Media Exclusive Interview with E Sports Athlete Girgss

Discussion in 'E-Sports Hockey League' started by LG Media, Jul 18, 2017.

1. LG Media

LG Media Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -1
    [​IMG]

I recently sat down with Girgss, Right Winger for Bouchs Fat Dad, to take a trip down memory lane, and to get his take on LG's new E-Sports League.

Girgss has had a tremendous amount of success in the past with Pro Series and LG and he and his team hope to continue their success next year in NHL 18.

Girgss started playing NHL games on the N64, and started playing them consistently when NHL 09 came out. However, he didn't start playing 6s until NHL 12 and didn't start playing with the other BfD boys until NHL 14. Since then BfD has consistently dominated the EASHL scene, a trend surely to continue if they enjoy the beta.

BfD has had their fair share of rivalries over the years, when asked who he considered to be their biggest rivals Girgss said "On last gen it was definitely Nuge's team, NxU. We would always go back and forth with them in the chat box and whatnot. On new gen not really. I guess maybe with Composure in 16, we always had tough games with them, but it was never like our rivalry with NxU in terms of outside of the game." Girgss also mentioned how rivalries are what make the game fun, a statement echoed by many other top players. Girgss was also asked about a potential budding rivalry with Adversity to which he had this to say "A few of us went at it with a few of them for a little while. But I got over it quickly and I know most of the people have. I don't think anyone really cares anymore. Those guys have played the game a lot this past year and have gotten better since back when I played more consistently. They should be a fun team to play against next year." That should be a fun match-up to keep your eye on next season.

Girgss didn't have too much to say about the E Sports league, but he did say in order for it to have long term success it would need EA's involvement. He also said "If it's anything like the Pro Series that Nuge did, it should be good. Nuge did a good job with it, in my opinion." Well said Girgss, well said.

Keep an eye out for more interviews and team previews in the coming days.

• Like Like x 8
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. SiIky Johnson

SiIky Johnson Player Hater of the Year

Ratings:
    +484 / 23 / -52
    i expect more out of you, @LG Media. the image is longer than the interview.

how did we not get a #gamesucks ?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    silk_stalker
  3. Vaporize 17

Vaporize 17 Clamps Island

Discord:
    T1 Clamps#5322
    Ratings:
    +830 / 21 / -48
    bFd for life

• Like Like x 1
    Entering an Online Game
    Vaporize_17
  4. ReplayChr1s

ReplayChr1s Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +784 / 12 / -37
    Now that was a real game. I skipped through but I didn't see a single turd.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    Weird.

No Streaming Account
  6. APsychicTaco

APsychicTaco Scrub Goalie Supreme

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    1st goal, whiffed shot to instant pickup.
    2nd goal, dump play where the dman in 17 could break up with a chop. Glad to see a forward actually be able to keep ahead of a dman though.
    3rd goal, force through the slot. Goalie seems to be unable to move and gets a horrible animation.
    4th goal, puck literally hits the trapper and doesn't stay in. Good to see the skater actually be able to shoot off the pickup unlike 17.
    5th goal, first force is through two defenders in position, second force goes through a defenders' stick with zero breakup of the pass.
    6th goal, yellow unable to knock the pass away even though in proper position.
    7th goal, a good goal not much to say
    8th goal, yellow gets a clean stick lift and yet doesn't get the puck or hinder the possession.
    9th goal, one defender is literally on the passing lane and the other is all over the recipient of the pass. Another force.

Doesn't seem like a "real game" to me. Nor a good one. There were only maybe 3 goals (2,3,7) worth anything. The rest were just forced passes through several defenders in position. This game isn't the best example of NHL14, don't act like the game wasn't without its own major faults.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    APsychicTaco
  7. JohnForslxnd

JohnForslxnd Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +456 / 0 / -0
    Turds are definitely overused this year by less skilled teams, but if a group is willing to sacrifice an established zone attack to go for a low percentage rebound there's only so much EA can do. There are tools to defend against it such as the chop and A button tie up. Would like to see EA improve goalie reactions and rebound control to cut down on the effectiveness of turding, but ultimately it's up to the defense to adjust. Realizing a well placed rebound is your best option as opposed to forcing a pass or stick handling too much is an underrated skill.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account