Eastern Conference Playoffs Predictions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Jer Dubz, Apr 19, 2018.

1. JerDubzz

JerDubzz Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jerdubzz#0
    Ratings:
    +355 / 41 / -44
    After an unexpected and stressful last night for some teams, here are my predictions for the series in the East !

:team20: Ottawa Senators vs :team1:am34 Toronto Maple Leafs

:team20:After dominating the East from Day 1, the Senators enter these playoffs pretty confident. Their offense and defense have been destructive for the whole season, they have top players on two lines. Leading by @ScaryJoeyy, one of the best centers in the league, if not the best. They are the favorite to get to the Cup in the East.

:team1:The Leafs story is a bit different. they struggled to clinch for the playoffs, they lost to teams they weren't allowed to lose and they got lucky on the last game of the season by getting one point in ot against the Florida Panthers. Toronto offense is pretty weak if you compare with other playoff teams. Their best forward statiscally speaking is @Double_brah with 50 points. They have a decent defense with @l FreeStyle 7 l and @Really Good Dad leading the defensive squad. But their best asset in this serie will be @MNWebby . He will need to have his best games of his career if the Leafs want to have a chance at winning games.

Offense
    :team20:>:team1:
    Defense
    :team20:>:team1:
    Goalie
    :team1:>:team20:

Conclusion : The :team20:Sens are way too strong for the Leafs, it will be a total blowout in my opinion. I think the Leafs can manage to get a win if they can put a good line against Ottawa 3rd line.

Ottawa Senators :team20: in 5

:team12: New York Rangers vs :team10: Detroit Red Wings
    This serie is the perfect example that the playoffs format have some problems. The Rangers finished first in a weak division with 100 points while the Red Wings who were in a strong division finished 1st in the Wildcard with 105 points which means the team with less points gets the home advantage.

:team12:The Rangers build a pretty solid offense but it looks like they forgot to put some money into their defense. The offense will be on point for the Rangers but I think their lack of top defensive players will haunt them. The goalies for the Rangers could be the turning point in this serie. They have 2 really good goalies and if they can come to be in form in the right moments, the Rangers could get far this postseason.

:team10: The Wings are pretty much the concept team if you're looking to build a competitive playoff team. They are strong in every position. On offense you have guys who can put the puck in the net and some defensive guys that can shutdown the best players on the other team. The defense is led by the all-star @Gwan and a pretty good defensive squad following him. To complete this amazing team you have to top goalies in @KingKonz- and @Jewest One . The Wings have everything to get at least to a Conference Final in my opinion.

Offense
    :team12:=:team10:
    Defense
    :team10:>:team12:
    Goalie
    :team10:>:team12:

Conclusion : The :team10:Red Wings will win this serie but it will be a tough one. I think it will go the distance in 7 and the @Gwan effect will be the X-factor in this serie.

Detroit Red Wings :team10: in 7

:team4: Philadelphia Flyers vs :team78: Pittsburgh Penguins

The Pennsylvania derby will be an interesting one. @DeeSa Ali managed to build a good team after Yargage left. The Penguins had a really disappointing season but they managed to make it to the playoffs where it's a new season for everyone.

:team4: The Flyers have a pretty well rounded team. they have a good first line who can beat mostly anyone and they have a pretty good 2nd line. They can win pretty much every type of game. The Flyers offense should be good enough to keep up with Pens offense. Philadelphia defense will be led by hitting machine @TurboYuri so Pens forwards will have to keep their heads up. Philly goalies are led by All-Star quitter @Milah and Ted, and if Philly is to have success in postseason, it will be through him.

:team78: Pittsburgh Penguins clinched to the playoffs on the last day of the season and it's pretty disappointing regardless the roster they have. They have one of the best offense in the league and a solid defense. These guys should be fighting for a division title, not a wildcard spot. They also have a solid starter in nets @SteveB9211, so there is no reason to explain how bad they did this season. I do believe this team need to be taken seriously even if they only have 91 points in the season.

Offense
    :team78:>:team4:
    Defense
    :team78:>:team4:
    Goalie
    :team4:>:team78:

Conclusion : I think this will be a fun serie to watch, but I think the Penguins will successfully fix their season by winning this serie.

Pittsburgh Penguins :team78: in 6

:team2: Boston Bruins vs Florida Panthers

This serie is the hardest to predict in my opinion. Both teams are pretty much alike, they both put up amazing season numbers, they both score a lot and doesn't get scored much.

:team2: Boston have 6 forwards with at least 50 points this season which the amazing offense contribution. @Givemedings16 leading the offense squad, the Bruins should score many goals in postseason like they did in the season. The defense squad of the Bruins is something too. They have a really solid top 4, one of the best of the postseason. I don't really know Bruins goalies but @Hydra IllusionZ and @Tolvanen l11l put up solid numbers in net this season. Let's hope they can keep this up for the biggest games coming !

:team23: Florida is an intriguing team. I wouldn't have bid on them to make the playoffs honestly. I didn't know a lot of people in the club, but it's a good thing I didn't bet against them because they are a really solid team. It seems like all the players on the team follow a system to win games. Maybe they don't have the talent other teams have, but they certainly have the right attitude to win games for this NHL. Florida can count on both solid offense and defense. Let's hope playing the defensive system can work against the Big Bad Bruins !

Conclusion : I don't see this serie not going to Game 7. The Panthers system will definitely win them games, even if I think the Bruins have more talent. I think the Bruins have a better game 7 line than the Panthers, and that's why I pick them to win the serie !

Offense
    :team2:>:team23:
    Defense
    :team2:>:team23:
    Goalie
    :team23:>:team2:

Boston Bruins :team2: in 7

Recap

Ottawa Senators in 5
    Detroit Red Wings in 7
    Pittsburgh Penguins in 6
    Boston Bruins in 7

Western Conference will come up this weekend !

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    • Like x 16
    • Dislike x 1
    • Troll x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    jerdubzz
  2. l1l Bones l3l

l1l Bones l3l BBB Owner

Ratings:
    +827 / 40 / -41
    Goalie
    :team1:>:team20: :thinking:

Worse G stats in every category?

35 less GA??

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

• Like Like x 4
    BonesOnDemand
  3. JerDubzz

JerDubzz Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jerdubzz#0
    Ratings:
    +355 / 41 / -44
    He's playing for the Leafs, stats aren't everything about who's better as goalie.

• Like Like x 1
    jerdubzz
  4. JRowsyn

JRowsyn DooGs

Discord:
    Duganator#1455
    Ratings:
    +371 / 4 / -11
    Enjoyed the read man, good job

Duganator32
  5. Tayerrrrr

Tayerrrrr Sup my dude

Discord:
    mxtayer#2502
    Ratings:
    +273 / 31 / -57
    Do western now .

• Informative Informative x 1
    Mxtayer
  6. APsychicTaco

APsychicTaco Scrub Goalie Supreme

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    Bones and Delosh > Webby and Watermelon

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    APsychicTaco
  7. x Pinto 57

x Pinto 57 Tha Choosen One

Discord:
    xpinto57#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 45 / -73
    Good write up im excited to see who will be the sc winner this season

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    xbarrie__x
  8. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    He must've forgot we traded Kerns.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Proud Gay Dad

Proud Gay Dad Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Proud Gay Dad#2855
    Ratings:
    +1,255 / 15 / -54
    @Gwan fucking blows. So I guess we’re boned.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Sup_Im_Gay
  10. Cross_X_Check

Cross_X_Check Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    Gotta go with Ottawa in 4. Whoever is playing on NYIsles tag is ridiculously good. @PieR Talent

• Funny Funny x 1
    cross_x_check
  11. DirtyJerrz

DirtyJerrz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +384 / 12 / -28
    Solid write-up!

Dirty_Jerrz
  12. donnybrah

donnybrah Better At EASHL Than Im4thLineWorthy

Discord:
    donnybrah#0690
    Ratings:
    +290 / 29 / -40
    "Conclusion : The :team20:Sens are way too strong for the Leafs, it will be a total blowout in my opinion. I think the Leafs can manage to get a win if they can put a good line against Ottawa 3rd line."

THIS THIRD LINE

• Like Like x 1
    donnybrah