Eastern Conference Breakdown

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Space Jam XVII, Jan 13, 2014.

1. NeNe

NeNe NeNe Speaks Truth

Ratings:
    +1,247 / 0 / -7
    Eastern Conference

:hbos: Boston Bruins :hbos:

Lets get this out of the way. JFonz picked up 3 huge contracts that completely handicapped the rest of his team. At the same time though, he had the balls to go out and get 2 big name players in CJ and Briere. What about Nemzer you ask? He obviously isn't even close to being worth that much, but put him on a second line and it won't be the worst thing ever. Besides those 3 on forward they really don't have anything. They have Belanger, who I think was on Washington back in VHL, and they have the hack of an FSU (get better at the buttons and don't shame the name). Maybe the other guys have chemistry? I don't know, but who ever has chemistry with BronxBomber I'd like to shake their hand because he is not NHL level in my opinion. On defense, Jfonz reunites himself with puest and this is where JFonz may wish he didn't have a GM who does not know the buttons. They have True Complexity who I believe has NHL experience in the past. Then there is a NMAN and THE DARG, someone help me out with what those two are. Maybe they have chemistry and JFonz was able to get them for a solid price. It wouldn't be a huge surprise to me because he was able to bring Colorado back from the TNOOSE days, which seemed damn near impossible. Then in net they have Kitty and Henrik. Henrik has a small games gamer tag so I'll assume he plays those and Kitty isn't the good Kitty. Death, now turned Kitty, was nothing worth noting in past games but this is a new year and a new chance for him to improve.

X-factor: Depth needs to step up

:hbuf: Buffalo Sabres :hbuf:

Tanaka comes in with another team that is expected to make the playoffs and who knows after that. Unlike some other owners, Tanaka knows his role as a third liner and builds his team accordingly. He and Hones have been doing a good job at that in the past. Now that it is noted that they have depth, looking on up they have both chemistry and talent. Having Sooksta with Bull and TKO with Jamie (I'm assuming), they have put themselves in a good spot. I'm going to throw in here that I was actually in a party with Sook, and a tear came down and hit his mic when he started to talk about his appreciation of having Bull in his life. Bull also sends me music messages which I can always appreciate. I can't put my finger on where I've seen Hayes before, but looking at his past LG stats I don't think he is bad. The top 3 defensemen Buffalo has includes: Hubert, Fball, and Gary. Gary has a lot of Garoooopies, and Fball has chemistry with with TKO/Jamie. Hubert is a first line defenseman in my opinion and he will go well with which ever forward line he plays with. In net they have Lucic (another small games gamertag in net) and Markov. I recall Lucic being on Tanaka's team in the past and I've heard good things about Markov.

X-factor: 3rd line

:hcar: Carolina Hurricanes :hcar:

Forwards and forward depth is what I see looking at the roster that Gogel and Lake have put together. 8 forwards that can all win games and then wolfpack (there is a salary cap). Right wing is solid top to bottom. The only question with them is will Knightz show up? Hopefully he does because this team has a lot of hope up top. At center, I don't see a top center but I think all 3 are solid second liners which is really good to have. On left wing you will see both Lake and Hellcatx and when either one is on they could be deadly. I have no idea what the line combinations will be for this team and I don't see an overwhelming amount of chemistry. Chemistry can easily be solved by just winning games. Since they spent so much on forward they didn't get to spend as much on defense. I don't see a top line LD and Kory is a LW at heart. (He went on a 17 game heater on LW) I would go with Kory and Gogel on one defensive pair (in the playoffs at least), and then the rest I have no idea. Teach I think at least use to be good at the game but I'm not so sure anymore. Kabobo has a fun gamer tag to say and King Karlsson isn't actually a king. In net I see a Tickle who was with Swagger in the past and is a solid goalie. I don't know who NYR is so maybe he will surprise people.

X-factor: KoKo

:hcbj: Columbus Blue Jackets :hcbj:

Fun fact: Moe Wilson and I have the same birthday. When I was talking to Moe recently he was excited because he said he got everything he wanted. Who the fuck wants Mark? Looking at the forwards there is Moe and his boy Gretzky. Then there is Anderson who I think shouldn't play with Moe to help with depth. Mcnasty has some button skill and Roberts isn't the worst. Not too much to get excited about on forward from the faint eye. I have no idea if the others they have are good and have chemistry. If they do, good find Moe. On defense there is The Jerz and Mark who will probably be separated at first to help with depth. Blade and Rabid are solid and the other 2 I'm not sure. I played Bluenose once and he tried to hit everything and failed more than half of the time. In net they have Kiprusoff who is solid but may have bad availability because of his time zone. Then there is Loltastic who has NHL VHL experience in the past.

X-factor: Forward depth

:hdet: Detroit Red Wings :hdet:

This isn't JDupuis first rodeo as an owner but he still has his doubters. He hasn't built a bad team at all but I think the 3rd line will be the end of this team. Potential 3rd line: Darth - worm - McClain. (McClain may also be the guy that use to be on the Devils AHL team, I may be confusing him with some Maxwell guy) I just drooled all over the place. If this does end up being a line I think it would struggle to win 25% of its games. They can build a solid first line if they want but I would spread the talent. Their top forwards in my opinion are Haxby, pwn, and Adam. Luckily for this team, AdamStager had a streak of always making the playoffs in VHL - will that carry over? Tough task. On defense they have a decent group. No first liners but players with experience. The top 3 to me are Fifty, Native, and Handz. They have one of the steals in bidding but not for his on ice presence. Josh, aka JHeismanziel, will let his presence be seen once every few weeks as he likes to post very colorful threads. Not sure if any of the defensemen have a whole lot of chemistry, but I could be wrong. In net they have Baghdadii and Chariot. Baghdadii answers a lot of questions about his religion, and Chariot can be a solid goalie. A nice 1/2 tandem.

X-factor: 3rd line

:hflp: Florida Panthers :hflp:

Yargage has got his boys ready for another season. The thing with Yargage's teams is that he doesn't get big names but all the lines have solid chemistry and it works for him. He also gets a shit load of Frenchies. Yargage will have a line of himself along with Roofdaddy and Bigleaguebala. This is something that has worked in the past for them and I think Bala is really undervalued. They may then have a line of defensemen turned forwards with Hip and James. Bench Position talks a big game apparently thought he would go for a lot if he didn't change his tag. Trust me Bench guy, it wouldn't have mattered. On defense there isn't really any stand outs to me but Goblin is solid and Neomop has his own catch phrase. Overheating is French and Flash held his own last season on the Kings. In net is Goldbud and Kop11tar. Goldbud has been consistent since his Vezina days and I hear Kop11tar is a goalie on the rise. I've only heard Goldbud ever say two words in English and that is "I lag" so hopefully Goldbud doesn't lag.

X-factor: Top line come playoffs

:hmon: Montreal Canadiens :hmon:

I like what Girgs did here, except for getting Habsguy. He has put together good chemistry up and down the lineup but then got went and got Habsguy. Enough of Habs(overpaid)guy, Montreal can put Feed Me More with Schnarzy, and Scawt with Sphinx. The Magik guy on forward is apparently a top small games guy so it will be interesting to see if his game translates. I'm a really big fan of Dats x at center, and I think he will do really well. The defense is lead by Girgs who is more than capable of chipping in on offense. But he really needs to stop using Kory's word "No.", although that can be easily fixed. Wub twice is solid and a second line kind of guy and Backlund has chemistry with forwards. Cookie M and Lynx are the goalies. I haven't seen Cookie play in awhile but I was really impressed with him. Lynx is a teammate of Magik I'm going to assume and according to Girgs is just as good if not better than Cookie. I'll believe it when I see it.

X-factor: Top Line

:hnj: New Jersey Devils :hnj:

Nuge has been an owner for some time now and it seems he has taken a bit of a different strategy this time. In the past, Nuge has had a lot of better known top players. Hopefully a new approach pays off for him. The notable forwards to me are Ovenmitts, SMP, and Greece. All 3 are centers giving this team great depth at the position. Frisky would love to play with the Swag champ again so Nuge make it happen. Other than that AJ was solid on Washington a few season back in VHL and I liked playing with JmCee before. The defense is lead by kopitar, Nuge, and Primetimme. Kopitar was playing really well last season of VHL but I think he was playing forward. Nuge isn't as good as he thinks but isn't bad by any means. Then Primetimme is a forward but is good at the buttons so I expect this to not be a hard transition. I'm not sure on this one but I think recognize Make Your Luck from FIFA and if that is him he may turn out to be really good if his game translates. On to the goalies where Nuge has JFLuyken who I have never seen play and then there is SD tha mentor who never really had good stats in VHL. Then again, he was on bad teams.

X-factor: Scoring

:hnyi: New York Islanders :hnyi:

This is Cakes first time as owner and he didn't build a power house but it also isn't bad. He has the Jewell and Kariya brothers together and Kingbrad wants you to follow him on twitter. Dutch master is solid and so is Smorty. Nothing that jumps off the page but it is balanced. In its own way at least. Their top defensemen are active and Global in my opinion and in order to help the depth at defense I wouldn't play them together. Other than those 2 I haven't heard of any of the other defensemen. Teneur may have been on Winnipeg in the past but I'm not too sure. The other 3 are completely unknown to me and unless they scouted these guys out, I'd cross my fingers that they don't blow. In net there is Brownfairy and C you Be oh. I do not know the second guy but Brownfairy had a gamertag that I can't type out and he had solid seasons on New Jersey in VHL.

X-factor: depth

:hnyr: New York Rangers :hnyr:

Now the last of the "New" teams has Doolus and Dork together. What a couple! Will we see the return of Murph? If so, I want in this time. The top forwards on this team are Fricha, Dork, and Bobby. Jake is a steal at 500k, as his moves can turn any straight man gay (Editor's note: I can certainly confirm this. - Kory). I expect to see Dork with Bonez and maybe Bobby? Then have Fricha with Jake or something along those lines. These lines may not look overwhelming, but thankfully they have solid defense. Their top 4 defensemen are Batten, Shutdown, Sleazy, and Murr. Murr and Sleazy have bad habits of being slow with the puck, so I'd suggest they pass to their first option. Slam used to be a good defensive forward so the transition to defense shouldn't be too hard on him. In net there is Doolus and Crawfish. If Crawfish used to have a different tag this is a really good pickup. As for Doolus, he was once a top goalie in my opinion but now he doesn't play as much (mostly because of the Owens bros). Since he doesn't play as much I don't know if he still is what he once was. He went to the Krunkey school of goalie way back when, so just put a muzzle on him and I'm sure he will back to being good in no time.

X-factor: scoring

:hott: Ottawa Senators :hott:

DJ syn and Hopkins have put together an interesting team in Ottawa. Hopkins did his part in putting together a 9th wonder line that can beat anyone when they show up. Then the rest is a big question mark to me. They must have done their scouting or something, because I don't really know any other names on forward. It may be a club team or it may just be names thrown together. I have no idea. I recognize Zombie from Nashville teams way back when but I don't know what position he played before. On defense there is Nooter, Ritchie, and Viper. Viper: HEEEATTTTERSS. Nooter will be with the 9th line and I'd expect Ritchie to be with DJ syn. Besides the 3 defensemen I named it is the same situation as the final forwards, I just don't know who they are. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, because I don't know all of the talent, but it would be nice to have at least seen their names before. In net there is Nodnarb and Hearley. I don't know how Nodnarb has transitioned to this game but if he is as good as he was last year, that will help this team a lot. Hearley has been around for a while now but hasn't been as good as he once was.

X-factor: 2nd and 3rd line

:hphi: Philadelphia Flyers :hphi:

Puzzle is back as an owner in Internet hockey. He has put together a very solid team throughout, but I question the first line talent. If they can get good line match ups and beat the teams they should beat, I can still see it working out. The top forwards in my opinion are Puzzle, Cheetah, and Black. Although this team may lack top end talent, it has chemistry. A lot of faces that are familiar with each other which will be good for them in the early goings. Danny and Drew are two other pickups I like, and Scheckel whined about going for 1.75, what else is new? On defense there is Harry and Armorcor. Aside from those two there isn't much else. Plymmy sucks at Photoshop and maybe his "girlfriend" will make more appearances on the site. It was truly a smart idea for Puzzle to get Plymmy because he will just remove everyone from the site if he loses in the playoffs. The goalies are Dali and PHJ which will be a cornerstone for this team (as well as their centers). Not sure which one will be the starter come opening day, but both will play well when they get the chance.

X-factor: 1st line

:hpitt: Pittsburgh Penguins :hpitt:

Lights and Tino have gone out to get something a lot of other people went for: chemistry. They have Stew who put up great numbers last season of LG with Havok. They have Tino with Eddie and Tackticzz. Following that, there is Jim to close out a very solid center group. I think the chemistry at forward will be this teams strong spot. On defense, shuhead and Ricky are their best two. This is closely followed by Lightz, czop, and Griffiths. This team is well balanced at forward and defense so what did they do in net? They went out and picked up Josh who is a great signing and I'm seeing big numbers out of him. I remember Chosen always being in the AHL and it looks like this is his shot to stay in the NHL.

X-factor: beating top lines

:htb: Tampa Bay Lightning :htb:

Mr. "I don't have time" seems to have found the time as he is owner once again. With RJ and Habs in management, the team already starts in the right place. With Brampton, they have the first line to win playoff games. The rest of their forwards I like too, except that I don't know tnvk. Murkules, Keeaps, Saddle, Krazykid, and dayman are all solid and can win games. As well as Tampa did on forward, I think they messed up on defense. They have a fellow Brampton guy in Wreckineyze, and then brando and t jenz are their other decent defensemen. Stelene use to own or be in management of a really bad NHL team which doesn't speak for his skill but it also doesn't help it. Finally in net they have Cujo and Yousee. Cujo has played well for a few years now where he can have his off and on games like any other goalie. Yousee is a wild card though. He is amazing at forward and a great defenseman. With his QC blood will his game translate to goalie? I guess worst case scenario, he and Wall can change tags.

X-factor: Defense

:hwas: Washington Capitals :hwas:

This team Pooch built is interesting to me. He has a lot of returning pieces from his past ownership and he has guys that can match up well against first lines. If everyone shows up on this team it can be a real wildcard. They have Gremz and Fostxr that could make for a very good top line. Then they have druk1d, Boss, Pizza, and Duchene who have been on the same team for a few seasons now. On defense, I think this team is better at LD with Mafia, Jewbakka, and Snipefest. There isn't really a stand out defenseman, but I'm pretty sure some of them have chemistry. Then in net there is BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFF and Morrel. BEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFF wants 6 games a week and Morrel can more than hold his own. This is a really nice goalie partnership as long as they work out the games played situation.

X-factor: Showing up

Rankings:

1. :htb: Tampa Bay

2. :hmon: Canadiens

3. :hbuf: Sabres

4. :hnj: Devils

5. :hflp: Panthers

6. :hpitt: Penguins

7. :hnyr: Rangers

8. :hcbj: Blue Jackets

9. :hcar: Hurricanes

10. :hphi: Flyers

11.:hott: Ottawa

12.:hwas: Capitals

13.:hdet: Red Wings

14. :hnyi: Islanders

15.:hbos: Bruins

Even though I think the West has more top talent than the East, the East is still very tough. There are a lot of good/average teams and just about all of them have a fair shot at the playoffs. All of the teams have talent, some just have more than others in my eyes. These rankings take into account me thinking certain people may not show u​p. I decided not to rank my team because I just didn't feel like doing it. Best of luck to all the teams. This is really the best season on paper, now it's just time to play. Also, if you don't like your ranking or anything I said please please please bitch in the thread about it. I would love to read it.

Editor: Kory

Space_Jam_XVII
  2. Raynor

Raynor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,492 / 10 / -12
    Word on the street is knightz isn't going to play.
    Also LOL @ NJ ranked 4th.

No Streaming Account
  3. x n0x x

x n0x x Sens Army!

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Good and accurate write up.

No Streaming Account
  4. NicoH58

NicoH58 NicoH58

Ratings:
    +1,249 / 38 / -43
    Getting no mention is better than being called bad. Good read.

Luna0995
  5. SnazzyBarbecue

SnazzyBarbecue The Bunny > Your face

Ratings:
    +733 / 0 / -1
    Waiting to read the Toronto write up.

No Streaming Account
  6. HANDZAGOD

HANDZAGOD Cpt. Gap-A-Hoe

Sixburgh AKA The New GOTHAM city ,Pistolvania
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    no first liner d on det, lol ok

No Streaming Account
  7. Morrel x 4

Morrel x 4 Luke Ryan

Ratings:
    +164 / 0 / -0
    I want 9 games a fucking week!!! Having said that, I think both Beef and I are NHL caliber starters and it'll be interesting to see how we get used in tandem, but I think I deserve more than 3...we will see. Anyway, great write up NeNe!

No Streaming Account
  8. HANDZAGOD

HANDZAGOD Cpt. Gap-A-Hoe

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    then you say you think none have chemistry together. me and fifty just made it to lg finals as line mates. you remember the team you quit on. lol good read GL this season

No Streaming Account
  9. AZDvo

AZDvo Rocket Winner and #1 Ranked Player in Arizona.

Ratings:
    +1,666 / 27 / -48
    10 different write ups and not a single one mentions Toronto :(

No Streaming Account
  10. Morrel x 4

Morrel x 4 Luke Ryan

Ratings:
    +164 / 0 / -0
    "I decided not to rank my team because I just didn't feel like doing it."

No Streaming Account
  11. PvtKillaa

PvtKillaa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504 / 0 / -1
    Great write up.

PvtKillaa91
  12. SnazzyBarbecue

SnazzyBarbecue The Bunny > Your face

Ratings:
    +733 / 0 / -1
    Doesnt mean I cant ask for it fruit

No Streaming Account
  13. Baghdelii

Baghdelii Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Baghdelii#5074
    Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -2
    It's just an opinion, please don't get butthurt. A lot of time gets put into this. It gives you an insight into the perceptions people have of each team prior to the start of the season.

Nothing more, nothing less. If you don't agree with it, prove why you should be ranked higher on the ice; not on LG with your keyboard.

No Streaming Account
  14. Morrel x 4

Morrel x 4 Luke Ryan

Ratings:
    +164 / 0 / -0
    Ehhhhhh, seemed more like you overlooked what he wrote there at the end. Don't forget you are drunk.

No Streaming Account
  15. GolSki6027

GolSki6027 Nujabes

Ratings:
    +874 / 5 / -25
    I'm pretty rattled we're 9th. God damn it g0gel bringing us that far down!

GolSkiii
  16. Crabby Crawfish

Crabby Crawfish Spread the Crabs

Discord:
    creb12#0
    Ratings:
    +133 / 1 / -2
    I did have another tag ;)

CrabbyCrawfish
  17. BLicK12

BLicK12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    You might better know him as Lobby Lobster.

Both a crustacean and a bottom feeder in all of Frank's big lobbies.

BLicK1252
  18. HANDZAGOD

HANDZAGOD Cpt. Gap-A-Hoe

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I didn't know there was 30 LD in this league better than me. good to know

No Streaming Account
  19. officialmark07

officialmark07 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,854 / 33 / -93
    No harm done, at least now we know for next time.

No Streaming Account
  20. o KniGhtZ o

o KniGhtZ o Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +320 / 0 / -1
    I show up when it matters, I didn't need to show up on Chicago because we were the best and were going to win the cups with ease, for Washington I had to play on Murph half of the time so you can add those to my games, now I'm on a good team but like every team in this league is not dominant, except for Nugersy (how you don't have the horsefucker himself as THE X-Factor is crazy) so now that I have to show up I will. Also Columbus better watch out for that Marcus character, the DAD had to will him to show up every single game, he always wanted to go out and party and shit and would never want to show so Moe watch out for that, kid is a loose cannon.

No Streaming Account