Getting that 420 on?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Marauders, May 7, 2010.

1. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  2. whatsUPitsFARVA

whatsUPitsFARVA Katy Perry. NEW HOTNESS!

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You know I truly don't know how to feel about this but there is a back story to why I'm leaning towards the cops direction.

There was a youtube video I saw a few weeks back of a cop getting into a shootout with a drunken driver that he pulled over. The cop was so afraid to draw on the guy that he literally just kept yelling put your hands where I can see them while the old man was loading a .22 and getting ready to fire on him. The old man ends up killing the cop. Probably one of the most shocking and horrifying videos I have ever seen.

Now there is this one. I don't know how much of the story this video shows. They didn't get a warrant based on a little weed. I'm guessing they had reason to believe this guy was in to much bigger stuff than just smoking a little pot.

When you are a member of a SWAT team, you are going into the unknown. You could be going into a place that looks like Grandma Betty's place but turns out to be Tony Montana's modest drug den with 4 crackheads ready to shoot at you because they don't want to go to jail.

Yes these men shot and killed a pit bull. I'm sorry but pits are extremely aggressive dogs. I refuse to believe the dog "just wanted to play" with them.

Thats just how I'm feeling about this now. If there are reports that come out later that show there was really no reason to believe this guy wasn't involved in anything big time, then I will switch my stance a bit but until then. . .

No Streaming Account
  3. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you listen to the audio, they actually say that dog was contained in a cage when they shot him.

There is a story that goes with it. He was busted with 1 gram of pot and the CPS is now trying to take his kid away for child endagerment. I will look for the article.

4. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    In the youtube description it says the dog was tied up in the kitchen. In the news article it just says the dog was in the kitchen. I haven't seen anywhere yet that says it was in a cage. I guess I'll keep looking because that would be wrong. But if that was the case, I don't think the police chief would be openly supporting their actions.

Tried listening to the audio and really couldn't hear that much.

No Streaming Account
  5. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  6. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  7. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  8. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Don't get me wrong, I think people in all levels of Criminal Justice are getting out of hand but with the information that is out currently, I don't think this is one of those times(original story). I think right now the only thing people can be pissed about is that one of the SWAT members aim was so bad that he missed the PB all together and wounded the yap yap corgi in the paw. Aiming that terrible can get civs killed or members of their own SWAT team.

No Streaming Account
  9. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Petty much agree with all of this. Like you said they must have had a good reason to get a search warrent.

10. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Another search warrant, another death... This time a child. Should be interested to see what really happened there. It is still under investigation. According to the police, there was a struggle and an accidental shooting. According to those in the house, they threw the flash grenade on the girl, then shot her? Crazy and not matter what happened, it was poorly executed.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/16/michigan.police.child/index.html?hpt=Sbin

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2010
  11. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  12. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No one said this last story is normal if it's true.

No Streaming Account
  13. Habsolute

Habsolute SupaStar!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are Police Officers perfect? Definitely not... But what people forget is the type of criminals law enforcement faces these days. Going into a house or residence they have no idea what they are facing especially since I'd guess 99.9% of all drug dealers, runners or whatever usually have firearms. I mean in the original story said all they found was one joint, but there may have been a large shipment somewhere in the house hours earlier as well as guns and other things, they don't know this.

When an error is made I believe the Police Officer(s) should be held accountable but I think our society is to easy on criminals and they have way to many rights. With my line of work, working in Prisons I see this everyday.

No Streaming Account
  14. Gerbox 360

Gerbox 360 Gerbox is so 2009

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I literally refuse to read anything after this.

If not killing a sleeping 7 year old child is perfection then we need perfect police officers.

No Streaming Account
  15. Habsolute

Habsolute SupaStar!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not my fault you refuse to read more and see how I say that Police Officers aren't perfect and that they should be held accountable for their errors, or is it you don't know how to read?

No Streaming Account
  16. Gerbox 360

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You responded to a 7 year old girl being shot whilst sleeping and her father made to lay in her blood with "Are police officers perfect?" That's bullshiit.

Post Script; You're a full grown man and well aware that I know how to read.

No Streaming Account
  17. Gerbox 360

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Define "held accountable"

No Streaming Account
  18. Habsolute

Habsolute SupaStar!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No, I was responding to the original story, not once did I reference the "girl being shot story"...

If they wrongfully shot someone then the should stand trial.

No Streaming Account
  19. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My point to this whole thread is that they are both serving warrants and are entering houses forcefully and gun happy. It just seems to me that the police are a bit more gun happy and more eager to shoot something than they were a couple of years ago.

20. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    There is no doubt that police have been developing a god complex. It's been getting worse and worse for years no. It seems like tazers we able to show it on a better(funnier :( )level though.

With that being said there are still great cops out there and do the job because they wish to keep people safe and not have people worship them.

No Streaming Account