line is removed I think these guys could really spin this ship around. Respectable week but I think there's more in the tank.

Columbus Blue Jackets: (5-4-0) GF:27 GA:23

Goaltending: @Winston Payne gave his team a chance to win every game and that's all you and ask of your goalie. He had strong games against Philly and NYR. @MakeYourLuck had a great week going 3-1-0 with a Save% of 77 and a GAA of 2.20. These guys were decent enough and played big a few games.

Defense: Collectively this isn't that bad of a group of Dmen. @ICExCREAMxTRUCK has always been a decent guy to have on your team but just can't seem to land on a successful in recent seasons. With his third full year underway in the show I do believe this guy can be a leading catalyst on the back end. If @JEEEEEEBS can take his HUT team off his mind for more than 10 minutes he can be a decent guy as well and make more of an impact. Overall the D stepped it up at the ladder half of the week and I think this could lead to good things in Week 2.

Offense: When @DaKrAzYkId shows up to play the guy can do some damage and that he did along with @hatemakerr and @Bonez024. Hopefully hatemakerr can give them three games next week as that could really give the team that extra boost. Everyone played well and really picked it up at the end of the week. I believe @sbdr91 could put together a decent week ahead of him in Week 2 as he played well but just couldn't get rewarded.

CBJ has a good set of guys that will fight for a playoff spot. They have a number of guys who play together and some decent contracts. They played well the first week both their Gs are solid. These guys are the hottest team in the east right now and could really shock and awe next week if they keep things going how they ended. Once these guys find their consistency, come the end of the season these boys could be sniffing a playoff spot as time goes on.

New York Rangers: (3-5-1) GF:24 GA:27

Goaltending: @Zincyy was able to come out with two solid performances and did all that he could in the another's. This guy was a winner in the past two seasons and I know this guy would of been doing all that he could of in between the pipes. @Mike l81 would make a few saves that he had no business making in some games but had bad puck luck at times as well. I can't really pin any of the disappointment of Week 1 on these guys because they showed that they could play at times. Zinc doesn't really have to prove what he's capable of regardless because he's shown it all year even though it was Anaheim.

Defense: @JBT had himself a productive week regardless of the match ups he produced 5 out of 6 points. @Poooch is obviously their go to guy on the point along with @ol St Michael lo. I think these guys just had off weeks and who's to say they played that horrendous in the end? I can see some changes happening though as I'm sure there were higher expectations.

Offense: My boy @The Guy QC faired out ok along with @Coffey x9. The big guns up front @Havok l93l and @ Po1andsfinest had off weeks and they know that they are capable of better. I can't see these guys having another week like this for the remainder of the season. They didn't play terrible but for their standards then maybe. With a little more luck on these guys side, they'll start producing. The team itself may not be where it needs to be by the end of Week 2 but I'd predict these two to grab the offense by the nuts and start doing what they usually do, which is filling the net.

Disappointing week but they got some good lines thrown at them. Their defense needs some upgrading. I'm not sure what to make of this team as I know Po1and hates to lose and I can't see him settling for anything but success. Expect some changes to the roster.

New York Islanders: (3-6-0) GF: 16 GA:32

Goaltending: @adidaht88 gave the boys a chance to win when he was in the net and honestly he's not too shabby. He made some big saves and stole a game for the boys early in the week. For myself, having faced the most shots in the NHL for goalies, there were times where you could of had both goalies in net and it wouldn't have made a difference, none the less allowing 24 goals in 6 games is also un acceptable.

Defense: Collectively the boys had a few good games then there were a few games where everyone was out to lunch. @Motown showed flashes of excellence as well as @dcshoe. @HANDZAGOD was doing well to make it past the first period without leaving the party in full rage, but the guy could only do so much. All in all, Inconsistency was a huge role and when we didn't show up we got absolutely bent over, plowed, and left was gaped asses.

Offense: @DeLong x 22 is here to make a name for himself along with his boy @Ya Boy Yahtzee. Along with the 5.5 million dollar man, the guys held their own in every game which was relieving to see that we have hope. Rico, (@Tcx7) was thrown out to the wolves with no support what so ever up front, sorry bud.

This team doesn't have many big names and is strapped with the big 8M contract of Tcx. Big contracts are fine if you have good contracts from prior seasons but this team lost all of their players from the cup run as these guys took over. They need to upgrade their depth and their defense.Kirito usually builds playoff bound teams but unless changes are made, I can't see the isles turning this around. There were a few bright spots in our game but more needs to be done.

Philadelphia Flyers: (2-7-0) GF:17 GA:38

Goaltending: @Slippery In Net just downright had a god awful week. With a mixture of high scoring opportunities and maybe missing a few shots he should of had, this guy wants to forget about this week.

Defense: @dirtsaucesnipes was the only bright spot on the back with the only positive record (2-1-0) and a positive plus/minus. Clearly @Handz forgot to tell @xxenu to lay off the booze prior to game time. The guy loves playing blackout drunk and I have a hard time watching that man bang and crash into the boards while slurring out mumbles. For the rest I have a hard time comprehending what's going on back there and changes must be made to turn this thing around. A group of plastic bags with no handles blowing around in the wind could of competed for a spot the way this week went.

Offense: Maybe if @Remenato can sneak in net they could of a hope and prayer. All jokes a side, @Flow Sauce Chew and @o WjD O are the only guys who posed any sort of a threat. @All in the Hip provided some decent support up front but these three can only do so much.

PHI should be doing better. Their goaltending was terrible but from what I saw it was the team defense that sucked. Moves need to be made for any progress to be made and alcohol on hand for only post game meals.

East Atlantic Division

Florida Panthers: (7-2-0) GF:33 GA:20

Goaltending: @MNWebby played sensational this week posting two shutouts and a Save % of 81.3 with a GAA of 2.00. Being arguably the hottest goalie in the league right now this guys making saves and it's pretty hard to win if you can't put the puck in the net.

Defense: led by @Dumba x 55 the boys are shutting it down in the Sunshine state for the most part. His D partner, @T Jenx was equally as good going 3-0-0 as well posting a plus/minus of +8. @ThatZachGuy has the potential to step it up and bring more to the table for week 2. If he can do that and the Webby keeps doing his thing, these boys are in for a serious run.

Offense: We all knew offense wasn't going to be a problem and the French connection didn't disappoint. @Stifmeister x 7 had a phenomenal week putting up 11 pts and plus/minus of +8. @OnDaFly91 and @Jer Dubz played terrific as well and the list goes on. It hard to write these guys off as they are looking like a potential beast in the east.

There's not much to be toyed with here. We will look to see what the boys are made of in the upcoming week to see if they are legitimate contenders or if this was a onetime thing. I say they follow up with another solid week.

Buffalo Sabres: (5-4-0) GF: 24 GA:22

Goaltending: @Ledhed18 had a couple one goal games losses and had a good showing against the leafs. With a 3-3-0 record and a Save% of 73.0 with a GAA of 2.50, this man certainly didn't cost the boys any games. @Sparkplug87 went 2-1-0 and did what he had to do as a backup.

Defense: The guys had a few tough games and @Suter x 20 as expected was given the task to try and contain these top lines. A man of his caliber who knows nothing but winning had a so so week for someone so talented. Al though a 1-2-0 record with negative plus/minus may look bad it doesn't always tell the story.. Look for a bounce back week from him. As for the rest of the crop, they did a good job of minimizing shots and taking lanes away. Another player flying under the radar is @Steiny. He had a good week and he/s looking to build off that momentum.

Offense: @Rehanek concluded the week perfect alongside @QC Gargs. This team does have great offensive talent and it's just a matter of time before everything starts clicking. I wouldn't be shocked to see the boys in Buffalo breakout in week 2 as you have the likes of @DDW4 and @lL lE lF lT lY to name a few.

This team is going to be extremely competitive and 5-4-0 is still a respectable record. Expect them to turn it up a few notches.

Boston Bruins: (5-4-0) GF:25 GA:28

Goaltending: @Viktomize was absolutely stellar aside from one game against the Panthers. Facing 80 shots he comes in with a GAA of 2.80 and a Save% of 78.8, which in my books.. you can't ask for much more than that. Going 2-3-0 doesn't reflect of how great his efforts were in net. @Notorious lll pulled his own weight as well coming in at 3-1-0 with similar stats. Goal tending was strong for the bruins this week.

Defense: The defense looks like they had their ups and downs. They were back to help out and assist the goaltending at times and then there were times where it was relied upon for the goalies to come up with a few big ones. @BacKLuND x 22 is there go to guy and will look to improve in week 2 as he is leading catalyst and foundation of this D core.

Offense: @Auto Jets had a good week treating himself to a few points along the way. @Sejje, @Phillyboy899, and a fellow Maritimer in @QuietFawn229890 had decent weeks as well. I do believe there is more then what was shown offensively this week from the guys. @Jemima will want to have a better week 2 as he is known for his winning ways. As for Lebel x 71, he just wants to put week 1 behind him.

I think these guys will be a middle of the pack team and all in all, I think these guys can do a little bit more damage once things start coming together.

Toronto Maple Leafs: (5-4-0) GF:22 GA:25

Goaltending: @drally20 went 3-2-0 in his debut in the big leagues. Played well against the Red Wings in a losing effort but managed to put up a Save% of 75.6 with a GAA of 2.20.

Defense: The leafs have an ok core of defense. Overall they had a few higher scoring games but that's what happens when you have guys who like to try and hop up and get offensively involved. Not a bad thing as they only allowed 25 goals but it could be lower. @luffyQc seems to well no matter what position he's in and will look to improve in week 2.

Offense: They have great talent up front with Jay and the boys up there. There first line won two and came up short against the Panthers first line. This line will be solid all season. For the other two lines, @St Jean x91 and @sobo18 did good stepping up and putting points up while wining a few.

TOR offense will hopefully start producing a little more but overall there aren't any major holes in the line up and seems to be well rounded for each position. Improvements could obv be made but as time goes on management will do what they feel is right.

Tampa Bay Lightning: (4-3-2) GF:22 GA:16

Goaltending: @King Natzu was very good even though finishing 2-3-1. These goalies have great D to surround them and if they can continue to make those saves this team will be phenomenal.

Defense: what else can they do? they only allowed 16 goals and one of the fewest shots against totals in the east. @Yung Jaq and @Lamont Dickens are beasts and the overall depth on the blue line is doing wonders.

Offense: The 1st line was been dominant as always led by @l 17 l. The 2nd line is a shut down defensive line but had trouble scoring and ended up going 1-1-1 on the week and if I were taking any cracks for future candidates for a selke I'd take a gander at @ Sweet 9 Lou 4. The 3rd line absolutely dominated time on attack averaging more than 10 mins TOA every game but also went 1-1-1 off some bad bounces and failing to convert on a lot of their chances but they looked very good all week

TB - team D is awesome 1st in the east in goals allowed but struggled to score. Got some good lines this week and were in every game and out played almost every team but didn't come out on top in those games like top teams do. 2nd and 3rd line chemistry needs to develop and finish, the chances were there TOA was great, shots differential. Goalies were good this week but team needs to pick up the scoring.

Ottawa Senators: (4-4-1) GF:36 GA:29

Goaltending: With a Save% of 73.9 and a GAA of 3.40 @Neat went 1-3-1 this week and will look to improve upon that in week 2. Not a horrible week but would like to string a few more wins together.

Defense: The team defense was average and could definitely use some adjustments but were there at times to help out on the offense and aiding the goalies. I don't see any big names on the back end but they seem to have enough depth to at least shoot for 500 record and try and shock some teams but this team won't be winning games by shutting down their opponents.

Offense: This seems to be the teams bread and butter so far. There bigger names need to be better and if that happens this team could suddenly become very dangerous. @AViss93 and @Ravaqz treated themselves this week to a few points while putting up W's for the Sens in process. I'm not sure how long that kind of production will last but the Sens will take it.

Detroit Red Wings: (3-5-1) GF:20 GA:28

Goaltending: @l Crosscheck l was the wings best player this week and played lights out giving them a chance to win each and every game. Posting a Save % of 79.7 and a GAA of 2.20 this guy means business.

Defense: Looks like some of the more talented D may have been trying to get more offensively involved which in particular can happen with @KaBoBo. Hes great at the sticks but can become caught trying to do to much at once. Him and @bcbud24 will have to try and some how step up their games to try and make up for some porous defensive depth.

Offense: This is where this team is struggling the most. They cant seem to put the pucks in the net and are in a very highly touted offensively stacked division for the most part. Management are going to have to make some moves to accommodate crosscheck some more support in front of him. @a1xFREAKx13 is one guy that is beast and loves to lay the fawkin body. He could step up big in week 2 but one can only do so much.

Montreal Canadiens: (3-5-1) GF:23 GA:35

Goaltending: @Cimino x 44 struggled mightily in his first week in the show while Zeno did all that he could to try and weather the storm.

Defense: @XxRitchie9xX is the only some what positive thing going on the back end. Everything else looks to be a mess and moves need to be made

Offense: They were able to get five against Detroit but there needs to be more added upfront as well. @Four Inch Bully is looking like a good pick up so far in bidding.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    • Like x 40
    • Winner x 14
    • Dislike x 1
    • Troll x 1
    • Informative x 1
    Redmile89
  2. BWZinc

BWZinc Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Zinc#5455
    Ratings:
    +653 / 81 / -59
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Ay Dindu Nuffin

Ay Dindu Nuffin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,630 / 55 / -82
    Give Washington 1st lines, got it.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Zero Choice

Zero Choice Old washed up goalie

Discord:
    zerochoice#0
    Ratings:
    +383 / 31 / -23
    #scrub hunter

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Zero_Choice
  5. The Gr8 Haxby

The Gr8 Haxby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +380 / 9 / -18
    Good read.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. Hey GBYD

Hey GBYD Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -1
    Donnnnn get on let's roll some enforcers soon bud

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. NicoH58

NicoH58 NicoH58

Ratings:
    +1,249 / 38 / -43
    All I read in the islanders paragraph was we suck ass. I need to try to bump the level up to Get Good at least.

Also it's definitely fucking @Ehlers x 27 fault again.

• Like Like x 3
    Luna0995
  8. Rehanek

Rehanek EASHL Historian

Ratings:
    +1,705 / 229 / -262
    great write up man!

its defiantly fun doing these let me know if need help.

• Like Like x 2
    RehanekYT
  9. Santini x 7

Santini x 7 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    stifmeisterx7#0
    Ratings:
    +303 / 25 / -48
    good read body !!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    stifmeister7
  10. a1xFREAKx13

a1xFREAKx13 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    a1xFREAKx13#5407
    Ratings:
    +1,168 / 18 / -72
    thanks for taking the time it was definately well thought out...

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  11. Merle

Merle Your favourite player's favourite player Platinum

Discord:
    Gibby#7847
    Ratings:
    +2,554 / 38 / -91
    Gargs here, the faithfuls fuckin saviour. I'm the childish gambino of LG. Whatever that means..... Think about it.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  12. Cross_X_Check

Cross_X_Check Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    Great write up.

• Like Like x 1
    cross_x_check
  13. Its a Full Send

Its a Full Send Warning Group

Ratings:
    +142 / 7 / -9
    Did you see our games ? I couldn't play my offensive game due to my last two games penalties being Detroit: 26 PIM Opponent: 4. Not much anyone can do Donald. Also, ECUs killed us since we used them every single game. But good write up. I enjoyed it

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Its a Full Send

Its a Full Send Warning Group

Ratings:
    +142 / 7 / -9
    And I miss you, hit me up soon ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Detect Stealth

Detect Stealth Stealthy

Discord:
    Stealthy#9238
    Ratings:
    +381 / 35 / -25
    Great write up, thanks for the mention :)

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    DetectStealth
  16. IGarbsI

IGarbsI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +173 / 11 / -6
    Solid read. Good write-up dude!

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    IGarbsI
  17. Viktomize

Viktomize Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Viktomize#5842
    Ratings:
    +792 / 9 / -31
    My save percentage was actually a spectacular 82 percent. Imagine if I didn't get pounded for the touchdown and 2 point conversion the first game of the season against the Panthers lol. Great write up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    Viktomize94
  18. Tayyyzzzz

Tayyyzzzz @TayyyzzzzNHL

Discord:
    tayyyzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +1,129 / 117 / -116
    At least you didn't get pounded for 2 touchdowns with a missed extra point.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. JASON0914

JASON0914 hey bud

Discord:
    jason0914#0
    Ratings:
    +137 / 4 / -8
    Go wings

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. FRANK LD 69