* New * Future of the PS4 CHL Hockey; Community Discussion

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Canadian Hockey League (LGCHL PSN)' started by LG McDonald, Dec 15, 2017.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Ratings:
    +10,675 / 66 / -494
    As the 5th season of CHL hockey on the PSN side of LG begins the second round of the playoffs, I have to admit this has been a very productive season. With the CHL being our entry level league for new talent, this is where our League will continue to grow and change. Those of you whom play or have played CHL hockey on the Xbox side of the League, none of these ideas and future changes are going to surprise you. With the CHL brand of hockey on Xbox being the blue print for our PSN league, its just a matter of time before the leagues line up and offer the exact same experience.

Without further ado, check out these future ideas:

*All changes are subject to League Sign Up Numbers*

#1 Change to the Player Status Script
    • Current rules state a player whom completes 15 CHL games, OR is drafted will be graduated from Prospect status to Amateur status. *This is conditional of a player completely the previous season on a CHL roster(active or TC)*
    • The proposed change would see the 15 game rule change to a 48 game rule(two complete CHL seasons. Current season is eight weeks long, and three games a week = 24 games PER season)
    • Playoff games WOULD count towards the total of 48 games.
    • Pre-season WOULD NOT count to the total
    Benefit to the Change?
    • Prospect players would remain in the CHL for a MINIMUM of two seasons UNLESS drafted.
    • This would allow us to add a small contract system to the CHL post bidding.
    • Adds more value to the NHL Entry Draft
    • More prospect players for the CHL for next season.
    Cons to this Change?
    • Regardless of when this change is implemented, some players whom assumed they would be gaining amateur status' based on the 15 game rule potentially will not gain amateur status when they assumed they would.
    • NHL Owners may feel they their draft picks traded prior to this change now have more value than what they traded them for.
    • Low prospect player numbers for next season.
    Community Thoughts on #1? *copy this when you respond*

#2 Positional Lock?!?
    • Current rules are that we do not require a positional lock in the CHL.
    • Rule change would mean a forward(C-RW-LW) can ONLY play a forward position. A defender(LD-RD) can ONLY play defence, and a goalie can ONLY play goalie.
    • Managers would be considered a "utility" player, allowing them to play any position.
    • ECUs from the TC can ECU at ANY position.
    • We likely would offer a positional change period(48 hours after sign up) for new sign ups, whom sign up AFTER bidding to allow them to optimize their playing time by selecting a position in need.
    Benefits of this Change?
    • Competitive level of the league will increases having players HAVE to sign up for the position in which they play best.
    • Benefits bidding so players do not sign up at a position they DO NOT play to try and lower their personal value
    • Ensures CHL players do not sign up for a random position to avoid a call up to the NHL or AHL
    Cons to this Change
    • The only con I can think of would be in regards to sign up numbers. Obviously I want us to maintain our number of teams. If anything I'd like to expand teams sooner than later. We could likely be low on defense, which will require our Managers to recruit more defenders.
    Community Thoughts on #2? *copy and paste this with your response*

#3 Adjustments to a Player's Salary When Randomly Assigned

• Current rule states any player whom signs up after AHL bidding goes live that has an amateur or veteran status will be assigned a pink RA next to his or her name on the roster page. This designation is used to give managers a visual indication for players whom may or may not be eligible for call up.
    • Rule also states any player whom signs up AFTER CHL bidding, or any player not won in CHL bidding shall be assigned to the CHL Training Camp on a one season, 500k contract(these players cannot be resigned at any tier)
    • The proposed change would see players whom normally are assigned to the training camp at a 500k contract would be assigned with the salary value in relationship to their last contract. As an example, I am currently 3.75. So if I signed up late I wouldn't be assigned at 500k, I would be assigned at 3.75.
    • All brand new players to LG would still be assigned at 500k.
    • All Xbox players signed up late for PS4 hockey would be assigned with their last PS4 salary, if they do not have one, they will be assigned their last Xbox salary.
    Benefits to this Change
    • Rules already state these players cannot be resigned.
    • This will hold a truer value to a late sign up to help balance out teams whom benefit from the 500k warriors of the curent system.
    • Should encourage players to sign up on time to get a better value via bidding.
    • Visual identification of potentially what the player's true value is. Some players may sign up late but their team doesn't realize how good the player was. Salary can be an indication to help teams trade for better value.
    Cons to this Adjustment
    • Requires some site programming adjustments(takes time)
    Community Thoughts on #3? *copy and paste this with your response*

#4 Expansion Possibilities?

As the site continues to grow and gain popularity so does the desire for us to add more teams for more players to experience what LG has to offer. The current CHL Memorial Cup can be a hectic week and messy set up which does open the door and ideas to possibility adding a "forth" league to accompany the OHL,WHL, and QMJHL.

With NHL 18 currently having the ECHL in the system, it does look to be the best option in regards to adding a 4th league to our CHL tier.

I realize it does break out "simulation" aspect, but personally I like the idea of offer more playing time holds more value than being 100% simulation.

Right now one ECHL team is being used in the AHL allowing for a possible 26 additional teams. Each team having 17 active players, that would allow for 442 players an opportunity to play full time and make the CHL the largest league here on LG.

Community Thoughts on #4? *copy and paste this with your response*

#5 Increased in Development Team Involvement and Activities

I've flirted with the idea of having the Dev team as full on staff positions that work hand in hand with our BOG and CHL Commissioner @Rockgosu4

I also really like the idea of having our senior CHL owners dedicated to League growth be the contributing factors that keep this Dev system running. In my eyes if future NHL titles 3v3 events that where team owners would scheduled their TCs vs our team's TCs to help showcase new players. Therefore we could have Thursday Night 3s, where the Northbay TC takes on the Ottawa TC, best of three, 3v3.

The Dev team would then be responsible for having games in the system, but our owners would do the scheduling.

This could open the eyes of CHL Owners, giving them a taste of what an NHL Owner deals with having two teams to handle.

Then our World JR Event would be to ensure those members of our community whom are not active during the playoffs due to being eliminated could remain active in a sanction LG event.

We could also look at running a 3v3 or 6v6 (even both) event or tournament that showcases the draft class each season prior to the NHL Entry Draft.

Development is a major key to League growth and we need to continue to have this team active!

Community Thoughts on #5? *copy and paste this with your response*

I'd like to heard your thoughts and ideas on these five items! Let me know how soon you think we can implement these things and if you feel they would benefit our CHL.

Also if you have other ideas, now is the time to post your ideas as well!

Thanks for your time and continued dedication to LG!
    -Brodie

• Like Like x 11
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. Land-Creature

Land-Creature Left Defense

Discord:
    LandCreature#5515
    Ratings:
    +34 / 7 / -8
    I got to say I think adding the ECHL is a great idea. Also 48 games sounds a lot better I thought 15 was a bit short.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    LandCreature
  3. TH3 0N3 l24l

TH3 0N3 l24l 3on3

Discord:
    th3_0n3 l24l#6628
    Ratings:
    +177 / 18 / -18
    Being a former xbox guy im excited to see the psn side adapting more to be more similar to the current xbox structure.

Being part of the current tc dev team i like the sounds of the developement ideas on the way.

**** app still needs to be more psn friendly if at all possible***

• Like Like x 3
    th3_0n3_l24l
  4. nickyP1999

nickyP1999 West Coast Best Coast

Discord:
    NickyP#1999
    Ratings:
    +321 / 28 / -47
    Love the ideas.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    nickyP1999
  5. Bmottly

Bmottly Erie Otters AGM LD #39

Discord:
    bmottly#2214
    Ratings:
    +46 / 16 / -5
    Good idea

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    bmottly
  6. Bmottly

Discord:
    bmottly#2214
    Ratings:
    +46 / 16 / -5
    Unless the player was over bid last season

bmottly
  7. Bmottly

Discord:
    bmottly#2214
    Ratings:
    +46 / 16 / -5
    YES!!!

• Like Like x 1
    bmottly
  8. xDudester

xDudester I’m better than you :)

Ratings:
    +158 / 21 / -55
    #1 - maybe not 48 games, I feel around 30 is a good amount. Some players are too skilled to be in the CHL for 48 games, which they may not even reach in the 2 season expectation. Like all the other changes though, especially the salary one.

• Like Like x 2
    TheRealDudester
  9. xTaek

xTaek Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -5
    Like all the changes, the late signup is awesome makes it harder to hide, position lock.. yesssss should have aways been. Well done.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  10. rat48180

rat48180 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    R.A.T#6541
    Ratings:
    +74 / 18 / -19
    I think if you decide to go with the position locked I think you should try it during the summer league and then go from there because there's a less people

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    rat48180
  11. Hiasdamoon

Hiasdamoon Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

48 Seems like a lot- however it should strength the overall quality of the CHL- midseason move ups would be fewer.

I don't know- the quality of play down here isn't that great and overall involvement seems lackluster- a lot of TCs sign up but aren't ever around- perhaps if on a roster would be better, but thats a lot of hope...

• Like Like x 2
    hiasdamoon
  12. SnipeSter16

SnipeSter16 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 5 / -1

As the site continues to grow and gain popularity so does the desire for us to add more teams for more players to experience what LG has to offer. The current CHL Memorial Cup can be a hectic week and messy set up which does open the door and ideas to possibility adding a "forth" league to accompany the OHL,WHL, and QMJHL.

With NHL 18 currently having the ECHL in the system, it does look to be the best option in regards to adding a 4th league to our CHL tier.

I realize it does break out "simulation" aspect, but personally I like the idea of offer more playing time holds more value than being 100% simulation.

Right now one ECHL team is being used in the AHL allowing for a possible 26 additional teams. Each team having 17 active players, that would allow for 442 players an opportunity to play full time and make the CHL the largest league here on LG.

Community Thoughts on #4? *copy and paste this with your response*

Yes!!!

• Like Like x 2
    dyl_x_17
  13. Nyl x 29

Nyl x 29 Слизы баллак

Discord:
    Nylander#4206
    Ratings:
    +187 / 17 / -23
    I think this is something that should be implemented at the beginning of a season, but sounds like a great idea

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    vNylander
  14. mikelong11

mikelong11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Could you clarify this? Does this mean draft eligibility is NOT 48 games? It would be cool if this was the case. NHL teams could choose to put their drafted players back in the CHL if they weren't over 48 games. Mimics real life.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Nyl x 29

Nyl x 29 Слизы баллак

Discord:
    Nylander#4206
    Ratings:
    +187 / 17 / -23
    The idea of adding another league would be pretty cool although if we want to continue the "realism" of drafting, memorial cup, etc.. Then adding the ECHL would totally disregard that. Adding maybe college teams, or a european league in the mix may help, but if another junior league was to be added it would be nice if it was a league on par with the CHL.

• Like Like x 1
    vNylander
  16. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Ratings:
    +10,675 / 66 / -494
    Risk the player takes.. and it’s still better than 500k for all players.
    Which with 50/60 CHL teams making the playoffs in two seasons an active roster player will 98% reach the total and if not they can be drafted to move up..
    As a CHL player from 0-48 games(including the season you surpass 48 games) you are draft eligible.

So a stud may play 5 games and get drafted where someone else may take three seasons to get to 48 games and gets drafts in his third crack at the draft

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  17. Halfy

Halfy Internet Virgin

Ratings:
    +499 / 55 / -46
    Please god don’t add the ECHL to the CHL tier. It’s not there in real life. That’s aids. DEFINITE NO from me. Add it under the AHL if you want it.

It almost seems banana league like

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  18. Jbturf69

Jbturf69 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 13 / -12

I like the Idea of expansion but also agree defense will be the key to success. We need more players that sign up for Defense and prefer the position.

Also the ECHL should be same as real life. A Professional League. A place for players that have played 48 games or returning veterans that do not get bid on in the AHL NHL bids. And a place for draft picks to improve without becoming a tc in the CHL.

Keep the CHL amateur 21 yrs old max. So say 3 seasons on CHL roster must move on to Pro hockey.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    jbturf69
  19. berardomauro95

berardomauro95 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BerardoMauro95#8445
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -4

love how it will be 48 games kinda adds more of a real life feel to it. also does that count for only new users or can it be for people that are in the CHL at the moment... for example myslef... i have well over 15 games... if i dont get drafted this season will i still remain a prosepct becasue i have to reach 48, or is my number still 15

Berardomauro95
  20. Land-Creature

Land-Creature Left Defense

Discord:
    LandCreature#5515
    Ratings:
    +34 / 7 / -8
    I also want to add that it might not be too long before you see the USHL in EA NHL. So the ECHL could be the fourth junior league until that comes then put the E under the A and move the U into place. Just saying I wouldnt be surprised to see the U in NHL in upcoming years. On a side note there are many reasons that the U isnt linked to the memorial cup in real life and none of them are very good.

LandCreature