Eastern Conference Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Knivessplash, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Knivessplash

Knivessplash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    * I will do Western later tonight or tomorrow. Whenever I get time to do so. This is just speculation players quit, trades happen and some players just don't work out. So please do not take anything I say about the team personal. There are a lot of "unknown" players every season, so it always hard to predict.

1. Pittsburgh Penguins- To be honest this was the hardest team to decide between. Carolina and Pittsburgh both drafted offense heavy and in my opinion that's what wins in league play the majority of the time. I just think that Pitt has a little better d and better goal-tending. They started off drafting a very solid center, (Kyle Martin)and another very strong winger in BOBZ. A line of BOBZZ spliff and martin could do a lot of damage. They built a team that is going to score lots of goals, but the only question is how will the defense and goal tending last. In the end I think this team beats out the Carolina Hurricanes by a few Points.

Key Players to be Successful: ll IrOn CiTy ll , spliff n rum, , Kyle Martin x89,
    o Magick x, xKillzone99
    , x Neal 18 x

2. Carolina Hurricanes- Another team that decided to go offense early and often- They picked up h1n1 right off the bat, which is a very good scorer and will find the back of the net a lot. When you already have two very good players in shaw and sniper that is a killer line if they decide to pair them together. They went and picked up one of the better defensive in the draft in maddad. They have the forwards to outscore about anyone, but like Pittsburgh my one huge concern is can the d and goal tending hold up. Some of the fwds are known more as scorers and not the team defense attitude which is not a bad thing, in the end I think it does.

Key Players to be Successful: ii H1N1 ix, CjC Cobras, madad1369, Browness, DaKrAzYkId, SV Sniper 92, Shad9w

3. Toronto Maple Leafs- The first team that went defense first in the Eastern Conference. Nastiest Guy was picked up for a reason. Not only is he a great d man, he knows how to put the puck in the net. You better cover that man or you will pay for it which just leaves more space for forwards to work with. Then they picked up the JLE guys. I really do not know much about them, but a lot rides on them for this team to be able to compete for the eastern conference they need to play well. They have a very good group on d in Frazier, Monkey, MATT, Nasty. Unlike, Pittsburgh and Carolina I worry if this team can consistently score on a night to night basis. If they can don't be surprised if they are on top of the east by season end. My other worry is Knives is in net so you know you just shoot on net and you get a goal, but I trust his d to bail him out.

Key Players to be Successful: Frazier4Heisman, Poisinkiller or Knivessplash, Nastiest Guy, MATT STL 33, TP BLUE, JLE ROBIN, JLE Batman Xx Spliff

4. Winnipeg Jets- I team that is one of the more balanced teams. They did not go all offense or all defense. They went out with their first two picks with a bang and picked up one of the better passers who can play any position and in my opinion one of if not the best play makers in the league. (ball saddle) They snagged a goalie next which is never a bad thing. Henderson Kessel ball saddle is a very explosive top line if they decide to go that route. I see this team being able to make two very good fwd lines while also having good d and goal tending. You could potentially have gay grant, khalifa on another line. If everyone on the team is committed this team could be very good. Like Pittsburgh and Carolina I worry if their d can hold up.

Key Players to be Successful: xKESSELx81x, Henderson 33, ball saddle, Sup Im gay 16, xNtG Grant, Senators 424, xGEORGEx 51

5. Tampa Bay- They went off the back and took 4 D. Are they good? Yes, they have the best d in the league probably. I just hope they found something in some of
    the later rounds at fwd that I have not seen. I like some of the pickups such as glaer, Spezza, x20xSJ0STRoMx11, coffey. This team will need to win a lot of low scoring games to make the playoffs. They have the d to do so, but do they have enough top tier fwds. I don't think so prove me wrong.

[FONT=&amp] Key Players to be Successful: oO Karlsson Oo, o0Black0o, i4mb3c0m3d34th, liqara22 glaer, Spezza x19, Coffey x9, Clownboi[/FONT]

6. Philadelphia- It seems that there is always one team that just is what were they thinking? Nobody was willing to say it, but I will. Sure they got some good players hockster, soccer, kene, lupul, element... very good players. The rest of the players seem to be unknowns. So only time will tell, but I don't see them winning very many games. Most of the picks they made seemed to be overvalued.

Key Players to be successful:

Hockster24, Soccerjrc18, kene on fire, l19l lupul l19l, RAMBO AR15, xTheElementx 77

Good luck Everyone. This is just made for fun. I might be totally off on my assessment. Good luck to everyone and their respective teams.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    No Streaming Account
  2. l Blitzkrieg l

l Blitzkrieg l Rico=Melo of LG

Ratings:
    +561 / 7 / -14
    Great write up and i cant wait to see the west!nice job knives!

No Streaming Account
  3. I3igFoote

I3igFoote Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Good work!

No Streaming Account
  4. Wallywallabe

Wallywallabe Well-Known Member

Discord:
    wallywallabee#8870
    Ratings:
    +86 / 4 / -6
    Great job Knives!

No Streaming Account
  5. SmiTTy x 12

SmiTTy x 12 “Officially UnRetired”

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 63 / -77
    Amazing knives this is what I've wanted all last season! Thank you!

SmittyTV
  6. oO BLaCK Oo

oO BLaCK Oo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 1 / -1
    I think this seem to be accurate. NIce article.

No Streaming Account
  7. KASTOR N POLLUX

KASTOR N POLLUX S16 JACK ADAMS WINNER

Discord:
    Kastor n Pollux (Storm Team Dad)#5430
    Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -5
    nice write up knives
    i can't wait to see what winnipeg does this season, they have the talent to sit right on top of this conference
    great draft foxbrook and Nix

kastornpollux
  8. SPLIFNRUM

SPLIFNRUM Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SPLIFF N RUM#2351
    Ratings:
    +43 / 10 / -14
    good right up knivesplash

No Streaming Account
  9. Hail2Hockey

Hail2Hockey #1 DUCKS FAN

Discord:
    hail2hockey#0
    Ratings:
    +133 / 9 / -7
    It's a nice.write up.but.really not.a lot of.wins come.and.get.to.know.my.team I'm.not.complaining.but.we have alot of vets.from.vhl..its all good time.to.riseabovedahate

hail2hockey
  10. mikeysanman1

mikeysanman1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    good shit man

No Streaming Account
  11. Wallywallabe

Wallywallabe Well-Known Member

Discord:
    wallywallabee#8870
    Ratings:
    +86 / 4 / -6
    who plays in the VHL on your team?

No Streaming Account
  12. KASTOR N POLLUX

KASTOR N POLLUX S16 JACK ADAMS WINNER

Discord:
    Kastor n Pollux (Storm Team Dad)#5430
    Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -5
    Riseabove, thats all you gotta do, be the darkhorse. Be the team that comes out the gate turnin heads

kastornpollux
  13. Hail2Hockey

Hail2Hockey #1 DUCKS FAN

Discord:
    hail2hockey#0
    Ratings:
    +133 / 9 / -7
    Like.i said I'm not.mad just kinda Idk.lol.weenus these guys like hellboy true.and leaked we've been.playing toghter.since nhl09 and the vhl.not anymore but your right ill be the darkhorse

hail2hockey
  14. i4mb3c0m3d34th

i4mb3c0m3d34th I AM BECOME DEATH

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    that was a good read! good job man

No Streaming Account
  15. Frazier4Heisman

Frazier4Heisman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Key Players = Anyone Knives has ever heard of

No Streaming Account
  16. KOSisKing

KOSisKing Cone-Shaped Dinosaur

Ratings:
    +102 / 2 / -0
    Great read. Seems to pretty accurately reflect theinitial sense of most ppl. It would be sick if you did one every week!

KOSisKing
  17. FOXBROOK

FOXBROOK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Kastor, I believe the Jets are very well rounded. Good group of guys too which will help with chemistry.
    I think Carolina looks like the team to beat in the east, my opinion. Can't wait to get some games in.....

No Streaming Account
  18. XBOBZZ

XBOBZZ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    so many dots

No Streaming Account
  19. Hail2Hockey

Hail2Hockey #1 DUCKS FAN

Discord:
    hail2hockey#0
    Ratings:
    +133 / 9 / -7
    hail2hockey
  20. Mr_Invidious

Mr_Invidious Sports Business Professional, Bad eSports Player

Ratings:
    +592 / 3 / -5
    Always nice to see these types of articles. Good analysis KS.

No Streaming Account