Feature Happy 17th Birthday LG

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Tris10, Jun 5, 2020.

1. D3VIL D4WG

D3VIL D4WG Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    Happy birthday LG

I'm glad I finally found you guys
    I am an OG (Original Gamer)
    I remember going to arcades and pumping quarter after quarter into games like Phoenix and Berserk because there were no home game systems BUT then Pong came out
    Anyway ... I always thought LG had something to do with HUT until I met some guys in a drop in and they liked the way I played so they set me straight on what LG is and how it works and that was that
    I really wish I had leared earlier what LG was all about but I'm glad you exist and that I found you
    Good luck on the next 17 years

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. IIx OMARK xII

IIx OMARK xII Well-Known Member

Discord:
    iixomarkxii#0
    Ratings:
    +163 / 9 / -23
    Happy Birthday LG, and Congrats @Tris10. Been back and forth since 2008, and its amazing watching the growth over those years. The amount of good friends I have met over this time has been something i couldn't have imagined.

Here's to another 17!

• Informative Informative x 1
    IIxOmarkxII
  3. Nata1e

Nata1e I'm walking em

Discord:
    Natale#9564
    Ratings:
    +1,004 / 162 / -202
    l_s4k_1
  4. Hilly

Hilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +286 / 6 / -16
    LG is 17? I guess it’s been fucking us illegally for a long time

But seriously great job @Tris10
    Thanks for creating a fun space for so many of us to connect through video games!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    hillhouse13
  5. daddydelicious51

daddydelicious51 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +198 / 28 / -36
    LG is barely legal.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Rockgosu4

Rockgosu4 LaVedette

Ratings:
    +230 / 11 / -33
    • Winner Winner x 1
    rockgosu
  7. JxyDee_-

JxyDee_- iTsKingJayDee

Discord:
    JxyDee_-#2411
    Ratings:
    +204 / 7 / -8
    I came over in the VHL merge and I’ve enjoyed playing since S15! I’ve made some life long friends and it’s all thanks to LG! Happy birthday LG and cheers!

• Winner Winner x 1
    ItsJxyDee
  8. SoxI67I

SoxI67I S14 President's Trophy Winner

Discord:
    SoxI67I#5389
    Ratings:
    +209 / 13 / -42
    Happy Birthday LG!

The league and website are special to me because it creates an environment where you can get to know people and bond over a game you both enjoy and work toward winning a championship.

Some of the people I’ve met, I continue to talk to everyday. Thank you @Tris10, @LG McDonald, and all league staff for your thankless work for the people of this site.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    whitesoxman77
  9. Pwnologistz

Pwnologistz Tyler

Discord:
    Pwn#6589
    Ratings:
    +246 / 29 / -33
    Gimme platinum rn! upload_2020-6-5_14-44-58.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Pwnologistz
  10. Guru x 26

Guru x 26 S46 Kelly Cup Champion

Discord:
    Guru x 26#3694
    Ratings:
    +255 / 9 / -18
    LG is amazing! Without it I never would have met @Dauntless x 29. For that I am forever grateful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Gurux26
  11. TheBobbyOrr4

TheBobbyOrr4 Anyone need a pizza

Discord:
    TheBobbyOrr4#2233
    Ratings:
    +1,626 / 73 / -358
    Happy birthday LG, its been really fun getting EGO'd by everyone for 14 seasons.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Skyhighsms
  12. xHatrickSwayze

xHatrickSwayze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 9 / -4
    I’ve been playing NHL games since NHL 07, I had played tons of roller hockey growing up, but ice hockey? Very different. I fell in love. In love with the video game and inlove with the sport of ice hockey (not the best irl but it’s fun to do “stick n pucks”/go to Red Wings games at LCA. I had heard of LG from Sleeveless gaming’s YouTube channel but didn’t think I’d have the right ‘availability’ to play. On 19, I played EASHL 6’s with local buddies/drop ins until I got decent, I found my stride as a right defenseman, started with my ‘random assignment’ in s10 (psn). s11 was my first full season, doesn’t get much more exciting than that. Had to have google translate on my phone to understand the French players in my discord, but I didn’t mind. Got drafted, played around in the NHL, AHL, and now back in the CHL, but I do not mind! The thing about this league is between the community, the excellent recording of stats, the competitive nature, and the organization LG is top notch. I’ve met awesome people, had incredible D partners, and felt incredible feels since joining. Still chasing that hardware.

Favorite Szn so far: S11 Regina Pats (PSN CHL) @Mad_Luigi_QC @Le_Homie_Yosh
    Favorite management I’ve had: S13 Manitoba Moose (@SoxI67I) (PSN AHL)
    Best D partner I’ve ever had: @Diddy_Biytchass
    Best friend I’ve made: @FloridaMessiah55

Thank you LG. Thank you.
    -Hatrick Swayze (Hatty)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    hatrickswayze8
  13. Dauntless x 29

Dauntless x 29 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dauntless x 29#5828
    Ratings:
    +95 / 3 / -8
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  14. KOSisKing

KOSisKing Cone-Shaped Dinosaur

Ratings:
    +102 / 2 / -0
    I came over here for season 14 after OzzyNG recruited me heavily to come check the league out because Tris was developing (maybe already had?) an app that would make it super easy to enter in availability. The next season when VHL merged we got the OCR system, which was mind blowing (though initially there was a learning curve with framing the pics so all the stats would track, including tutorials on how to take pics). It is crazy how much the league has grown since the days of "The Merger" and how much the talent pool has grown. It really is remarkable. Congrats Tris.

• Winner Winner x 1
    KOSisKing
  15. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +454 / 2 / -17
    Very appreciative for LG as I found it in my late 20s when multiplayer games were losing their luster due to the difficulty of getting friends together at the same time because of life. I had played NHL12, NHL15, and got NHL17 only cause it was 50% off. Started LG in S26 and I have PreOrdered NHL every season since because of LG. I have made numerous new Xbox friends and I have a much needed outlet for life’s many challenges. A lot of respect and appreciation to McDonald, Tris, and all those that dedicate so much time to this site free of charge.

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  16. NotoriousFAT 00

NotoriousFAT 00 Former LG media kingpin, Wine gum lover, LG dad.

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,745 / 76 / -124
    LG is a great place to play and I'm so happy to have been a small part of it's history for as long as I have. As one of the late adopters to competitive 6's online hockey I have always been a step behind all you younger guys but I love the competitive nature of it. I'm so appreciative of all the amazing memories I have cultivated because of a chance meeting in a drop in game with a player I no longer remember the name of directing me to the IOHL. From there I moved here as I heard that it was a far superior league. That was no lie.

I began as a goalie and after 9 seasons of wanting to hang myself I made the move to defense where I have spent the last 9 entering my 10th. Overall those seasons I have made tons of great acquaintances and met a few incredibly inept humans and just a even few great friends. I've been a player, a media guy, a sub par manager, a counselor to the lost, an ear for the frustrated and a clown for the masses. In short I absolutely love LG. I'm proud to speak about the league to outsiders that don't always understand the concept of it and champion it's cause. Even though I'm older and the ability to compete with the new generation is definitely a struggle some days, I feel I will always be an LGer in some form. LG has always been and I have no doubt will continue to be here to provide an amazing and professional environment to play a game we all obviously love even though we curse it on a nightly basis. I thoroughly appreciate the efforts of everyone that has ever put in some sort of effort to be here. Whether you just played, managed, owned, worked behind the scenes writing script, volunteered your time to be a BOG or run a tournament your all a part of this leagues success! I thank you.

Congratulations LG on 17 years! I hope to be around for so many more because I fuckin' live for this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    notoriousfat00
  17. GunHavok

GunHavok Pizza

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -1
    Happy Bday! I miss those 2k 1v1 leagues. 15 Years certainly flew by. I was friggen 19!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
    PunHavok
  18. joestud18

joestud18 Mister5Time

Ratings:
    +239 / 16 / -9
    Happy Birthday LG.....I wanna thank LG for being here for me over the Years. Tris/Brodie you guys do a good job no matter what ppl say. Keep up the great work for years to come.

• Winner Winner x 1
    joestud18
  19. Big_B_1994_

Big_B_1994_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 7 / -23
    Ive been apart of LG PSN since season 2.. When i first became management in season 3 my team made it all the way to the finals.. I have to admit I have had some good experiences and bad experiences in LG.. I have met some good ppl that have stuck by my side through several seasons.. I have been management in LG for 7 seasons... LG pushes me to try harder an do better.. Thank you LG.

Happy Birthday LG

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Hannah7Banana22

Hannah7Banana22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,417 / 191 / -360
    @iTz x Luigi x you good ?

No Streaming Account