Everything Season 24 Related (FAQs,Changes,Important Info)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by LG-McDonald, May 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Hope everyone had a solid memorial day weekend! I spent the last few days back in Vancouver with the GameChangers (@Nuge @Tonyferelli @jonlol GG Jon) working on more NHL 17 stuff. Unfortunately it is still too early for us to release any details but I can ensure you that once we get the green light a bunch of info and discussions will be had!

With us flipping over to S24, we have a ton of questions. I want to take this opportunity to try and touch on some info that is extremely important for everyone to be aware of!

Take the time to read this and if you have questions let me know!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Season 24 Owners and S23 NHL Review
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-24-owners.236370/

Above is a quick reference list for everyone to see who has been sent an offer to be an owner for S24. Lot of returning faces, and a ton of promotions from the AHL as well! All Owners have been given team access now, and are currently handling resigns and preparing for NHL bidding on June 12th!

Big congrats to the S23 New York Islanders on winning the Stanley Cup! Tons of adversity this season and they were able to come out with the big trophy.

Great series by all, and it was pretty awesome to watch the stream of game seven at EA with a bunch of the Dev team for NHL 17. Over 500 viewers is pretty impressive!

The Islander Management team would like to name @CGH as their Conn Smythe playoff MVP.

Overall season 23 at the NHL level went well. Not really headaches or issues. The main changes to our rules and systems this season that will affect the NHL level with be more clarification to additional time for connection issues. As well as actually conditions for conditional waivers to stream line that process and make it more affect and true to it's intent.

The only real change I'd like to see at the NHL level is more media. Compared to the AHL and CHL the NHL lacks the forum traffic which is really interesting at the other two levels. It also would help things like the All-Stars and Awards become more in depth.

I want to wish everyone the best of luck come opening night on June 26th

Understanding AHL Management Selections and AHL S23 Review
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/s24-ahl-manager-applications.234556/#post-1468137

All AHL Managers are select by the NHL Owners. The only catch is the AHL Commisisoner @Tiddus has put a criteria in place for our Owners to follow when selecting their managers. The criteria is that our AHL managers are approved by the AHL commissioner himself. All questions can be directed to our AHL staff.

Any interested players are free to fill out an application as per the link listed above.

S23 in the AHL had a lot of positives. It was the first season we implemented the Management Approvals, which saw a higher level of managers, which in my opinion offers a better experience for our players.

Some of rule changes coming into S24 that will affect the AHL is in regards to call up restrictions based on your sign up date. More details will be posted below but in a nutshell, we are looking at making RA Veteran players ineligible for AHL and NHL call ups. We want to push this word out as well to ensure we can maximize our bidding numbers.

Overall another media filled, action packed AHL season! Big congrats are in order to the Chicago Wolves on their Calder Cup win this season!

Any AHL related questions can be directed to our AHL Commissioner @Tiddus and his staff.

CHL News and Updates!

Big things coming to the CHL this season. We currently have 74 approved members for CHL Ownership! With only a maximum of 60 CHL teams, this season for the first time EVER we may see a full 60 team CHL!!!! That is a huge accomplishment to this League and is something I've personally have wanted for a few years now.

The #1 deciding factor for this idea to work will be the number of sign ups we have. After the Memorial Cup Finals, we will be sending out our CHL Owner offers and from there we will decide on our plan of action. Early stages right now is looking like 60 is the direct we could go, but we will require Media's support for promotion ( @F5 Penguin ) and a the support of our Owners to recruit a ton of guys!

Congrats to the three League Champions; Kingston Frontenaces,Prince George Raiders and Baie-Comeau Drakkar on winning their respective League Playoffs! Tonight those three Champions will face-off with each other for the Memorial Cup, in the round robin!

This season our host team will be the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada! The Armada are the S22 Champions whom were selected to compete for the Memorial Cup this season as well!

Best of luck to our final four!

Once we crown our S24 Memorial Cup Champions, we can then can further discuss the possibility of getting 60 CHL Teams for S24!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Top #5 Frequently Asked Questions During the Off-Season!

#1 How Do I Sign Up?

Next to the chat box is where all the league sign ups are.

[​IMG]
    Once you click the sign up button, any important info will be displayed in yellow!

The Participation & Quitting Policy also must be agreed on prior to a sign up being valid.

Be sure your primary position is the position you intent to play this season!

[​IMG]

#2 How Do I Scout To Be Selected by A Team?

Scouting normally begins in the next week or so. Brand new players to the league are encouraged to score a TON to get known!

All brand new players are only CHL eligible so be sure you are scouting for the right teams based on your eligibility!

Below the main chat box and below the chat in the LGCHL forums is where ALL scouting games can be located. The orange "LG Pick Up Games", is the location where players can find current scouting lobbies.

[​IMG]

#3 How Do I Change My Position?

Heading over to the Action Center, located in ANY of the LG Forum's tool bar is where players need to go to request a positional change!

THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS PLAYERS CURRENT UNDER CONTRACT ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER RFA BIDDING LISTED IN THE THREAD BELOW!

RFA Bidding Application
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/s24-rfa.236493/#post-1478072

The Action Center is located in our league tool bars

[​IMG]

Under the request options, players can then file for a positional change

[​IMG]

#4 What Are My Playing Restrictions?

Playing restrictions are based off of two factors; sign up date and your player status. Below I will break down the restrictions for each player status based on each factor

Veteran Players

Signed up prior to 8 PM est June 12th (NHL Bidding)
    -NHL Bidding eligible
    -AHL Bidding eligible
    -CHL Bidding eligible
    -No call up restrictions

Signed up prior to 8 PM est June 19th (AHL Bidding)
    -AHL Bidding eligible
    -CHL bidding eligble
    -No call up restrictions

Signed up from June 19th at 9 PM est (AHL Bidding live) to August 4th at 10 pm EST (Final day of the Season)
    -Randomly assigned to a CHL TC (RA V)
    -Ineligible for full time call up to the NHL and AHL
    -Eligible to be called up to the CHL.

Amateur Players

Signed up prior to 8 PM est June 12th (NHL Bidding)
    -NHL Bidding eligible
    -AHL Bidding eligible
    -CHL Bidding eligible
    -No call up restrictions

Signed up prior to 8 PM est June 19th (AHL Bidding)
    -AHL Bidding eligible
    -CHL bidding eligble
    -No call up restrictions

Signed up from June 19th at 9 PM est (AHL Bidding live) to August 4th at 10 pm EST (Final day of the Season)
    -Randomly assigned to a CHL TC (RA A)
    -Ineligible for full time call up to the NHL
    -Eligible to be called up to the AHL
    -Eligible to be called up to the CHL.

Prospect Players
    (Brand New To the LG)

Signed Up Prior to 5 PM est June 25th
    -Eligible for CHL Bidding
    -Ineligible for NHL or AHL full time call up
    -Will become the draft class for S25

**PSN Player status' do carry over to the Xbox League**

#5 How Do I Appeal My Ban From Past Seasons to be Eligible for S24?

Head over to the Action Center again in any league forum section.

[​IMG]

Once the Action Center loads up, click right on the appeal section. From there be sure to select the right league and ALWAYS SELECT AN ACTION. General Appeals go NO WHERE!

By an action, I mean when you click on the action section of the appeal, a drop down menu of ALL the complaints filed and ruled against you will show up. Select the one that you are appealing

[​IMG]

Any other questions, comments or concerns can be sent to me!

Thanks

-Brodie​

• Like Like x 19
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Old Old x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.