Game time suggestion

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Zarrey, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Zarrey

Zarrey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I think it would be better if the times were on the XX:30 mark because some if not most of us play in 2 or more leagues. By putting the games to not conflict with the other league times it allows you to, for example, play in the EHL at 10:00 and then LG at 10:30 then EHL again at 11:00. Instead of running into the issue where both of your teams really need you at 10:00 and you end up not being able to play in one of the games.

Any thoughts?

No Streaming Account
  2. worm42x10

worm42x10 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    i think the games right run into OT, or restarts. i don't think we should change our times to work around other leagues myself.

No Streaming Account
  3. RendoDBI

RendoDBI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In a perfect world, it would work. But when you're waiting 5, 10, 15 minutes to start a game, you're then putting the other Leagues in a predicament, or vice versa. The real way to fix the issue with multiple Leagues is to make yourself available for different days and be strict with that. If League A gets Sunday, League B gets Monday and Tuesday, and League C gets Wednesday and Thursday, how does that conflict?

No Streaming Account
  4. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    The reason those game times are universal is because they're generally the best time that accommodates most time zones. Rendo hit the nail on the head, if everything worked perfectly where everyone was ready to play at game time and there were no disconnects this MIGHT work out. Frankly I wouldn't want to be held up on a 10:30 start because a guy is stuck in triple overtime of an EHL game, or have to wait for a replacement player because somebody now has to go play an 11:00 game.

Players are free to play in multiple leagues, part of doing that is balancing the committments. Personally, I wish players were restricted to one league because it would alleviate a lot of the scheduling issues that arise, but I understand a lot of guys want to play as many 6s games as possible. It's the players responsibility to make being in two leagues work, not the league's.

No Streaming Account
  5. Boglord

Boglord AHL Bound!

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I agree with Stew, its the players responsibility to schedule theier availability properly accross all the leagues they play in. If you can't, then you need to re-evaluate your membership into the leagues you play in. Player availability is not a league issue, nor is it the owners problem. If you cant manage your time, than move on so your team can get someone in who can play.

No Streaming Account
  6. Meeble

Meeble Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The 30s were discussed before the season, and honestly would've made things worse imo. Barely any of our games started even by 5 after the hour, which would have run into the top of the hr games and had people 'disconnecting' and appearing offline late in the third period I'm guessing.

No Streaming Account
  7. atomicstorm13

atomicstorm13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 4 / -3
    It's not hard to be responsible. I've been a member of the USBC for 20 years. The problems we've had with this league would never have been tolerated, not even once - video game or not.

No Streaming Account
  8. Cromags21

Cromags21 LGBA Commissioner

Ratings:
    +187 / 0 / -0
    I do not see a problem

EHL is 10 & 11 and they do not play on Thursday from what I know.

LG we play sunday at 8 & 9 Monday to tuesday at 10 and when we ran 8 games wednesday and thursday were at 9 and 10. EHL you will always have the 11pm game which give you the chance to play 1 game for each leagie on any given night. Sunday shit you can play 4 games between both leagues.

No Streaming Account
  9. N3XTLVL

N3XTLVL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Simple dont join more than one league !!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Streaming Account
  10. mikeysanman1

mikeysanman1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    oo i cant play the 10pm i gotta another league game....ok so dont sign up for the same time slot in 2 leagues....its very simple i tell ya

No Streaming Account
  11. meme god x 420

meme god x 420 h e l l o

Ratings:
    +1,308 / 10 / -53
    bearditv
  12. Zarrey

Zarrey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    i join more than 1 league because i want to play more 6v6 games. i cant really make the 8 or 9 games because of work. so it kinda forces me to talk to both my owners and tell them my schedule and then work on it based on what they need as a team.

No Streaming Account
  13. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    If you want to join multiple leagues, all the power to you. But as Zarrey said you need to be vocal with your management to make it work.

I think a lot of people join multiple leagues for 1 main reason... wait to see where they get drafted to/how high they were picked. Then decide which Team is the best, and find a 'reason' to quit the other leagues the second the going gets tough.

It is not a :30 issue, or a time issue. It is players giving themselves multiple options of being a part of a dynasty.

And i couldn't agree more with Stews comment on wishing players were restricted to 1 league, but i know some guys balance it very well...and others not so much.

No Streaming Account
  14. weenus

weenus Derptown

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I agree. It's far to lax in the league scene. Players can get away pretty much with murder and the responsibility always falls on management that, truly has no power over the players. As long as players can just leave one league and be playing in another before the next match night, players will wipe their asses with the leagues.

I had made a suggestion among the league/team management about organizing something that acts as a union to begin linking the leagues, something that we can track players on so that, if they fuck one league over, they are blacklisted for an allotted period of time among all of the leagues involved in the Union, something to add some responsibility and consequences, but I was told very quickly that most leagues wouldn't get involved, which I imagine is probably true, as much as it would protect all of the leagues rather than hurt them.

With that being said, as I became more involved towards the end of the season in scheduling and such, I was extremely active and available for contact, but players did not give the team that same respect. I work in an office so I was able to keep the LG forums open on my computer and send messages through Xbox.com to players regarding scheduling, often times they just play dumb or play AFK... other times, they play dumb about their scheduling. I was trying to get in the habit of shooting people a message on Xbox in the morning of days they had matches and the EST match time, then come match time, they would just act innocent about the fact that they were double booked.

As much as you can try to be available and attentive and helpful, if players don't value the league or the team it won't matter. I also found that every single player that played in multiple leagues valued LG at the very bottom of the list, which is just a treat come match time when you find out that asshole #3 has VHL matches and now you have to scramble for a replacement.

No Streaming Account
  15. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    Yeah, i wouldn't say 'every single player' but the vast majority fall into that category.

If you look at the Volume of players we would lose Vs. The volume of Bullshit we wouldn't have to deal with...being the first league to say "players/management can not compete anywhere but LG" doesn't sound so bad. At the same time i know it would cause a uproar but, the less l92l's we have for the start of the next season the better.

No Streaming Account
  16. Boglord

Boglord AHL Bound!

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I play LG and VHL.... LG>VHL in my book. I scheduled my VHL availability around what I posted for my availability here at LG and I was on a Playoff bound team at the time over there, and here I was on LA and we were struggling.

No Streaming Account
  17. Cromags21

Cromags21 LGBA Commissioner

Ratings:
    +187 / 0 / -0
    If you need help hit me up, I will personally schedule you for all your leagues lol...

You have to look at times of games. VHL is the only one who game times are the same except for Sunday.

MHL- Is 3 days a week with 3 game on each day
    OUHL - I do not know there schedule times
    EHL - Sunday thru Thursday I think and their games are at 10 and 11pm est.
    DHL - I do not know there schedule times

There are many league out there, You just have to fit it into your schedule.

Weeus, Not saying anything bad, but the truth to the matter is other league are for themselfs. I can get maybe 2 leagues to do what your asking. But other won't join in on Local Online Hockey League Union :) Local 2013.

No Streaming Account
  18. weenus

weenus Derptown

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    SUPPORT THE LOCAL 2013!

Yeah, I totally understand Frank. I know that most leagues wouldn't go for it. I just think that if you really think about it, it is something that would be good for the entire league community in the long run, but I agree it's pointless as long as other leagues would be apathetic towards it. It would really only work if at least 4-5 leagues supported the idea.

No Streaming Account
  19. Meeble

Meeble Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    dead-horse11.jpg

start something up already then instead of beating a dead horse. No one is going to take yr idea and run with it! :grin:

No Streaming Account
  20. weenus

weenus Derptown

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    As I've already said, if it's not going to get supported, it's pointless. The real dead horse is how leagues have bad turn outs and tons of forfeits and then sit around scratching their heads wondering why so many players have no responsibility.

No Streaming Account