Please Vote! Fred T. Hunt Memorial Award

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by FrenchMoron, Aug 30, 2019.

?

Who should be the Fred Hunt winner in S33?

Poll closed Sep 2, 2019.
  1. l Freddy ll

45 vote(s)
    32.1%
  2. skyre5

7 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. TertleToes

21 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Dunks

7 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. Schreiny

9 vote(s)
    6.4%
  6. DudleyDoWright5

6 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. l Salty I

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. ASAP Jiren

34 vote(s)
    24.3%
  9. Gthumbz42o

11 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    [​IMG]

Nominees:

@l Freddy ll LD
    Grand Rapids Griffins:team299:
    14-10-3 // 5 Goals 23 Assists 28 PTS // +6
    61 Hits // 20 PIMS

After a down season stats wise, Freddy is 4 wins away from a Calder Cup triumph. Often recognized as one of the best defensemen in the LGAHL, he doesn't stop there and is also known for having one of the best personalities in the league.

"On the ice Freddy is anything but gentlemanly with his elite puck skills, but off the ice he is one of the nicest people in LG and it has been a pleasure to have him has a AGM this season." -@DEC3PTIVE 1

/ / / / / / / / / /

@skyre5 C
    Charlotte Checkers:team393:
    19-6-2 // 38 Goals 48 Assists 86 PTS // +43
    91 Hits // 6 PIMS

It's no surprised to anyone that has been around to see this guy on this list. Season after season he quietly leads his team in just about every category, but also finds a way to make an impact on the people around him. The man who not only had to deal with Nxgi and The Broche, but also decided that wasn't enough of a burden and took charge of the Awards Committee for this season. Sadly enough, I wasn't able to get a quote from @The Broche because it's only been less than a week since I have asked people for one.

/ / / / / / / / / /

@TertleToes LW
    Bridgeport Sound Tigers:team315:
    20-7-1 // 45 Goals 27 Assists 72 PTS // +19
    47 Hits // 2 PIMS

As if TertleToes' record and offensive statistics didn't look great enough in his rookie season, he somehow managed to only go to the box once in 28 games.

"Tertle is easily the nicest guy I've ever played with, between managing to be able to find time to play warm ups and gain chemistry he also is in I believe his 6th year of an 8 year scholarship program. The guy is basically up almost 20-21 hours a day on no sleep and I don't think ive ever seen him be negative towards anyone. With high standards both off the ice and on he is easily deserving of this award." - @l SaIty I

/ / / / / / / / / /

@Dunks RD
    Colorado Eagles :team625:
    21-4-3 // 3 Goals 28 Assists 31 PTS // +50
    214 Hits // 24 PIMS

Managing a 124 points team is no easy task, but doing so while conducting yourself in professional matter is just what Dunks did this season. This doggo lover is also in the run for the Eddie Shore this season. While he did not seem to be as "Gentleman-Like" on the ice, he definitely made up for it off the ice.

"I didn't nominate myself, but I've won it before, why not again?" - @Dunks

/ / / / / / / / / /

@Schreiny C-LW
    Iowa Wild :team362:
    20-5-1 // 29 Goals 30 Assists 59 PTS // +22
    66 Hits // 2 PIMS

Whether he is playing Center or Left Wing, all Schreiny does is collect W's so far in his career in the LGAHL. He's also doing it in the nicest way possible, accumulating only 4 PIMS in 53 regular season games played, 2 PIMS in each of his two season. It also seems like he is not only kind on the ice, but off the ice as well.

"Schreiny, although likes to keep to himself, during the entire season win or lose the dude has no quit and the dude believes and wants nothing but the best for his team. He also loves to engage in classy conversation with others if they are not hostile towards him." - @Scylla1630

/ / / / / / / / / /

@DudleyDoWright5 RW
    Laval Rocket :team778:
    9-14-5 // 21 Goals 12 Assists 33 PTS //
    67 Hits // 42 PIMS

Now some might look at this statline and wonder with Dudley is on here, but for anyone that has been around for the past 2 seasons, what he has been able to accomplish is definitely worth mentioning. An 81 Points season that has seen him only a few points out of playoffs at the deadline where he needed to sell due to some players asking out. This season was definitely a GIGANTIC jump from the 35 points that this Rocket team put up in S32. Dudley hardly ever has anything bad to say about anyone although very aware of his past struggles. He does things right and is why you see him on here.

"Dudley is deserving of the nice guy award because when it comes to managing there is truly no one nicer. Aware of the negativity and criticism that floats on his name he still remains respectful to players, staff and the league as a whole. With everyone counting him out from the very beginning he still tries his very best despite the obstacles he constantly has to avoid." - @l SaIty I

/ / / / / / / / / /

@l SaIty I LD
    Bridgeport Sound Tigers :team315:
    18-8-2 // 2 Goals 20 Assists 22 PTS // +9
    116 Hits // 6 PIMS

6 PIMS in NHL 19 as a defenseman is quite impressive. All while putting up 18 wins for a Sound Tigers team that fought until the very end in the crazy Eastern Atlantic Division. But what he did on the ice not the only reason why this Salty Sailor was nominated for this award.

"Salty lives by the golden rule of treating those the way you want to be treated and anyone that treats him decent, he will always return that favor. A true scholar of the AHL and great face to be represented as a recipient of the Fred Hunt Award." - @Brisan x6

/ / / / / / / / / /

@ASAP Jiren C
    Ontario Reign :team517:
    18-5-1 // 26 Goals 34 Assists 60 PTS // +31
    46 Hits // 4 PIMS

The Ontario Reign, although well built from the beginning, was always a bit of a darkhorse in the league. Shoutbox presence was low (Until they got FIFA). Jiren was a big reason why they had so much success and did so while conducting himself about as well as anyone could on and off the ice.

"ASAP Jiren is a class act who would do anything for anyone. Knowing him for 6 short months I’ve already gotten the impression that he’s a true guys’ guy and would give you the shirt off his back even if he’s only known you for five minutes. Always positive, always enthusiastic, and always willing to listen twice and speak once. Can’t find that much more in LG." - @ChiToWnB3atD0wN

/ / / / / / / / / /

@Gthumbz42o RD
    Colorado Eagles :team625:
    23-3-2 // 0 Goals 22 Assists 22 PTS // +28
    128 Hits // 24 PIMS

The other half of the Colorado Eagles management is listed here. What a class act of an organization they have been this season. While Gthumbz wasn't a finalist for the Eddie Shore this season, anyone who's had to play LW against him in the LGAHL knows they're in for a frustrating matchup. From the Bridgeport guys last season to the Colorado pals this season, not a whole lot of negative has ever come out when it come the the personality Gthumbz brings to the table.

"Thumbz told me at the beginning of the season that he wanted to do minimal management stuff and ended up doing most everything on a week to week basis. He's always been a good friend and manager season after season but he stepped up in a big way for the Eagles when I had some personal stuff going on and couldn't fulfill my duties. Some would say he's solely responsible for the Eags turning their season around after week 2..." - @Dunks

/ / / / / / / / / /

REMINDER that the Community Vote will count as 1 ballot in the committee.
    1st place gets 5 points, 2nd place gets 3 points and 3rd place gets 1 point.
    Congrats to all the nominees.

This poll will close in 3 days.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Nxgi

Nxgi Dogshit.

Ratings:
    +779 / 133 / -212
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Dip City Don

Dip City Don AKA Lynn Guini

Discord:
    Don#7945
    Ratings:
    +115 / 6 / -7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    DipCityDon
  4. ChiToWnB3atD0wN

ChiToWnB3atD0wN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +633 / 6 / -14
    @ASAP Jiren is a horrendous Monopoly player but he more than makes up for it with his party presence and lunch recommendations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    chitownb3atd0wn
  5. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    140 votes and not a single one. feelsbadman :sadegg:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account