* New * Future of the PS4 CHL Hockey; Community Discussion

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Canadian Hockey League (LGCHL PSN)' started by LG McDonald, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Bonvie7

Bonvie7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -3
    This sums up perfectly what I was about to post. I couldn’t agree more.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. PEACEKEEPER500

PEACEKEEPER500 Member

Discord:
    PEACEKEEPER500#9660
    Ratings:
    +11 / 2 / -6
    The point that I'm making is if your a prospect you can't be called up or be put into the draft because you don't have the required games and I'm pretty sure I am in the top 120 prospects btw and isn't there going to be a 48 game requirement to even be put in the draft like if you were in last year and I got 39 games this year but I won't be able to go up because in my career I have 42 games

PEACEKEEPER5OO
  3. lx Horty xl

lx Horty xl S31 Bakersfield GM

Discord:
    lx Horty xl#0284
    Ratings:
    +604 / 35 / -68
    No you can play 2 games in your career and go into the draft. That was my point. Get your name out there or return to the CHL for another season. After 2-3 seasons if you haven’t been drafted you’re going to really have to get better before you get called up. You could be 10 seasons in CHL if you are a TC. If you don’t play any games that is.

Get in the chat box, sign up for scouting games and development games and if you are decent you will get your chance. There’s bad players at all levels. But because they’ve been around and are known they are more likely to get a shot. As a guy who manages a lot, I am way more likely to grab a name in the draft then an unknown.

Maybe you’re not an unknown, I have no idea as I’m not as familiar with PS4

Good luck

• Like Like x 1
    Hortonownsu
  4. Rings_LX

Rings_LX Revive the Chiefs

Discord:
    Rings_LX (RW)#5020
    Ratings:
    +124 / 15 / -16
    1. I believe this would be a good move, not only from a management prospective, but mostly becasue it will keep the CHL competitive and high with numbers.
    2. no, some new people come into the league and are able to try out all positions to find where they fit on a team, it will usually be their position for the rest of their LG career, if anything this hurts the CHL for being open to player diversity.
    3. Why hurt players and teams for calling up players on in higher tier league.
    4. ??? PSN already struggles to find players. Maybe this is more of a XBOX league question.
    5. I feel that this would be a good idea for those players within the TC depth chart of a team.

RINGS_LX
  5. PEACEKEEPER500

PEACEKEEPER500 Member

Discord:
    PEACEKEEPER500#9660
    Ratings:
    +11 / 2 / -6
    Alright thanks buddy I didn't know you could be drafted at anytime thank you for clearing that up

• Like Like x 1
    PEACEKEEPER5OO
  6. Jbturf69

Jbturf69 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 13 / -12

I 100% agree that this is good idea not only for LG but the CHL.

That being said. From a management stand point. CHL teams should be allowed to keep 3-5 prospects that have yet to hit there 48 game mark.

Would be more true to reality. Major Junior players don’t typically change teams every season.

Also if one of our CHL players does get drafted and does not get a roster spot on there NHL team (very common). Then the player should be allowed to come back to his CHL team for 1 season without interference. The Players rights would still be held by his NHL Team.

Players typically like playing with other players there familiar with. This would be a whole new world to the CHL. True rivalries. Dynasty’s and bad managed door mats.

1. Yes to 48 games and no grandfather clause.
    2. Allow CHL clubs keep (Prospects) until they reach amateurs status. Agreed by both player and owner.
    3. Allow Draft picks that do not make NHL roster to come back to there CHL club for 1 season.

Jbturf69

• Like Like x 1
    jbturf69
  7. smooth_op41

smooth_op41 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +200 / 54 / -72
    Perma ban all caught with second tags. Make this a rule. Then they know if the do it the could have a life time ban. Also if caught cheating eg. Bcrea make them serve there ban and then have to buy it out at the end. Let’s put a end to the bullshit.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  8. berardomauro95

berardomauro95 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BerardoMauro95#8445
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -4

I agree with this 100%, if you make it a amatuer and vet league, it makes the chl the sole division for prospects which means it will copy the way it works in real life... another thing that could possibly work is making everyone randomly assgined to an ECHL team instead of the AHL so the AHL can only be for nhl team prospects... also the echl links with the ahl and nhl in real life, every nhl team has an nhl affilate and every nhl team has an echl affilate, there is a website for all of this.

https://www.echl.com/directory

so a quick ladder ranking of it would be

1.) NHL (NHL PLAYERS, ALSO DRAFT PICKS WHO MAKE NHL OUT OF CAMP AND PLAYER SIGNINGS(BIDDING PLAYERS))
    2.) AHL (PLAYERS DRAFTED THAT THE NHL WANTS TO DEVELOP AND PLAYERS THAT HAVENT BEEN SENT BACK TO JUNIOR (CHL) FROM NHL TEAM)
    3.) ECHL (AMATUER AND VETERAN LEAGUE... WITH SOME DRAFT PICKS THAT NHL TEAMS FEEL ARENT GOOD ENOUGH FOR AHL BUT TOO GOOD FOR CHL)
    4.) CHL (ALL PROSPECTS... ALSO PLAYERS THAT GOT SENT BACK TO JUNIOR FROM NHL)

Also a rule for leagues should be the same as the actaul hockey... where you should only be aloud to play in junior if you are a draft pick or you have under the 48 game mark. (making it a prospect and draft pick league) then if you go undrafted and become an amatuer , you get put into NHL bidding then AHL bidding then ECHL bidding. if still nothing then you should be a ECHL TC.

maybe even making a rule say a player doesn get drafted... an NHL team can offer him a contrct becasue he is now a free agent and say he chooses to accept the contract he could be put into that nhl teams ECHL affiliate. and to make sure nhl teams arent just offerning contracts left right and center... just give them a budjet so for example every team has, say 5 mil to only use for free agent, contracts only.

This would then make LG legit like the saying i use when people ask me to describe it... "Real life but in a video game"

reply on your thoughts or even send me a direct message on what you think

• Like Like x 2
    Berardomauro95
  9. John_SheIdon

John_SheIdon Well-Known Member

Discord:
    John Sheldon#9411
    Ratings:
    +697 / 7 / -22
    I've read the proposed "Future of the PS4 CHL Hockey" changes & I like them. In my opinion with a growing league comes the need to implement changes to the current structure. I am looking forward on seeing these changes come within the next few seasons & I will support whatever decision is made to accommodate these changes. The CHL is a introduction league to the LG & is in my opinion one of the most IMPORTANT aspects of the LG as far as developing talent ranging from being a TC player to Owner. You can learn a lot of information in regards to how the league runs in order to get others ready for the NHL / AHL level. ​

• Like Like x 1
    John_SheIdon
  10. bnoser49

bnoser49 styling and profiling WOOOOOOOOO!

Ratings:
    +341 / 25 / -62
    Permanent bans probably won't happen, $$ helps keep site going and gives Tris some scratch for his hard work.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. JaG83D83

JaG83D83 S8 Saginaw Spirit Owner

Discord:
    JaGGeD_da_InFaMoUs#0520
    Ratings:
    +72 / 58 / -92
    Community Thoughts on #5?

with regards to development i think the whole concept of what a TC is needs to be reviewed and revamped altogether. You need to allow for more opportunities to move up to roster status without feeling like they have to be the friends of the existing team and its members. the current system and how its set up can leave a TC aka NEW MEMBER to league quite lost at times and directionless. using the discord and staying active has its ups and downs as well as you sometimes have to be annoying about things to get in to play a few games,of practice to the team, but to a TC its a tryout each and every time. It makes it very difficult to mesh with a group of guys and develop any chemistry at all, especially if theres a QnA session happening while your practicing with them so judgment may be passed using the TMZ Test of Popularity. Or worse you only get the opportunity to practice with the team in a different position then what you signed up for because one of the rosters wasn't able to be on at any given time. Which forces you out of your comfort zone and depending on the seriousness of the player and how competitive they are , it may or may not jeopardize their show of skill. To make it all worse , TC's get traded around the league a lot and for no good reason other than the same one almost every time and thats "the team we traded you to will be a better fit and allow for more opportunity at making it on roster.Good Luck."
    That makes it way more difficult to mesh and build chemistry. and it def isnt long enough to get to feel the vibe out and know eachother. For me I got traded through 4 teams in my first ever LG season which was last season. I ended up on the Pats and decided to switch it up and go from RW to RD. i was always active on the discord to see who was on and practicing, and i used it to get to know people. i refrained from spamming it with game requests more than anything else. But just becasue it began to pan out for me at the end of my first season does not necessarily mean it would be so with someone else. In fact i have met a lot of people who have been discouraged by the TC system not because they were soar losers and they couldnt hack it , but because they didnt know if they were coming or going and the confusion it created.

This is a problem for a lot of reasons but for me i think its a problem for the leagues growth and the overall image of it and its entirety. Now the question of what to do about it . i think a TC League of its own should be implemented into the system and a just and fair process should be designed to distinguish which players have what it takes to be in a structured league such as LG. What factors are used to decide this should be based on ratings in areas that are fundamental to the game of hockey and of course the Leagues structure and funtionality.
    I.E. ability to play positional hockey accompanied by the ability to read plays and jump on opportunities. also a rating on how well the individual player was at being on time for games and other agreed upon events the team has during the season such as practices.
    basically attributes to show what a player is actually capable of and willing of on and off the ice. as well as allowing for ample oppotunity to do so . a league of TCs would allow the new players the opportunity to see if they actually fit in something like LG or not. It would definitely be the best way for newcomers to conform to the structure and inner workings of how it all works so that the transfer from TC to Roster is seamless and less stressful for either ends of the spectrum. There are so many benefits that come from this. for instance CHL teams wouldnt need to worry about chasing after TCs or hearing their complaints and can focus solely on a championship season. nothing worse than not being real with someone and being to nice to tell them they just arent cutting it, yet knowing that with current setup they may have not had a chance to show what they can do .

I can go on but i have expressed my view a little too much so on to the matter of how this may be governed and who decides who gets to be drafted into the chl. Well i think it depends on how many new players the chl can handle and then if its a certain amount then thats the allowed number who can enter the draft. that number should be known to all TCs at beginning so they can have a cwertain setout goal they know they need to reach that requires a certain skill level in order to think of being drafted. this way it also weens out the lower tiered players without any personal prejudice or bias getting in the way from anyone. Obviously stats are a factor but i thnk maybe adding extra incentive for the team that wins the TC championship or to either team that makes it to finals. Something like the championship team has all of its players drafted into the CHL and given Roster positions immediately. if they can show progress or reach certain goals when in chl then they may continue on, if they cant then maybe after first season they get put back in the TC league or something.

not sure but a lot of things can be had and benefited from a TC system that requires players to earn their start in the CHL and compete in LG.
    just sayin lol
    RANT DONE

• Like Like x 2
    JaGG83D
  12. Bmottly

Bmottly Erie Otters AGM LD #39

Discord:
    bmottly#2214
    Ratings:
    +46 / 16 / -5
    Well said

• Like Like x 1
    bmottly
  13. Bmottly

Bmottly Erie Otters AGM LD #39

Discord:
    bmottly#2214
    Ratings:
    +46 / 16 / -5
    Or maybe more teams, less TCs but let players play more games per week?

bmottly
  14. Dev-O-91

Dev-O-91 Retired

Ratings:
    +30 / 5 / -4
    Changes seem reasonable and rather straight foward. Glad the position lock does not effect side of play too.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account