Goalie Power Rankings - Week 4

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Kessler82, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Kessler82

Kessler82 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -1
    # 10 – B I N K Y I77I | Colorado Eagles | Last Week Ranking: #10

B I N K Y I77I starts out this week rankings in the same spot at #10. In week 4, he went 3-0-2 with a notable wins against Bridgeport and an overtime loss to the Wolf Pack. Colorado is positioned nicely tied for 1st in the Western Pacific and B I N K Y I77I has provided consistency week over week.

# 9 – Name Is Ricky | Stockton Heat | Last Week Ranking: #5

Dropping 4 spots to number 9 is Stockton’s Name Is Ricky. A tough week, going .500 (3-3) with loses to Bridgeport, Hersey, and Hartford, posting a week 4, 83.8% save percentage and a 2.33 GAA, all respectable.

# 8 – TripAcez | San Jose Barracuda | Last Week Ranking: #8

TripAcez also finds himself in the same position as last week at numero ocho. A record of 4-1-1 on the week, an 85% save percentage and an impressive 1.56 GAA on the week. Wins over Providence, Phantoms, Checkers, and da Bears, along with a 1-0 nail biting loss in OT to the Wolf Pack.

# 7 – BlaNchet98 | Ontario Reign | Last Week Ranking: #11

Stood just outside the top 10 last week, moves up to #7 this week with a fantastic week in net improving to 17-4-1 on the season and 7-1 in his last 8. Check out these week 4 numbers, 6 games, 89.7% save pct, and a spectacular 1.33 GAA.

# 6 – MattakaTiny2 | Bridgeport Sound Tigers | Last Week Ranking: #13

Big moves this week, up 7 spots to number 6, is Bridgeport’s, MattakaTiny2. On the year, 11 wins out of the 14 he’s played, keep the puck out of the net north of 86% and gives up 1.57 goals against on average. While he averages a little over 3 games per week, he’s making a difference. Stat line for last week: 3-2, 89.6% SV, 1.20 GAA. Bridgeport give this man some goal support.

# 5 – PHJ314 | Rochester Americans | Last Week Ranking: #7

Up 2 spots to number 5, PHJ313 managed a 3-1 records in his 4 starts, with wins over Manitoba, Wolves, and a shutout of the Stars. A reliable tendy, putting up career numbers with Rochester through the first 4 weeks of the season.

# 4 – keatsauce | Syracuse Crunch | Last Week Ranking: #3

Take 1 game out of this weeks schedule for keatsauce and he likely moves up to 2 or at least would have stayed at number 3. With a record of 3-2 on the week, and less than adequate goal support, keatsauce managed an 86.2% save pct., along with a 1.8 GAA. A tough loss, with 6 goals allowed against Milwaukee was a tough loss, but he did bounce back in the following two games. Always number one in my book but drops to number 4 in the rankings.

# 3 – Binger | Grand Rapids Griffins | Last Week Ranking: #6

Up 3 spots to number 6 this week after going 4-0 last week, with two shutouts. 91.4% save pct. on the week, with a GAA of 1. I’d also call out that Binger is 9-0-1 in his last 10 with 4 shutouts, that stat line is impressive too, posting a 91.6% save percentage and a GAA of 1.10.

# 2 – TheCheetahlo 33| San Antonio Rampage | Last Week Ranking: #1

Drops a spot this week after a tough week, going 2-3 with a respectable 86% save pct., and a GAA of 2. Interestingly enough, bested this week’s number 1. I suspect #1 & #2 will be flopping positions as the season continues, can’t deny this kid is a stud.

# 1 – Czap17| Belleville Senators | Last Week Ranking: #2

Who the hell is Czap17? That is the first thing I asked myself when I pull these numbers, then I realized, it was last week’s number 2, the goalie formally known as Brn2Win18. Now, honestly, I’m not sure why you change your GT from “Born to Win” to “Crap” essentially. Regardless, number 1 this week, posted a 4-2 record, with 90% stop percentage and 1.8 GAA, and has the has the highest save percentage in the league through the first 4 weeks. Give this man a cookie.

Full Rankings Below:

upload_2019-3-15_13-58-57.png
    upload_2019-3-15_13-59-20.png

How the rankings work:

1. Save % - Save Percentage
    2. GAA - Goals Against Average
    3. GSAA - Goals Scored Above Average
    4. GA % - Goals Against League Average

For each stat (100 max points), a goalie is award points based on their individual rank compared to the whole.

For example, if you rank 5th in the league for Goals Against Average, you would receive 95 points out of a possible 100, with the top rated player in that stat receiving the full 100, the 20th ranked player would get 80, etc.

I take those numbers add them up, with the max possible points being 400. I then provide a 15% modifier based on games played, the intent to provide a bump to those who have played more games with similar stats to normalize the data.

Lastly, in order to be in the rankings you have had to played on average at least 2.5 games per week, otherwise I consider those who haven't to be ECU, Sent Up, or Sent Down.

For each stat (100 max points), a goalie is award points based on their individual rank compared to the whole.

For example, if you rank 5th in the league for Goals Against Average, you would receive 95 points out of a possible 100, with the top rated player in that stat receiving the full 100, the 20th ranked player would get 80, etc.

I take those numbers add them up, with the max possible points being 400. I then provide a 15% modifier based on games played, the intent to provide a bump to those who have played more games with similar stats to normalize the data.

Lastly, in order to be in the rankings you have had to played on average at least 2.5 games per week, otherwise I consider those who haven't to be ECU, Sent Up, or Sent Down.

Understanding GSAA & GA %

GSAA = Goals Scored Above Average

GSSA is a measurement of the number of goals a particular goalie saved based on his save percentage and shots against him given the average of both of these categories across the league. Think of GSAA as goals saved above replacement.

GA % = Goals Allowed %

This is goals allowed % relative to league goals allowed average. Lower is better, 100 is exactly average, 0 means you have saved 100% of shots faced.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    KesslerTN
  2. TheGreech

TheGreech Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +736 / 15 / -15
    good shit buddy - love the effort

• Like Like x 1
    greech11
  3. Laporshkin

Laporshkin Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Laporshkin x 71#9132
    Ratings:
    +975 / 85 / -173
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Kessler82

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -1
    It’s hard to keep up with trades, if you see errors in the teams, lmk.

KesslerTN
  5. Laporshkin

Laporshkin Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Laporshkin x 71#9132
    Ratings:
    +975 / 85 / -173
    Nah it wasnt a trade. @MattakaTiny2 is on Bridgeport but you said he was on Ontario. Good job tho :)

No Streaming Account
  6. Kessler82

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -1
    Fixed. Thanks!

KesslerTN
  7. Polar4124

Polar4124 Selling bodily fluids, pm for prices

Discord:
    Polar#6488
    Ratings:
    +181 / 35 / -36
    SNUBBEDDDDDDDD

I6IPolarI6I
  8. Czap17

Czap17 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 1 / -1
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Scampurs

Scampurs zzz

Discord:
    scampurs#0
    Ratings:
    +130 / 18 / -27
    Was the cut off for this 10 games? :sadegg: What will the GP cut off be for next week?

Scampurs
  10. Kessler82

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -1

• Like Like x 1
    KesslerTN