End of the Regular Season in Review

Discussion in 'LGVFA' started by Starwood18, Apr 12, 2015.

1. ImJeff

ImJeff Five time PLB Champion Platinum

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    Eight weeks after the draft, we've finally reached the end of our regular season and we'll be beginning the playoffs tomorrow night. Throughout the day I'll be getting caught up on entering in the past week games that people have sent me. Later tonight I'll be doing a draw to determine Champions' League groupings.

I wanted to thank all of you for the effort you've put in to get your games done. I know it was a bumpy ride. Maxwell and I learned a lot this season about what works and what won't work. We'll be shortening future seasons, even considering short four week seasons. This season dragged out really long and by the end, I doubt even half of the Week 8 games were played, people lost interest, including myself. I'm also looking to move towards more communication through the website. Tris built a really nice system for us to use with proposals, and I realize that it isn't working 100%, but there were a lot of instances of people wanting forfeits for "I messaged him on XBox and he never responded." "OK, show me proof." and then I never hear from them again. The website communication thing pertains to media as well. For a while there I was doing write ups and a lot of other things that I spent a lot of time on, and with nobody going on the website, it would get maybe 1-2 thanks and 45 views. It disheartened me from really doing anything media-wise for the league.

I liked the idea of a ladder system, but it wasn't well received by the community, so we won't be going that route for next season. I may look into the amount of games played/week. But if we're doing four week seasons, 2 game weeks make for an incredibly tiny season. We'll have to look into what the best number of games to go with is. I'm also looking to implement some "don't be a douchebag" rules for the league as well. I have heard from a handful of people of some rather unsporting activity from others in the league. I'm not really looking to change the way that people play their game, but maybe, if you're up 9-0 and you get a penalty, don't watch all three replays? That's the type of stuff that's really going to deter people from coming back to the league. I, along with others, were looking for the LGVFA to be a change of pace from the douchebag stuff you see from FUT seasons, and I'd like to preserve that idea for the future.

As far as the Champions League, Maxwell and I have decided to kill the idea that the regional cup winners will get an automatic bid simply because people didn't play their games.. This really won't affect anyone's Champions' League chances. I'll be trying to get the regional cup tournaments finished as it would be nice to get trophies for those who have earned them, but I also don't want to wait around for these tournaments to finish to start the Champions' League.

Maxwell and I are also working on plans for the World Cup idea as well and will have more info on that soon.

I'll also be updating the final participation numbers on the league and will have a draw for that in the upcoming weeks.

Thanks all for reading, feel free to add your own input on future seasons, ideas, etc.
    [MENTION=8170]Blade mtl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11288]K inG x NeymaR[/MENTION] [MENTION=2710]electrickeeper[/MENTION] [MENTION=7923]Noobinator156[/MENTION] [MENTION=1330]TINO45REAPER[/MENTION] [MENTION=13694]Gaara No Sabaku[/MENTION] [MENTION=13849]Matt in Prime[/MENTION] [MENTION=9430]Rushpac[/MENTION] [MENTION=6396]OTPDHJ Connor[/MENTION] [MENTION=8088]Doc Status[/MENTION] [MENTION=6204]x iP i z z i[/MENTION] [MENTION=11299]Frank QC 96[/MENTION] [MENTION=13676]amT Vendifire[/MENTION] [MENTION=9593]Auto Jets[/MENTION] [MENTION=7163]lx MAXWELL xl[/MENTION] [MENTION=7406]F5 Penguin[/MENTION] [MENTION=7805]Viktomize[/MENTION] [MENTION=13372]o AfC x Niall[/MENTION] [MENTION=13224]PsychSmokeBBQ[/MENTION] [MENTION=13897]Maystroh[/MENTION] [MENTION=13994]HRPaperstax28[/MENTION] [MENTION=14366]SaltyFishBreath[/MENTION] [MENTION=7352]nine10thsof1sec[/MENTION] [MENTION=14069]FISHYburned7[/MENTION] [MENTION=12986]xMidget Prox[/MENTION] [MENTION=6796]NugeTV[/MENTION] [MENTION=7358]ImJeff[/MENTION] [MENTION=13084]MOUNTAIN JESUS[/MENTION] [MENTION=3636]pete magnum791[/MENTION] [MENTION=12884]KCNightshade[/MENTION] [MENTION=12840]ENGchap77[/MENTION] [MENTION=13948]DiverseLeader[/MENTION]

• Like Like x 7
    Starwood84
  2. Rushpac

Rushpac First ever back-to-back PLB champion bitches!

Ratings:
    +981 / 17 / -16
    thanks [MENTION=7358]ImJeff[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7163]lx MAXWELL xl[/MENTION] for putting this league together. I had fun this season even though I was a punching bag and really only had 2-3 instances of my opponent being a "douchebag" so I'm thankful for that.

I second the idea of shorter seasons; it's just the nature of the beast right now that people lose interest. Once you get that really, really solid core, maybe go back longer but I don't see shorter seasons having any kind of negative impact. If anything, it gives someone like myself a quicker window to rebound and have a better season.

Thanks again and hopefully media interest is better next season too.

• Like Like x 1
    Rushpac
  3. Doc Status

Doc Status dark stasis

Ratings:
    +504 / 8 / -4
    Despite the drop in participation as the season went on, I'd say that the first season was a success. Shortening the season is probably a good way to keep people interested and playing their games. I'd be for a 4 week season with 3 games a week. Hopefully with a shorter season people will still want to play their games.

I think the biggest issue is that people just weren't committed to getting their games in like they should have been. I have most of you added and you were all online every single night, but somehow couldn't get a 15 minute fifa game played in 7 days. I understand people get bored and would rather do other things, but if you signed up for a league you should be willing to put in the time to get your games played. I hope that players who can't commit to that will refrain from signing up next season.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  4. ImJeff

ImJeff Five time PLB Champion Platinum

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    Yeah, I fully expect to lose a lot of players for the upcoming season, but I don't necessarily think that's a terrible thing. If we're left with 10-12 guys that you can easily get ahold of and get your games in with, I think it's something to build the league off of.

• Like Like x 1
    Starwood84
  5. TINO45CAL

TINO45CAL Warning Group

Discord:
    jfmartineau#0
    Ratings:
    +4,310 / 63 / -145
    you heartless mother fuckers , thats why we cant have nice things !!

• Like Like x 5
    tino45
  6. PsychSmokeBBQ

PsychSmokeBBQ Welcome to Slide Tackle City

Ratings:
    +200 / 13 / -8
    Great job guys! Thanks for handling it and making it great. You can do very little about those who wanna beat their own drum without the drum kit.

• Like Like x 2
    Psychsmokebbq
  7. Noobinator156

Noobinator156 S17 Stanley Cup Champion

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38
    Ba dum tssst

No Streaming Account
  8. Cantona 75303

Cantona 75303 Manchester United Owner

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0