Hart Memorial Trophy Community Vote

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by xCOACH_19, Sep 26, 2019.

?

Who wins your vote?

Poll closed Oct 1, 2019.
  1. Diamond

30 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. F0G

56 vote(s)
    30.1%
  3. Nicky

31 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Vexe

17 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Class

41 vote(s)
    22.0%
  6. Brady

11 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    nav mad cuz bad

No Streaming Account
  2. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    Nav you really BUTTHURT because you didn't get mentioned? Even went all the way to type up that essay on why you should be involved? Pretty nerdy to me.

The awards is a thankless job, like much of any role in LG. Should just show gratitude someone is stepping up to try and do them since people bitch we have no awards here instead of belittling him bc you weren't included.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    zChieef
  3. ItsJodach

ItsJodach No more west

Ratings:
    +519 / 24 / -53
    Hey didn't type it up...Only posted it

JodachTV
  4. ItsJodach

ItsJodach No more west

Ratings:
    +519 / 24 / -53
    91YaYloDoAL.jpg

JodachTV
  5. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    Either way, still nerdy regardless as to who typed it up.

• Like Like x 1
    zChieef
  6. xCOACH_19

xCOACH_19 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    @ItsJodach If you are referring to me not typing this all out, you are wrong. I also helped spend hours and hours pulling player stats and SOS metrics manually with Prometheus...

Coachx19
  7. ItsJodach

ItsJodach No more west

Ratings:
    +519 / 24 / -53
    I'm not referring to you

JodachTV
  8. xCOACH_19

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    @xNav61 if it makes you feel any better you were nominated to the short list of 12 guys but unfortunately you didn’t make the cut. You are literally posting the only stats that you were towards the top of forwards. Not to mention we didn’t just see how many playoff teams you played, we looked at the lines played and their records. Did you play some quality lines, yes, so did the nominees above, but the problem when looking at West players is there was a common trend, nobody else in the league wants to play West Lines on 100 ping so most of the games that Top West players faced were team’s worst lines.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Coachx19
  9. xCOACH_19

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    I’m trying to be respectful towards you, so no need to start getting butthurt, and making comments about shit outside of talking about this award

Coachx19
  10. ChobanLacot

ChobanLacot "How is that a penalty?"

Ratings:
    +153 / 1 / -9
    I'm more disappointed that Levac didn't get a mention.

No Streaming Account
  11. TrippyNav

TrippyNav Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,566 / 159 / -334
    There’s two west nominees here lol. I honestly don’t care about the award but if you go by the criteria claus and his committee used you can’t really make an argument against me let alone “24th ranked forward”.

No Streaming Account
  12. Lehk 31

Lehk 31 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    tyler89#0
    Ratings:
    +599 / 13 / -31
    I wouldn’t give it to nav because he stinks but 24th best? And Nicky is a nom? Confusing. At least have @Keeeks 12 instead lmfao

LehkXR
  13. TrippyNav

Ratings:
    +2,566 / 159 / -334
    If you ignore the names and just look at stats you can’t make a single argument for having nickyp there without me. Coach just said it’s hard to give it to west guys because bla bla yet he has Nicky and diamond there.

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. cgiroux11

cgiroux11 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    cgiroux#0
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Let's go Nicholas.

No Streaming Account
  15. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    Alright, I was going to stay out of this, but reading this thread has made my IQ drop by the post.

I'll be the first to say that Nav and I don't see eye to eye, but your logic is very flawed.

If you want to dis-credit people for playing west only, then that's fine, however you included 2 west forwards, 1 in Diamond who is a very solid player, but puts up nowhere near the numbers that he does, if he and Tarasenko weren't putting people on Mars all year. He also only played 11 of 24 games against teams above .500. Not even playoff teams, just teams above .500, you lowered the bar impressively and showed how soft his schedule was.

This is no knock against Diamond, he's a very solid player, but your reasoning for including him is just wrong, when you dont show lines faced, how he fared vs other 1st lines, how he did in any games that weren't west (Were there even any??)

Then you include another west player in Nickyp who wasn't even the best player on his own line???? Again, a good player and nice guy, but Keanen was the driver of that line and again they heavily benefitted from putting people on Mars.

So, if you wanted to exclude Nav due to West games only, then fine, except you included 2 other west guys who are even more egregious when it comes to west games only, and a guy who wasn't even the driver of his own line.

F0G is a good choice, he should be there.

You say defensive stats were the driving factor for Vex's inclusion, yet he wasn't even top 25 for forwards in goals against average, the most influential statistic when it comes to the Selke. His Own End Efficiency was 15th amongst forwards. He only won 9 games all season against teams above .500. Again not even playoff teams, only teams that managed to finish above .500. His personal penalty kill he was outside of the top 15 for forwards. He was 147th in takeaways.
    So I'm not entirely sure what defensive stats you were looking at to judge that he was a top 3 overall forward. Offensively there were 10 players with at least the same amount of wins, or more, and with more points. There were better candidates right in front of him.

Again, this is no knock to Vex, I love the guy, but your logic just isn't right.

Class I don't really argue with, he had the narrative going for him this season and he did very well playing with a good line in SJ where he was the driver.

Finally, BradyTkachuk, this is the one that made me laugh the further I got into this thread. He had a very strong season as GM of Colorado, who missed the playoffs as you said.

This was your blip for him,

'Notes: I know this will probably be the nominee that everyone questions… but at the end of the day winning 21 games on a team that the other two lines could only muster up 21 wins combined, and still managing to be as productive as he was, is pretty impressive. Yes, Colorado didn’t even make the playoffs, so can you imagine where they would have ended up if this guy wasn’t on the team. Sheesh'

Yet when Nav brings up this EXACT SAME point, including the fact that he actually brought his team to the playoffs, this was your response;

Where does Brady rank with ALL STATS TAKEN??? Cause there is no way he finished ahead of Nav. There are multiple people right around him that objectively qualify more for this;

Myself, similar season, C more important position, team made playoffs
    Sirgab, similar season, more points, team made playoffs
    Nav, I've made my points above
    Rick, Keeks, Tarasenko etc etc.

I appreciate you guys putting in the effort, I really really do. I understand I've slacked when it comes to awards, but if you're going to try to take it over PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE at least do it right man.

I spent 30 minutes typing all of this up and making sure all my facts were correct just to show you how ass backwards some of your logic is here. I am far from the biggest fan of Nav, but how can you justify including west people, who weren't as influential in the HART award, and then also include someone who you say was responsible for his team's success, when Nav objectively did more in that regard???

This just isn't it, at all

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    JClaus33
  16. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Nybarisny
  17. WashdNoThums

WashdNoThums Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +403 / 61 / -171
    Acktually...

No Streaming Account
  18. ChobanLacot

ChobanLacot "How is that a penalty?"

Ratings:
    +153 / 1 / -9
    Oh, I'm sorry. I meant, I have 62 hits more than 2nd place.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. xCOACH_19

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    @JClaus33 Finally got off work to reply to your post...

1. I never discredited being West, I said it is tougher to judge players who are on Top West lines than anybody else. We understand connection advantage was a thing in NHL 19, but to mention how Diamond and Tarasenko put people on mars, as if Nav doesn't, is quite silly. You mentioned Diamond had Tarasenko, NickyP had Keeks, but Nav also had KC, and ALL 3 had great Defensemen to help. And this is where I say it gets tough to judge, because what team is going to throw their top line against a Top West Line. So are we supposed to not nominate the league leader in points who was on the President's Cup winning team, just because all he gets thrown at him are SUI lines. No West player can help where they live, and its stupid for the league to expect them to play on a 100 ping themselves (Its up to EA to fix this).

2. With the VEXE selection, I already stated why, he wasn't going to stand out in offense, but when you account for ALL stats, literally every stat you can pull from LG, he was Top 3 because across the board he was above the majority of all forwards. Not in just a stat here or there that makes one forward look better than the other, he was the most balanced, on a line that wasn't anything like what Nav created for himself.

3. To answer your question simply. Brady ranked 9th on our spreadsheet. But lets look at the most common line mates Brady and Nav had the pleasure of playing with

Nav: alanscanucks, Hriiz, KingClutch, ItsJodach, Girgs, Gamingfreak

Brady: rockygratt, synsxcrusade, carm, Epic Skillzy, HyperDeezNuts, Tronthedon, and Babaganoosh

So you tell me which one is more impressive... Nav only had 11 more points (while on West), both had at least 50% of their team wins, out of the nominees Brady faced the 2 ranked Average Opponent Record, and when ALL stats, once again, literally every stat pulled from LG, Brady was 15 spots higher... Im not going to sit here and argue every day about why we selected who we did.

And for you to criticize the job we did is actually quite laughable considering we were promised awards many many times by you and your crew. Hey you don't agree, so be it, but at the end of the day we were asked to do this on short notice, and we spent hours and hours digging through stats and players games played MANUALLY, just to get here. Instead of trying to say how we fucked up in our first season doing this, how about saying something positive about people picking up the slack and doing what you kept saying was being done. Clearly people respect what you have to say, its a shame you decided to voice your displeasure publicly.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Coachx19
  20. TrippyNav

Ratings:
    +2,566 / 159 / -334
    Nicky diamond and tarasenko west is much much worse than my west. Couldve sworn I played a bunch of games with dubz but hey that doesn’t fit your bias narrative.

“BoTh HaD aTLeAsT 50% oF ThEiR TeAm wInS”

Brady 50%
    Nav 56%

I’m sure if it was the other way around you would’ve counted those 3 extra wins huh.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    No Streaming Account