PSN Future Of LG Hockey, PSN Edition

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by LG-McDonald, Dec 18, 2016.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852

Part Two Pod cast with @tsibs88.

In case you missed it, check it! Below will be the notes from the video!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Site Improvement

• Pick em system getting an update to show case the results better for those users whom are utilizing this tool
    • We are adding a 1v1 comparison plug in. This feature will allow users to pick a member and from there showcase your personal record verse a friend or foe.
    • Xenforo has posted some interesting 2.0 patch notes. We are exploring the possibility of upgrading and what these new upgrades would mean for us as a website.
    • We are still heavily involved in looking into adding a more media/information "home page" for LG. This will be more user friendly for new players as well as show case all the leagues and things we do for LG better.
    • We are reviewing some suggestions that the community is making. There will also be a community "Wish List" posted shortly to get a better handle on what the PSN community would like to see. I know the managers are interested in seeing a site integrated live chat system. Similar to Facebook.
    LGHL
    • Owner applications are now open fro S4. Unsure how many Owners we have returning so we don't have numbers on how many available spots we have to fill.
    • Quick reference job description has been added to the Application thread. Be sure to read and review that prior to applying for Ownership.
    • Looking a few rule adjustments. Forfeits/Game Night procedures needs to be adjusted to better suit Club Challenge/PIN System. There are new challenges that have arose from these new feature that we utilize to run the league. Therefore some adjustments needs to be made.
    • Owner's will be expected to communicate and work better with their AHL GMs to address some concerns some of the AHL managers have in regards to managing their own roster.
    • The 5 million dollar AGM experiment from the Xbox League will not be implemented for the PSN side. The depth of talent and managers isn't deep enough to support these system effectively.
    • Ban Buyouts is a hot topic that has been debated. Many want to see a "Minimum" ban length, so this would not allow players to return in the same season they were issued a ban.
    • Forfeits needs to be addressed differently. 1431 games have been played in the NHL this season. Out of the total number of games 53 resulted in forfeits. That is ~4% of all games scheduled were a forfeit. Obviously DET was a major contributor to these issues.
    • Game Night Procedures will get cleared up, and posted publicly to the community to ensure EVERYONE understands these are the deadlines and this is where the games are going to be played.
    • Players will be reminded that quitting LG games for other "Leagues" will result in three season bans. We are not going to deem those actions acceptable in any situation.
    • I personally am looking to better promote LG and promote the League to grow the brand on PSN. Obviously we have a ton of potential to make this league bigger and better.
    LGAHL
    • There will be more posts and discussion to address the AHL / NHL Owner relationship to ensure that some of these AHL concerns can be addressed.
    • Hoping to have enough numbers that we do not need to rely on Prospects to fill out the AHL for S4. That will require more Promotion from AHL GMs to bring in players whom are Vs or As back to LG for a second or third season.
    • The 3 million dollar AGM from the Xbox side will not carry over to the AHL this season.
    • AHL saw 41 forfeits out of 1431 games. That is ~2.8% of games resulted in a forfiet. That is AWESOME, my goal is under 2%.
    LGCHL
    • We are looking to expand the CHL for S4. I'd love to see us DOUBLE our CHL Owners thereby allowing us to offer 40-50 CHL teams.
    • I am looking to adding more depth to our "How To" threads and be sure our new managers are better supported.
    • I am gong to reach out to the CHL Community and really explain the TC process as well as promote jumping to management to ensure that you will be able to play games and not sit on a TC.
    • The best way to grow the League is via the CHL. By hiring a high number of Owners in the CHL and tell them to maintain their ownership they need to recruit will allow the league to grow quickly.
    • We saw 18 forfeits out of a total of 810 games which is ~2.2%
    Pro Series
    • Forfeit numbers were ALARMING! We saw 130 forfeits which is ~25% of all games not being played.
    • I'd like to evaluate the preset schedule system vs a challenge system. There are some neat formulas out there to ensure that just grinding games doesn't allow teams to work their way high up the leader boards. Things like "how many times you've played a certain team" and "your record vs the record of the team you are playing"
    • The length of Pro Series seems to drag out and on WAY TOO MUCH! I think that is why many guys lose interest because they are out of the mix way to early on resulting in forfeits and the League dying off.
    • Expansion would be sweet. Bringing in new 6s clubs would allow us to hopefully filter more players to the simulation Leagues.
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Overall I am extremely impressed and happy to see the direction that the PSN league has gone. Season Three has been more successful than season one and two combine in my eyes. We really saw managers take accountability for their own actions and truly buy into our systems and structure.

Obviously NHL 17 is causing some players grief which may see the sign up numbers dip off, but my intention is to continue down this path and offer the best 6v6 experience possible with the cards we have been dealt.

Two major aspect we can drastically improve the PSN experience on would be; League Promotion as well as a SONY API similar to our @XboxID system we currently utilize. If anyone has contacts at sony and want to help us make the league better, by all means let me know! And if any of our graphics or video guys have a cool idea for a PSN LG Commercial that you think could help us bring in more players by all means come to me with your ideas.

The last point I want to make clear, is that I have an open door policy. Anytime you want to talk or want to address something directly with me, by all means let me know. I do find it difficult not having a PSN and still maintaining a relationship with this League. But anytime anyone has ideas or wants to discuss anything related to the League let me know! Any league related questions or issues, I more than likely CC our staff as well, but for the most part I should be able to help you with anything you want to know.

I wanted to take the time to wish everyone a Happy Holidays!
    -Brodie

Current Important Threads:

NHL Owner Applications
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/inde...-owner-application.247519/page-3#post-1557256

Staff Applications
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/inde...ason-4-staff-application.247321/#post-1556120

AHL Management Applications
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/inde...4-management-application.247561/#post-1557685

CHL Owner Applications!
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/lgchl-official-season-4-owner-application.247559/

PSN Community Site and League "Wish List"
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/psn-community-league-and-site-wish-list.247624/

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial