Flaw in the game!

Discussion in 'LG World Tour' started by Babolat, Nov 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragin Wahoo

Ragin Wahoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree.

I like this idea of a "gentleman's" ban on the slow serve. Maybe you should take that idea somewhere tris10...

No Streaming Account
  2. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

MR PAPPAGI0RGIO Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: I agree.

Again, I don't think you should ban it outright. It is beatable, the gentelmans agreemant should be to not use it every time. Just one person tell me why it is wrong for me to use a slow serve to mix it up. On avg, I probably do it once per game. I mostly do the risk serve but I do slow serves to to mix it up.

No Streaming Account
  3. burlingtns best

burlingtns best Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    slowserve

Ban the slow serve outright!!! double tapping shouldn't be allowed but mixing in a slow serve should be ok. You can't expect people to risk it everytime but abusing this shot is bad sportsmanship.

No Streaming Account
  4. KineticZ

KineticZ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well if you wanna ban any type of serve, i say ban slices too cuz those damn things piss me off just the same...and then im sure someone will want whopping crosscourt topspin shots that are impossible to return banned as well...oh and for those net players who have 5 stars on the net, i think it should be banned to let them come to the net cuz they put every shot away...
    this is what I HEAR FROM EVERYONE...please ppl, just play the game.
    again, yes slow serves kick my @SS and id love for ppl not to do them, but then you are just paving the way for ppl to complain about something else.

No Streaming Account
  5. Ragin Wahoo

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yea it is kind of funny when some people responded to my thread about the weird serves initially saying things like "get over it, its part of the game....." Then later they complain about the exact same thing.... [-(

Lol, who gives a shit.....play ball:!:

No Streaming Account
  6. arfster

arfster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    if im not wrong, ragin probably wasn't trying to say 'poo'...

No Streaming Account
  7. TheAlphaOmega

TheAlphaOmega Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i've said b4...
    people are gonna use these cheesy serves or glitches or whatever

as long as its not consistent then i am fine w/ it...

me and rogerfederer had a little scuffle b/c i was beating him 6-0 first set then second set he was using the slow serve alot and so i retaliated by saying he had to resort to cheesiness b/c he couldn't do anything else...

next time we played it was a good match and he used it like maybe 5 times the whole match and that is fine

so the moral here is dont use it a lot and dont use it as a repetative last resort kinda strategy b/c you can do anything else to win...

this is my $2.50... :)

peace out

No Streaming Account
  8. dr_jim88

dr_jim88 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i tried that serve, but the only person i ever got it to work against was the computer, lol. Im gonna stick to risk serves thank you.

No Streaming Account
  9. Ragin Wahoo

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I want to throw in the last $2.77 that I have in my pocket concerning this topic. Well its just go give props to Terryaney, because he used the slow serve like twice the entire match.....which I've come to respect in this day of new age servers.

You trick servers are the new age players symbolized by ~*~*with sleeveless shirts like James Blake; whereas, us old school guys who just straight up play tennis with no tricks are the sampras and agassis... :laugh:

lol, peace!

No Streaming Account
  10. bowdown

bowdown Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Slow serve, volley, its part of the game. So far I havent had any problems returning the slow serve maybe its the way I build my guy:laugh: This is just a game trying to take away part of the game its not right IMOP. Its not like MGP where you go through walls or go backwards then it would be a flaw in the game. Imagine returing a serve and I make a whole in your racket now thats a flaw, glitch:D

No Streaming Account
  11. burlingtns best

burlingtns best Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL....it always kills me when rookies come in here and speak like they know what's going on.

No Streaming Account
  12. Master G 2003

Master G 2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't think there are many rookies in our league. Who ya talkin bout Willis :shock:

Lots of different views & opinions on this one. Man, today I played the drop shot & rush master. After almost every shot he would try it again. I had to fire a few tennis balls into his chest (risk shots) to straighten him out :D

No Streaming Account
  13. terryaney

terryaney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the props, but the only reason I used that slow serve is b/c you hit 'A' on my serve when you said you weren't going to then I was stuck ;) You did apologize for it once, but the few times I got caught using that I might have gotten lucky guesses on your return and won the point :oops:

No Streaming Account
  14. jackBURTON

jackBURTON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's hard to say what you should do - you really can't "OUTLAW" things in the game. Then maybe we should say no more drop shotting 140mph serves.

No Streaming Account
  15. azdef01

azdef01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: Flaw in the game

I'm sorry Babolat but I really didn't appreciate you using that weak / high-bouncing/ whatever it's called serve on me many times. As you could see during the match, the "normal" kick serve I did was easily put away by you while I had to either risk-shot your high-kicking serve or...risk-shot it. If you are going to disapprove of it on the forums where everyone can see then don't cheat the unlucky rule-abiding individuals you play in the future.

No Streaming Account
  16. Babolat

Babolat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I knew you were going to say something like that, and I did that because that is EXACTLY how you played me last time. You beat me because it was the first time that I ever saw anyone use that slow serve, and that serve where you "spoon" it over the net as a risk shot.

Just face it, I beat you at your own game. And please don't say that you didn't try the same thing because you tried, but I was ready. I just stayed back when you hit the weak serve over, and slammed it back like I was told to. It is beatable, which I found out the hard way. All you have to do is stay back BEHIND the baseline (a free tip for you). You should do the same.

I hate people that are hypocritical. Please recall how you beat me the first time. :evil: And it wasn't like I beat you in tie-breakers either. I broke your serve, with out any risk shots or anything like that, so please take you loss as a good sport, like I did when you beat me.

No Streaming Account
  17. azdef01

azdef01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I did not beat you the first time using the spoon serve whenever the game was close nor do I recall using the slow second serves.

And I'm sure hitting the ball behind the baseline, from either far corner, while you are already at the net will make a difference.

And over the course of this post I have cooled down a bit...the second LG rivalry ?

No Streaming Account
  18. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well Im sorry you feel that way, but there was no way I was playing you the same way as last time, and getting beat the same way. So please understand my "adjustments".

And you did use the same technique, and whether or not it was at critical points or not doesn't matter, it was used....period!

This glitch, that I talked about, isn't real tennis, but this game isn't based on those foundations. Its not like I use the slow serve everytime either. I used to to mix things up, and keep you on your toes, and thank God it worked. But to tell you the truth, its very beatable, as long as you keep the other player guessing. You can either mix it up (because I have to cover one side of the court, not both), or slam that risk shot at me, which worked 100% of the time.

Our rivalry is very welcome, and maybe we can practice whenever you want. Just please no hard feelings, its just a game.

Good luck in your other tourneys!

No Streaming Account
  19. Ragin Wahoo

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: Flaw in the game

BABOLAT SAID:

"So we need to figure out a solution for this, like no more hitting weak serves, and only going for risk serves like in real life."

I really do not understand this Babolat. First I made my own post speaking against these serves and you said something like "Deal with it. Its part of the game, so take it or leave it." Then you make your own post saying the quote above, speaking out against the trick serves....contradicting yourself. And then you do the exact same thing you were speaking against in your match with azdef...once again contradicting yourself? Before you start talking about hypocrisy, step back and look at your own words dude. I'm not trying to stir something up, but I just couldn't sit back and not say anything after observing this... Peace.

No Streaming Account
  20. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, this situation was all over until you opened your mouth, so let me clear this up.

The trick serve thing was talked about, and amongst everyone here, it was talked about being legal, and use-able (from being beatable). Its part of the game, so we should all deal with it. It IMPOSSIBLE to stop people from using it. If people are going to use it against me to win, then I will add this to my game to use it for my matches.

I made this post because that was the first time I tried serving that way, and it worked, winning me SOME points, NOT using it to win the whole match. And I though that it was kinda cheap, so I spoke out about it TRYING TO BAN IT! But people reacted and said it was beatable (which it is), so I decided to stick with it. Then I played Azdef, which beat me the first time using the spoon risk serve, and the slow serve out wide, so I thought I would try it myself, and it worked. Like I said, its a change of pace, and not to be used everytime, like it shouldn't be - as it WASN'T.

Believe me, I know a whole much more tennis then you will ever know, and I can honestly tell you that this way of playing isn't tennis. And when someone starts off using this (slow serve) against me, I will use that against them. Its part of the game, so I HAVE DEALT with it. Like you should.

No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.