Forfeits

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Shad9w, Jun 21, 2012.

1. VintageMC

VintageMC Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well there's a partial solution to all of this: Every member of every team should commit themselves to logging onto XBL for EVERY game they can. Even if you are not scheduled, log on. This will allow owners to see who is available for replacement if needed. I'm not saying it's realistic for every player to get online for every game. However if you do find you are sitting at home engaging in leisure, maybe do your team a favor and log on at game-time just to make sure they don't need a replacement.

With that said, I do think David's got the right idea too. However the owner, GM and team captain should all dedicate themselves to communicating effectively around game-time. It's unrealistic to expect the owner or the GM or the captain to individually manage each and every game. The responsibility needs to be spread and organized as such.

Teams need to establish to their players that if you are not online at 5 minutes before game-time, they will start to look for replacements. If the replacement is found, and the games played per week works out, that replacement will take their spot even if they show up late. In the future, these players failing to show up on-time or at all should be scheduled less by their owner as a means of punishment.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
    No Streaming Account
  2. worm42x10

worm42x10 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    you can click on all games you can make in the forums. then you show up as yellow even if you are not playing. so each team knows who can be a replacement if needed. this is the joy of the new scheduling system. and i do agree if you are sitting at home with no plans on a day off i would log on to see if they need one more. before i moved to overnights i was on for every game i was home for even when i wasn't supposed to play.

No Streaming Account
  3. worm42x10

worm42x10 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Grace Period:
    - Players should be in the lobby 5 minutes before the hour of game time when possible.
    - All Players will have a grace Period of 15 minutes to show up for their games.
    - Team "Host" should always notify the other team when a player(s) are running late
    - Respect others and their time and do not abuse this.

Players Responsibility:
    - All Players will post their availability Each Week
    - All Player must uphold the League Rules at all times
    - All Players Must show up and play their league games or risk losing your spot in the team

No Streaming Account
  4. Cromags21

Cromags21 LGBA Commissioner

Ratings:
    +187 / 0 / -0
    We are working on the NJD problem today. I am sorry guys, I had a good father day dionner to find out monday morning I got food poison from that good dinner. We will be sitting down today and talk about NJD and how we can move forward and fixing any of the teams issue of forfeits. Please bare with us as we do what we think is best for the league.

Thanks and glad to see that we have players who care about the teams and league.

No Streaming Account
  5. Knivessplash

Knivessplash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, but I think we only have 5 players on the team that actually sign up for games. me birro whispers scrappy and 1 more forget who.

No Streaming Account
  6. ProdigiousGirth

ProdigiousGirth Zdeno Charizard

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    and me but my xbox died ):
    so i got this amazing idea... i dont expect to get the money until mid-july... but if everybody in the league sends me $1.00 via mail... i can get a new xbox :D
    just kidding, i'll get a new one when i can :(

No Streaming Account