Good Series Abbotsford

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Haunted Avocado, Aug 19, 2014.

1. pensman66

pensman66 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 5 / -25
    I'm planning on playing in proseries provided my availability allows it. I don't suck up to good players to make myself look good, but I'll play anyways just for the competition.

No Streaming Account
  2. pensman66

Ratings:
    +85 / 5 / -25
    My stats suck? My record is almost identical to yours. I just have less games played.

I'm confident in my ability, so I guess that makes me egotistical, and obviously taking out one of the team's starting dmen and replacing him with an ecu nobody has played with had no impact on the outcome of the series at all, good call. This is the human nature I'm talking about. Talking down to people because they can.

You're entitled to your opinion, but it's not based off knowledge. It's just based off what you want to think.

No Streaming Account
  3. pensman66

Ratings:
    +85 / 5 / -25
    The best part is I never trash talked my team or abbotsford. In fact I said many players on my team belong in the nhl. The only statement I ever made was that if my availability didn't screw our team over that could have been a different series, then the haters started hating.

No Streaming Account
  4. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    Why do you keep going?

Clearly you care about what my opinion is, because you would stop responding to me.

Sure, my viewpoint is objective, but I will break it down for you.

In regards to your stats. You have an small sample size to draw from to begin with. Also I want to point this out. You never beat a good team this season. You lost to Providence, to Portland, to Texas (pre-bans), and to Binghampton. Your team was a member of the big 5 (Abbotsford, Rochester (was Texas, RIP), Norfolk, Providence, Albany) and you failed to win against any of those teams.

In regards to never seeing you play. I see 2-3 defenceman (Avacado, M4TTH35, Hadji) who performed better then yourself throughout the season. None of those players were able to win a game against Abbotsford last series, so why would I even consider you have the ability to be a "game changer" ?

You came into the forum and made a statement that you could have made a difference in the series. All you had to say was good series. But you took the spotlight off your team and placed it firmly upon yourself when you said "I could have made a difference."

The simple fact is it all comes down to ego. What you are stating is you truly believe you are better then your teammates. You believe you can succeed where they were unable to. Why are you placing yourself on a pedestal, when there is enough factual evidence to see that you are not the game changing piece they needed? You think yourself as elite, but no one on your team has come to back up that claim.

So I ask you this. Stop. Leave the forums. Do not answer again. Do not attempt to defend yourself. Everyone who has read this has already passed judgement on you. They do not care what your skill is. You are burning bridges for yourself. Just leave it alone. And in the future, either wish a team good luck or move on.

@Tris10 time to lock this thread and move on.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
    Sloshy97
  5. Cronkxr

Cronkxr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 3 / -2
    Abbotsford's entire roster could be in the NHL

No Streaming Account
  6. MBell91

MBell91 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mbell91#0
    Ratings:
    +121 / 1 / -2
    Except [MENTION=7681]mr perfect 48[/MENTION]

• Like Like x 6
    MBell91
  7. ImJeff

ImJeff Five time PLB Champion Platinum

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    XP is pretty bad too. I'd tag him in this, but I haven't been able to spell his gamertag right in like three seasons.

• Like Like x 8
    Starwood84
  8. EricE30

EricE30 -------

Ratings:
    +1,550 / 24 / -63
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  9. Ahernn

Ahernn Captain of LG Meme Team

Ratings:
    +1,569 / 2 / -9
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  10. MBell91

Discord:
    mbell91#0
    Ratings:
    +121 / 1 / -2
    Why close the thread? It's entertaining

• Like Like x 1
    MBell91
  11. doh23

doh23 Carried by his wingers

Ratings:
    +271 / 3 / -1
    I got an "I love you" gif. Suck it, rest of Lake Erie Monsters.

No Streaming Account
  12. Haunted Avocado

Haunted Avocado Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Ratings:
    +193 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. pensman66

Ratings:
    +85 / 5 / -25
    I can see how you would think I'm trying really hard to convince you I'm good but as I've stated many times before, The only time I come here is when I'm stuck at work and can do nothing else. You're one of the more vocal people and also one of the easiest to refute because you base your arguments off absurd or false premises. Like how you said cado, hadji and m4tth3s all performed better than me, yet you already said you haven't seen me play at all and you were on the team that just got done beating those 3dmen in some combination or another in 4 straight game. My point is not that these guys did bad and that's why we lost. I didn't even see the games so I don't know the precise cause. My point is that the only evidence you've personally witnessed was of them losing, and you still said they performed better than me because you're so desperate to knock my confidence down you'll just spout the thing you think would damage it the most.

As for people backing me up, half my team has come in here and said exactly what I said. If I played, I would have had an impact, but once again you ignored that cuz u were trying to make your argument sound as damaging as you could without any truth or evidence behind it. Pretty flimsy argument.

No Streaming Account
  14. Yaaa Booiii

Yaaa Booiii Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +554 / 6 / -4
    [MENTION=4149]pensman66[/MENTION]
    O my goodness... You just want that last word huh? I got a sweet idea play next season n show [MENTION=7674]Sloshy Boxers[/MENTION] and myself and whoever else that your a top NHL dman by getting an NHL bid next season and proving us wrong instead of writing about it?

No Streaming Account
  15. pensman66

Ratings:
    +85 / 5 / -25
    Well considering I've been in the nhl every year I've been eligible to play in the nhl, I'd be more surprised if I didn't....

No Streaming Account
  16. pensman66

Ratings:
    +85 / 5 / -25
    It seems like some of you don't know who I am, but uhh...I'm kinda a big deal. Yeah, people know me. I have many leather bound books and my cabinets smell of rich mahogany.

No Streaming Account
  17. StickNick555

StickNick555 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +263 / 0 / -0
    Now you just need to get laid and you'd have it all!

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  18. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    I could care less about your confidence or your ability.

The only thing I am annoyed about is that you have the audacity to enter the forums after your team gets swept and claim that it would have been a different series had you been present.

But since you are continuing. I have yet to see you factually back up any of your stats and prove to me that it could be a different series.

What you are ignoring is that it does not become an inference when I have the evidence to support that you rarely win games against good teams (you completely ignored that factual part of the argument). You can claim I have no factual evidence to support my claims all you want. But it is sitting right there on your player card.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    Sloshy97
  19. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    Let's beat the dead horse some more

No Streaming Account
  20. MBell91

Discord:
    mbell91#0