Eastern North Division Projections

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by k-fed, Jun 3, 2020.

1. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    This is the Eastern North which will be anyone’s guess. In my own opinion there isn’t one clear team that looks as if they are the one to beat. Let’s get into it.

1. Toronto Marlies – Broom takes back over the team he ran in s33 where he made the playoffs as the 4 seed before being swept. Effectively bringing to the north the same bunch of goonies that took him to the 2nd overall seed in the Atlantic. With few holes to fill Scumball filled them with reasonable signings and will look to repeat his team’s success from s35.

· Best Contract – @silentsoljacuz4 (bidding 1.5M)

Apart of the top line for the bruins last season going for 4.5M and having his career best season in the A posting 19 wins and 79 points. This season during summer when everyone is always over inflated, he went for 3M…. less than last season. Credit goes to broom for getting a ridiculous bargain.

· Worst Contract – @Broomball16 (GM)

Another team where I feel they don’t have any bad contracts. Could have done Alpha since he was 8M last season but that’s because managers were dumb. 4.5 is reasonable. Also, broom you’re just not worth a free contract. Next.

2. Cleveland Monsters – back again is Krawch and company as they look to reclaim there coveted Calder that they have made an act for winning several times. Back again are some of the familiar “555 boys” which is not just a saying…to them it’s a way of life. In a division that is up for grabs they sure should be at the top just on experience alone. Time will tell if they still got it or not.

· Best Contract - @Zlatan Matic (bidding 3.5M)

No shock here as the man formerly known as EuroHalfer ends up a monster. And given his seasons that he does play in the A that title is fitting because he is just that, a monster. With the high prices that were paid forwards and even including steals. If euro in his rightful place alongside krawch even touches 65 points this contract is a steal.

· Worst Contract - @flightn (bidding 7M)

Another player where the contract is fitting of them. Despite a “slightly down” season from 34. Flight gets an uptick in price. Cleveland had the money so why not? They get a top line winger or very least someone capable of carrying the 2nd line.

3. Utica Comets – Zinc and Tranqz jump ship from a cinderella cup run in which it saw them lose to the eventual winning Griffins. Starting with a roster from scratch basically they get some decent steals on good contracts and got in and out of bidding without having to be stuck waiting out some guys in bidding hell. A lot of old veterans that if returning to form could carry the 3rd line. Defense looks a little suspect but with almost 3M in space changes could be made.

· Best Contract – @Brisan x6 (bidding 1M)

Despite having had a season to forget brisan still put up 31 points on defense proving he hasn’t lost his touch for playmaking. With career seasons of 48 and 55 points on defense and a full season at forward of 71 points in the A. Many people seemed to think he was not worth bidding on at forward or didn’t know enough. Lucky for me I did, and I get not only a steal but one of the top two-way centers in the league this season.

· Worst Contract - @l Murray x 30 l (bidding 2M)

From what I’ve heard, this is the type of goalie that doesn’t trust his defense and slides off his posts. Speaking of defense… we could have used this money elsewhere.

4. Laval Rocket – Finally! The rocket has a chance of making playoffs. Laporshkin comes back to the AHL bringing Neemmm with him. Assembling some grizzled vets and frenchies looks to have been the plan here. They had a plan in bidding and executed, they did not get caught in many bidding wars and did not overspend either. The only weakness I can see on this team is goaltending, they have two guys that I only know of as forwards.

· Best Contract - @patsway (bidding 1.5M)

A 3.25M contract in s34 led to a 40 goal 17-win season and top seed in the north division. Becoming a free contract in s35 was followed up with a 14-win season and 60-point season. So naturally despite these consistent stats pats goes lower to a 1.5 contract. Shake my dam head.

· Worst Contract – @TheAngryNachos (bidding 4M)

Nachos aren’t angry. Bully.

5. Belleville Senators – Out with the old and in with the new. Canada comes down from the N to take over the sens this season to try and replicate the cup run that was last season. He brings cotes with him as the other free contract. With some good returning pieces, the foundation was already left behind for this team to be successful. However, with many decent teams I see Belleville just ending up as the first team on the outside looking in.

· Best Contract - @No Kapanen (bidding 500k)

Anytime you can get someone at 500k its always considered a steal. While Kap did not have the type of stats that were mesmerizing. 12 wins and 50 points on a team that did not make the playoffs in the AHL is good enough and especially on 500k

· Worst Contract - @SquirtIe Why (bidding 4M)

Coming off a two-season contract from the N at 1.5, Squirtle gets an increase to 4M through AHL bidding. An unnamed source told me “I didn’t bid on him because he’s not even worth 1M on my team.” Woof, tough crowd.

6. Binghamton Devils – Smitty jumps to the west and Roubidoo moves down from the N to run the baby devils with friend TertleToes. Who tells everyone he doesn’t have time for NHL but manages to play at least 15 games at all levels? Interesting. They had a plan to go for one of the top guys in bidding and came out with 9M on jemima and it shows throughout the rest of the roster.

· Best Contract - @The Treestone (bidding 500k)

78 goals in his last two seasons in the C and 149 points overall despite it being in the C is pretty good. While it was in the CHL the guy proves that he can score. And as mentioned above for Kapanen he’s played in the A before and 500k isn’t hurting anything. This has the potential to be more steal than bust.

· Worst Contract - @Jemima (bidding 9m)

As was the big contracts on all the other teams. Nothing against Jemima, everyone knows he’s a great player. But 9m on one player stretches the team thin. That money could have been used on defense or offense to upgrade or even at goaltender. Also going to be hard to make upgrades with 1/3 of your salary being hampered down.

7. Syracuse Crunch – The crunch are going to be that team this season where everyone questions what they are doing but they know what they are doing and everyone is stupid except for them. But, after week one they are going to forget what they were doing and be this version of last season’s t-birds. They were the best. @the alliane

· Best Contract - @MrBinxx (bidding 1.25M)

Having two 50-point N seasons and two 70-point seasons in the A gets Binx his lowest contract in the A. I’ve heard there are character issues with him which might have helped lower the bid? But in my opinion if that’s the case some players despite the baggage they bring are worth it.

· Worst Contract – @Shmyr (bidding 4.5)

This isn’t necessarily a bad contract. But someone has to get it. Crunch dished out 4.5 in hopes of replicating his s34 statistics when he put up 70 points. They were able to get his linemate in eagleye so that should help. Hopefully, they don’t have to play with DryMouthSliders. :D

8. Rochester Americans – Boy this team looks a lot different from the previous teams that were the HUMericans. They look more like the BUMericans. To quote an unnamed source in the cb during bidding “Are these guys gonna bid on anyone good?” Draward was pleading to be given a shot at management. Well, pal. Good luck. 500k army on defense is one thing. But a 500k army on forward and you are the free contract? I hope you have a plan especially considering you have 4.25 in cap space.

· Best Contract - @BigB I92I (bidding 500k)

Coming off an 87-point season in the C it earned Bigb a 1M contract for s35 with the crunch. Where he posted a 20-win 56-point season in his first in the AHL under the leadership of Sharp. So, with that it earned him a 500k contract and a one-way ticket to trap island.

· Worst Contract - @officialmark07 (bidding 10.75)

The contract is worth the player that’s getting it. Unfortunately, the team you ended up on isn’t. Not only did you not get any help but there’s also plenty of salary cap just going to waste. I don’t know you, but I feel for you. Also, I believe the over/under on quitting was set at 3 weeks.

Thanks for reading,

Please remember before rating “GG” and “troll” or “dumb” that these are just opinionated sentences and are not meant to be offensive and or to make people butthurt. I will be doing the Western Pacific later.

Salty

• Like Like x 21
    • Winner Winner x 10
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Broomball16

Broomball16 Washed

Discord:
    Broomball16#1587
    Ratings:
    +1,581 / 861 / -476
    I DID IT MOM, I'M THE TEAMS WORST CONTRACT

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Broomball1881
  3. Pope Dave ll

Pope Dave ll 113 IQ score

Discord:
    popedaveii#0
    Ratings:
    +355 / 39 / -35
    GET FUCKED MURRAY SHITTER

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    popedavell
  4. ChiSouthSiderr

ChiSouthSiderr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    chisouthsiderr#0
    Ratings:
    +881 / 224 / -237
    ummm lol

• Get Good Get Good x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ChiSouthSiderr
  5. Roubidoo

Roubidoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 17 / -41
    Fire Sale

• Funny Funny x 4
    No Streaming Account
  6. DaSteelerz

DaSteelerz More than just cool on the internet

Discord:
    dasteelerz#0
    Ratings:
    +187 / 11 / -25
    isn't the beginning of the season the best?

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  7. Broomball16

Broomball16 Washed

Discord:
    Broomball16#1587
    Ratings:
    +1,581 / 861 / -476
    Also last season we were second in the East, not the atlantic

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    Broomball1881
  8. A Salty SaiIor

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    shut up

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. KrawcH v2

KrawcH v2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +652 / 20 / -22
    Good write up buddy!

• Like Like x 2
    krawch61
  10. stev

stev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +199 / 6 / -9
    ?

Should've been a 3 season contract lmao. Wild analysis. Really dug deep on this one!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. A Salty SaiIor

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    I mean they don't really have a bad contract so as I've done with the couple other teams I picked the highest one and had fun with it. Sorry, that fun doesn't come by you very often.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. stev

stev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +199 / 6 / -9
    I feel like that's pretty misinformative. Seems more lazy than anything, but it's your post :)

And yeah sorry I missed your super funny joke, it was too high brow for my small brain :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. BigSaveNabokov

BigSaveNabokov Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344
    Nachos is easily one of the best contracts and one of the better AHL players and could've easily been a 2m+ NHL LW.

Idk why Laval didnt give him a 3s that was really dumb

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    mattyhandz
  14. A Salty SaiIor

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    yeah well let’s chalk that up to you being an nhler and automatically better then everyone in the Ahl. Instead of criticizing people who do these for fun maybe try making your own then I would have had a proper example. Seems pretty “lazy” to harp on other people’s work. But I guess with your small brain you can’t interpret that.

My apologies nabby, I forgot by making him the worst contract it meant he’s bad by default. Jesus, and I thought chisouthsider’s comprehension was bad. Who knew that when I was waiting to be chirped it would be by people that aren’t even effected or involved.

• Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  15. stev

stev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +199 / 6 / -9
    Oh, so a post in which you give your opinion, positive or negative, on player's skill and management's use of cap, isn't allowed to be given an opinion?

I also didn't say anything about my own skill or yours, and don't see how me making my own post would have pushed you to give a proper example. Just trying to give you a heads up was all!

Good luck this season :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Sokastr7

Sokastr7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -1
    Dam, my resume isn't even worth 1m to someone... feels bad man

No Streaming Account
  17. tball619

tball619 Ea: tball612

Discord:
    tball619#4398
    Ratings:
    +113 / 7 / -11
    Great write up Salty! Always nice to see media!

• Like Like x 1
    yotball
  18. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    Not the best, not the worst! Let's go!

DaYoungBuck
  19. Alpha x 77

Alpha x 77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0
    I wasnt the worst contract this season! Let's go!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. SoxI67I

SoxI67I S14 President's Trophy Winner

Discord:
    SoxI67I#5389
    Ratings:
    +209 / 13 / -42
    Great write up! Go Comets!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1