ESHL Round 1 Write Up

Discussion in 'E-Sports Hockey League' started by jdheagle-, Nov 10, 2019.

1. jdheagle

jdheagle Kiss The Rings

Ratings:
    +971 / 81 / -219
    (1) Resilience vs (16) Olympus

This isn’t your ordinary 1v16 matchup where one team is clearly better than the other. Olympus is easily a top 6-7 team when their normal line plays and will cause some problems for the very experienced Resilience team. The difference in this series will be Grim vs Los and who wins that matchup. Besides that, these teams are very even and I expect this series to go at least 6.

Players to watch: Grim (Olympus), Los (Resilience)

Prediction: Resilience in 6

(2) BBB vs (15) Hidden Potential

This matchup will be a good test for BBB to see how prepared they are to make another run at a championship. This Hidden Potential team won’t be a push over though with some really good forwards who have great chemistry with one another. The matchup between Bert and Shockz will be one you should be watching. The real question is will Devin or Auggy be playing LD? I think Auggy is solid, but Devin can definitely make this series more winnable if he plays, in my opinion.

Players to watch: Jemima (BBB), Shockz (HP)

Prediction: BBB in 5 (6 if Devin plays)

(3) Simple Hockey vs (14) Lost N’ Found

A very unknown team coming into the season with Simple Hockey will have a huge test going up against Trobby and the boys. The SxH boys had a very surprising regular season to a majority of the eshl community and will be looking to continue to play with that chip on their shoulder for these playoffs. On the other side of the rink we have the LnF boys featuring some OG players in Trobby, Girgs and Space Jam. After playing these guys in the beginning of the year in comparison to now, it’s like night and day. The key to winning this series for SxH will be trying to figure out a way to beat the LnF trap. It’s not an easy feat and I’m concerned with how they are going to attack it.

Players to watch: Lutvi (SxH), Trobby (LnF)

Prediction: LnF in 5

(4) The Underdogs vs (13) Red Lights District

Two extremely high scoring teams full of Frenchies will be the most exciting series to watch in the first round. This entire series will be dependent on who can play any defense. The forward line for The Underdogs are extremely hard to stop for an entire game and it will have to be an entire team effort on defense from Red Lights District in order to stop them. The question is will Red Lights District sacrifice some offense to try and contain The Underdogs? If they try to out offense them, this series will be over quick. Hopefully they take my advice and make this series as low scoring as possible.

Players to watch: Gabseh (UND), Skillzzy (RLD)

Prediction: UND in 6

(5) Composure vs (12) Phantoms

There isn’t much to say for this series tbh. Everyone knows how good Composure is and this matchup might as well be a bye for them in my opinion. For the Phantoms they really only have 1 solid player in Twistafied and that just isn’t enough to beat a team like Composure. Maybe they can steal a game because Charles Foote is in net for Composure and he is absolutely poop at goalie. I hope you guys prove me wrong because I don’t want to go up against Odie and his stupid poke checks later on in the playoffs.

Players to watch: Odie (wet), Twistafied (PHA)

Prediction: wet in 4

(6) Legacy vs (11) Heroes

Oh boy we got the frenchies vs Gwan (black) and scaryjoey (wishes he was black). Legacy is built for the playoffs with their high puck possession and time on attack. They go up against a very solid Heroes team who played us well both times this season and I definitely think can test this Legacy team. This won’t be a walk in the park for the boys from Compton (Gwan), but I see this being extremely low scoring which favors Legacy.

Players to watch: Gwan (LEG), Beaudy (HER)

Prediction: LEG in 5

(7) Entourage vs (10) Most Wanted

Entourage went through a really weird regular season in comparison to previous years. Usually you would see them as top 3-4 seed, but with Lucas Hendry missing games due to him banging different chicks every night and me stealing Georges’ packets, you really didn’t get to see their full lineup that often. I don’t see that being a problem in the playoffs and will be intrigued to see how the Most Wanted boys adapt to the Entourage run n gun style of play. My advice is the same I gave to RED which is don’t try to outscore these guys because you will lose. If you play slow and make the game very nhl 20’y, you have a chance at an upset.

Players to watch: JClaus (ENT), Kroneez (MxW)

Prediction: ENT in 7

(8) Sold Out vs (9) Prophecy

I’m not going to say much here because I’m like on Prophecy. I expect a good series from these guys. Everyone knows how each other play from years of past experience and definitely see every game being close.

Players to watch: Get Muted (S O), Kerns (PRO)

Prediction: if you think I’m going to pick against my own team you’re fucking crazy. PRO in 4

• Like Like x 22
    • Winner Winner x 1
    jdheagle
  2. TheGreatMP7

TheGreatMP7 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mp74907#0
    Ratings:
    +574 / 11 / -62
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. ScaryJoeyy

ScaryJoeyy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    scaryjoeyy#0
    Ratings:
    +434 / 49 / -43
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ScaryJoeyy
  4. Hxndry

Hxndry 1/1

Discord:
    Hxndry#7500
    Ratings:
    +1,025 / 51 / -102
    I hate u Justin

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Tayerrrrr

Tayerrrrr Sup my dude

Discord:
    mxtayer#2502
    Ratings:
    +273 / 31 / -57
    Nice job !

• Like Like x 1
    Mxtayer
  6. Karmuh x 86

Karmuh x 86 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Karmuh#2796
    Ratings:
    +317 / 11 / -18
    Good write up JD!!!

• Like Like x 1
    karmuh86
  7. Gabseh

Gabseh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +437 / 22 / -45
    Good Write up , Gotta show some respect to Phantoms , maybe not the favorite team in this serie but Twist isnt the only good player on this team. We've all been There, hope they will prove them wrong ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    riorio56tv