Favorite Teams

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by socalguy, Jul 28, 2004.

1. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, as we all know, there are a few hundred professional club teams in the world. More than that really, I know there are at least 500+ plus teams. However, most don't get that well of press coverage unless they are in the Top Division in their country.

So that brought me to my next thought...who do you guys follow in soccer?

As a country, I cheer for England whenever they are playing, in hopes they win as most do.

For club teams, my favorite is Middlesbrough, in North-East England. Earlier this month while I was travelling through Europe(England, Netherlands, and Portugal), I was staying here in Middlesbrough with my family. My mom's entire side of the family has lived in M'bro their entire lives, except for my mom who moved when she was 18.

Middlesbrough isn't the greatest of teams, but are on the rise. This last off-season, they made some big acquisitions, in transferring in Mark Viduka, an Australian striker who formerly played for Leeds United. The other 2 big acquisitions were Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink, another Dutch defender, over from Chelsea, who is also a striker, and then Michael Reiziger a Dutch Defender, over from Barcelona. So overall, we had a very good off-season.

No Streaming Account
  2. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well of course I always root for Sweden in international play.

In the Premiership I root for the Arsenal Gunners. I used to like Man U but as soon as they lost Beckham, favorite player besides Henry, I switched over.

The other teams that I enjoy watching and following are Juventus, Real Madrid, and the Celtic, and pretty much in that order.

I primarily watch Arsenal since the Premiership is the primary league shown on Fox Sports World.

No Streaming Account
  3. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I usually watch all of the soccer games. Still do watch some of the replays from the '03-'04 season. As for Real Madrid...I can't stand them. I know they are doing the exact same as Steinbrenner and the Yankees do, but they just snatched up Patrick Vieria from Arsenal. I mean they were going after Patrick Kluivert, but didn't end up getting them. Hopefully they do lose Beckham, and I hope he comes back to the Premiership.

No Streaming Account
  4. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeh I hope Beckham lands on Arsenal. That would just make my year. The only real reason I follow Real Madrid, is Beckham and Zidane.

No Streaming Account
  5. Skater

Skater LG Vet

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Manchester United of course.....When I lived in England I went to a few of their games, and those games have to be the most fun out of any sporting event I have ever been to.....Some other club teams I follow are Juventus, and AC Milan... As for a country team, I think it'd be obvious...England

No Streaming Account