Fair conditions for everyone

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Golf Tour - PS4' started by twolvesfan23, Sep 17, 2014.

1. twolvesfan23

twolvesfan23 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to have the same conditions for everyone? For the 2nd course this week (week 2) I have had 17 miles per hour winds. There is no way leaders have those same conditions. I am already 10 over and leaders finished at 33 under. What is going on?

No Streaming Account
  2. Criminal

Criminal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Unless HB changes things no. There is A LOT of feedback about wind speed on their forum especially for Tour/Tournament play to even things out.

No Streaming Account
  3. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    As mentioned, we have no control of the wind in tournaments unless HB Studios makes that possible.

fkncommishlb
  4. MLT24

MLT24 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Are you guys saying that the leaders might be playing with less than 16-17 mph winds? I can see it fluctuating a little and switching directions for everyone, but if you guys are saying the leaders may be playing with like 10 mph or less on same tournament I am getting 16-17 mph every hole, then I am sorry to say that is BS. Please tell me I am wrong and everybody gets something similar in wind speed. Would not make sense for it to be any other way.

No Streaming Account
  5. nevadaballin

nevadaballin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    It's a given that people are backing out when winds are strong. Who wants to play in 15mph when they don't have to?

I played my first round at Pilansburg in 10-12 mph but I did no start my 2nd round because of it. Hopefully it will be less than that when i log in today.

No Streaming Account
  6. MLT24

MLT24 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    WOW, tx for the info, I had no idea HB would do something so stupid as this!
    I too was thinking how are these guys shooting this well in this 17 mph wind, lol. I just thot, oh well, I need to get better. So now my -1 round 2 is looking better, lol. After I shot like +9 on the 1st round. Took me a while to get use to that wind, 1st time I ever saw anything about 11 mph in game.

No Streaming Account
  7. ooDROPPoo

ooDROPPoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    i suck reguardless.....but i suck worse with high winds!!!...think my first round was +20...lol..if i had 3 mph i could have easily shot +19..!!!

RRRIIGGGED....lmao

No Streaming Account
  8. nevadaballin

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    The way the game is set up, if you go into a round, a tour or a tournament and get to the first tee only to discover the winds are not to your liking, you can simply back out. At the main menu you will then see Continue Competition or Round and you go back into that game where you left off. This was implemented to counter disconnects while playing online games which makes sense. Since the weather is not static to when you started a round, you can wait a few hours and the wind conditions could be different.

I know that some people will load the course in a Play Now outside of the tour to check the weather instead of launching from the tour itself. If they like what they see, they back out of that and go into the tour.

There is discussion going on about having the tour creators set certain wind parameters for tours/tournaments. This would eliminate the drastic differences between players. The tour creator could set winds to be 1-6 or 7-10 or whatever range they wanted so it would apply to everyone. Hopefully this actually gets done and there can be a certain level of balance and reduce the opportunities to game the system.

No Streaming Account
  9. chrashbird

chrashbird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I played all 4 rounds of Pilansburg Wednesday morning and the wind was between 3-5mph. Had a wretched first round hitting into the water 3 times (twice on the same hole), kept finding the bunkers and couldn't putt to save my life for a +5.

I think I'd prefer the wind being set the same for everyone each round.

No Streaming Account
  10. rickypro333

rickypro333 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I would also like to see at least a smaller range of difference for everyone. I would not mind a 5 mph range for each tourney. I have been hurt by high winds and also been helped by playing in low winds but it seems unfair because not everyone has the time to come back multiple times until they get the wind they want.

No Streaming Account
  11. PsychoSon

PsychoSon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I thought it would be a given that the tour creator could set the wind speed. Only learnt early this week that it isn't the case. So I played the first week with winds between 12 - 15 mph, wondering why I was so much worse then most. This week I played with 3 - 6 mph and did a lot better. Still not spectacular, but better...

No Streaming Account
  12. bowld

bowld Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I guess I am the only idiot that just logged in and played my rounds without timing the wind... Almost all of my rounds were played in 12-17 MPH winds which explains why I am so far behind.

No Streaming Account
  13. nevadaballin

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0

lol.. you are not alone. I'll play with what I get when I first load the round (i.e., the double digit wind I had on round 1). But I may not play the next one. for me, it's like playing the next round on the next day - conditions change.

No Streaming Account
  14. rickypro333

rickypro333 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I do the same thing. Once I start a round I finish it but if the wind is low I am more than likely playing all 4 at once. :razz:

No Streaming Account
  15. mes5107

mes5107 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Tonight was the only time I could get my 4 rounds in at Pilansburg. 12-16 mph winds all four rounds. I hope there's an option for static winds for tours/tournaments in the next update. Not that I'm a world-beater, but I lost any chance at a T10 finish.

No Streaming Account
  16. HustlinOwl

HustlinOwl Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    nope I play lmao isnt that serious

No Streaming Account
  17. bouldazgmoney

bouldazgmoney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No Streaming Account