ESPN's coolest feature to me...

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming G-League (LGGL)' started by jujimum, Aug 2, 2004.

1. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ESPN's coolest featu

is the customizable soundtrack for specific game events =P~

Mind you, I'm just finding this now because I haven't played the game but 1 1/2 times so I realize this isn't new to anyone.

But man, I played around with it for a few minutes just now and it is awesome. You can take any song from your harddrive and create a snippet to be played when a specific event happens in game.

For instance, if you have the song "Break on Through" by the Doors on your harddrive, you could have it play "break on through to the other side" everytime you make a sack. It looks like you can choose several songs for the same event too, although I haven't tried that yet.

You can choose from several game events too. 1st down, P/K return, sack, touchdown, stadium intro, etc. If only that transferred to online play I'd be in heaven.

I'm going to be playing with this feature a little more very soon =P~

No Streaming Account
  2. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB GRAPHIC ASSASSIN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    You must have plenty of time on your hands Juji...

I've never tried that, but it sounds kinda cool.

No Streaming Account
  3. jmarks2001

jmarks2001 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I guess I've got even more time on my hands then. I have about 30 songs that I use. Most of them play for multiple events so it doesn't get too repetitive. Some are reserved for more specific occasions. For example, Enter Sandman or Eye of the Tiger as the Stadium Intro, The Final Countdown for the 2-minute warning. Of course, I've also added stadium clasics such as Whoomp There it is and Who Let the Dogs Out for TDs.

When I first added a few songs, I didn't like how it didn't really sound authentic. It just sounded like a CD playing as a background track. So I got some audio editing software and added a reverb effect to make it sound like its really coming out of a stadium PA system. I must say, the result is pretty cool.

Honestly, it didn't take that long. After I had all my songs downloaded, err, I mean ripped from the CDs that I rightfully own. It took me about 2-hours to add the reverb effect to each. Ripping those tracks to my xbox, took about 45-minutes (which didn't require me to do anything but wait for it to complete). Clipping them in the game and assigning them to specific events took another hour. For the realistic feel it gives to the game, it was well worth the investment in my estimation. Just don't like how it doesn't work online though.

No Streaming Account
  4. GrandmasterB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    hey jmarks, do you have a site you could upload a sample mp3 too? I'd love to hear the reverb you added to the tracks.

No Streaming Account
  5. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow. I think i was on top of 2k5 features since announce...just a tad :laugh: . I'm loving the touchdown celebrations though. I'm looking towards seeing if they hopefully have more deon sanders celebrations. The only drawback is that i cant use them online.

I have the music stadium tweak already though. Bunch of Rock, Rap and hip hop stuff bumping. My bro spend time importanting music using Music Mixer and setting it up for me. With 60+ tracks for stadium music the game never feels old because you never hear the same music every other game. I cant stop playing this game since i started my franchise. Weekly prep is an RPG in itself :evil:. Nothing is ever secured and injuries to your star players during training f'n suck.

No Streaming Account
  6. jujimum

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure how this says I have a lot of time on my hands since I only played with the feature last night for about 15 minutes ;) I've had the game since release and it was only the third time I've put it in my Xbox.

I remember last year reading about this feature that was going to be included and was excited to see how it worked, but then I totally forgot about it until last night when I was joining a Season on Live. Somehow, when I backed out I saw the menu that had this on it. It only takes a few minutes if you know the song you are using and know whereabouts the clip of the song you'd like to use is. All you do is open the song, click "A" for the starting point and "A" again for the ending point of your clip, then click "A" to name your selection, and then put a check mark into the game event that you want the song clip to played. Not very time consuming at all.

No Streaming Account
  7. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    PHILIPRIVERS..lol You can have the superchargers them song..lol

No Streaming Account
  8. Ted Danson

Ted Danson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do the songs work in multiplayer?

No Streaming Account
  9. Giotto

Giotto Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know they dont work online but i cant see why not offline.

I used star wars darth vader theme for int and TD it too cool
    i keep wanting to add Tool for something

No Streaming Account
  10. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would've checked if my cheap ass $20 investment in this stupid game didn't break 2 weeks after I bought it. You know how lame that is?

No Streaming Account
  11. GrandmasterB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    HOW LAME? As lame as a turkey w/ front legs?

No Streaming Account
  12. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ...socal why you keep attacking the game so much? Move on with your life already. Madden is around the corner and hopefully you'll stop crying when that finally comes out. Just because it doesnt play to your taste of football doesnt mean you have to keep bringing up your lame comments on the game. STOP hating already.

No Streaming Account
  13. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I ain't hating on shit Willo. I buy a game for $20, for $30 cheaper, disc is still in perfect condition, and it doesn't work. Its bullshit, every pther game I own works on my XBOX, and it isn't just my box, it doesn't work on my old XBOX, the xbox that I keep at my grandparents house, and my friend Paul's xbox. So it is the game.

And I am not crying, I haven't fucking complained since the day it came out, until it broke which was when I started. I enjoyed playing in the oline enabled seasons, and i would still be doing it if the cheap peace of shit would work. So I ain't bringing up lame comments on the game, and I am not hating, so lay off bud.

No Streaming Account
  14. jujimum

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Another thread derailed by Socal ;)

Also, it was just your game evidently so no need to put the game down as a whole. I think EVERYONE here has seen that your disc broke and we are all upset for you. Please, no more mention of it though. If it doesn't affect me, I don't care :p

No Streaming Account
  15. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Why not just take the game back and get a new one?

Also when i asked you to play last week you said: "I am selling the game as we speak". So you sold a broken game?

No Streaming Account
  16. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Never ended up selling it because of the fact that it broke. I always check them one last time before I send out the game to verify it works, and what do you know, it didn't work, so I had to mail his money back and all. It was stupid.

The game, my Gamestop says 7 days is the maximum you can bring a game back for problems, and it had been 14.

No Streaming Account
  17. GrandmasterB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Here's my take: you rented the game from blockbuster using your $49 unlimited rental card...didn't like it and took the game back. The game came out on July 20th, and today is it's August the 3rd...exactly two weeks from release...so when did the game break? Your story has more holes that a block of Swiss Cheese my friend.

No Streaming Account
  18. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I didn't rent ESPN NFL, but if I did, I would have been glad that I did. The game I currently have out right now on rental is Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, and I have previously on this card rented Rainbow Six: 3.

Where are you getting this rental crap from? :?

No Streaming Account
  19. GrandmasterB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    You mentioned renting the game yesterday to close out your teams you had leagues in...one thing. If you didn't like the game why sign up for more than one league? I can pull the info from my chat program if you like...LOL

No Streaming Account
  20. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lol I rented it for like a total of 15 minutes, sorry, forgot :roll: .

I didn't like the game too much, but I just enjoy playing with people that I know are fair and all. I also enjoyed trading for toher people.

No Streaming Account