ESPN NFL 2K5 Online FAQs

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming G-League (LGGL)' started by Shush, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ESPN NFL 2K5 Online

NFL 2K5 Online FAQ - August 18 2004
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

(NEW)1. Every time I get on Xbox Live I get an "unable to verify roster" message. Why does this happen?

In conjunction with Microsoft we have identified two reasons this can happen. The first is that some home network configurations that are compatible with traditional Xbox Live games are not compatible with Microsoft's Live Server Platform which we had to use to host our own servers. The second is that some user accounts are incorrectly configured on Xbox Live so they are denied access to the Live security gateway sitting between our server and your Xboxes.

(NEW)1a. Okay, so what can I do about the above problem?

Microsoft has released a universal fix for the incorrect account configurations. If you are continuing experiencing this problem you should try the following: upgrade the firmware on your router, setup port forwarding for UDP port 3074, set your Xbox as the DMZ, or as a last resort try connecting your Xbox directly to your cable / DSL modem. If none of those work for you send your gamertag and network configuration to ESPNV_web_help in a PM.

(NEW)2. I?m in a league and one of the owners has dropped out. Can we add some one to take over the team?

Yes, the league admin can replace dropped owners via the web site interface.

(NEW)3. Can I change teams in the middle of a league?

Changing teams in a league is currently not an option though with the consent of the admin owners could swap teams through creative use of the Drop and Replace Owner options.

4. I heard that VC is monitoring all trades that go on in a league. Is this true?

No, the league administrator will monitor all trades within the league.

5. Can we play "pick up" games in our league with league rosters?

This feature is not supported by ESPN NFL 2K5.

6. I keep getting a "failed to create league" message when trying to created a league.

A "failed to create league" message could mean that the league name has already been taken. If this is the case, you will need to create an alternate name for your league.

7. I can?t get my guest to play online with me in a 2 vs. 2 player game.

Guests are only allowed to play in unranked games. If you have the auto sign-in enabled, you will have to sign out via the Online Desk and then sign back in with your guest.

(NEW)8. There is a flaw with the stats. I notice that every time there's a clipping penalty, etc. you are penalized the 15 yards and you also get the 15 yards taken away from your stats. Penalties don't take off yards you previously had.

This has been addressed in the Xbox auto update due out today.

9. I?ve noticed that the play clock continues to run while watching replays online. This is causing me to get delay of game penalties because I don?t have enough time to select a play. Can you fix this?

The game clock runs the same as it does during offline play. If you don?t think you have enough time to run your next play, I would suggest skipping over the replay to give you the extra few seconds.

10. Can I use modified rosters online if I?m not playing in a league?

11.Where do I check my online stats (non league)?

The easiest way to do this is to create a game and then pull up your online user card.

12. I can't load updated rosters online for use offline?

Correct. Please refer to the roster update schedule at the top of this forum to find out when you will be able to download roster updates for offline use.

13. I am not using the official Sony Network Adapter, and NFL2K5 does not seem to recognize it. How come? It works fine for the other games.

We test our games using only the official Sony Network Adapter. Because of this, we cannot guarantee compatibility with third party devices.

14. My in-game keyboard doesn't work (PS2).

Unfortunately, we are not supporting in-game text chat this year.

15. I can't change my playbook online.

16. Why is there no option for multi-player ranked games?

17. Why can't I hear my custom music when playing online? (Xbox)

18. Is there a limit on how long a player can pause the game before he gets a drop/quit? (PS2)

Yes, you have 3-15 minutes of pause time depending on the quarter length. You can see the pause timer in the lower right of the pause screen.

19. How can I delete a league game that was played?

We are working on adding support for this to the admin page of the league web site.

20. Why are there no Division/Wild Card standings?

21. How do I join an online league?

Use the join league button!

22. Why can't I set up league playoffs with 12 teams like in the NFL?

23. When I see "Advance to next week" in league play, is that for the all teams or just the ones that played so for?

All games must be played or advanced by the league admin to advance a week in league or tournament play.

24. How do I view my online V.I.P.?

You must download it from your player card, load it with the "save/load" option, and then it can be viewed with the V.I.P. viewer.

25. Where do I go to download someone's V.I.P.?

V.I.P.?s can be downloaded from any online player card. Player cards are available by pressing the select button on the PS2 or the R2 on Xbox on a player's name located on gamelists or leaderboards.

(NEW)26. I am on PS2 dial-up and am unable to complete the online roster download. Why is that?

Roster downloads timeout after 3 minutes so if you are on a slow or poor modem connection you may not be able to complete the download in time. We suggest trying alternate phone numbers for your ISP.

(NEW)27. How come when I try to play my league opponent or a specific friend we are unable to start the game?

You or your opponent may need to enable port forwarding before your consoles will be able to "see" each other. On PS2 forward UDP port 3658 and on Xbox forward UDP port 3074.

(NEW)28. Every game I play online now the game freezes soon after the kickoff. What's going on?

It is possible your online VIP file became corrupted on the server and needs to be deleted. Send a PM to ESPNV_web_help with your console type (PS2 or Xbox) and username / gamertag.

If you don't see a concern addressed here, please email [email protected]

No Streaming Account