Media Has LGHL become Stale

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweetLou9208, Dec 18, 2019.

?

Has LGHL become stale?

1. Yes

68.6%
  2. No

31.4%
  1. Kiroxy4320

Kiroxy4320 Warning Group

Discord:
    Kiroxy#8894
    Ratings:
    +863 / 38 / -28
    And what can someone like me, or even the LG community as a whole do to help bridge this gap between the devs and the GWC guys?

Anyway we can put a group of guys together from the LG community, that can be a party to the GC guys, who can then work with the GWC guys and see what we can do?

Kiroxy
  2. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    I guess my question is what are you trying to accomplish?

I don’t think I understand what you are looking for or you don’t know what I stated

LeagueGamingOfficial
  3. Kiroxy4320

Kiroxy4320 Warning Group

Discord:
    Kiroxy#8894
    Ratings:
    +863 / 38 / -28
    I feel like for the sake of competitive 6s and the eSports scene, there needs to be a strong representation of guys who understand it well and can portray thoughts to EA geared towards the comp scene.

For instance, eSports as a whole is just as much a spectator “sport” as it is for the players themselves. And EA dropped a patch that ultimately made the game less entertaining to watch and play. I know I was heavily into watching the playoffs, then the patch dropped right around the finals, and it was kind of boring to watch, and even the game play has gotten stale.

But I don’t think EA NHL devs have eSports in mind as much as they do HUT when they are releasing patches. Which, I think HUT and 6s need to be separated.

• Like Like x 1
    Kiroxy
  4. Kiroxy4320

Kiroxy4320 Warning Group

Discord:
    Kiroxy#8894
    Ratings:
    +863 / 38 / -28
    Right now is the most exposure the 6s community is getting to the eSports scene with the Caps tourney going on. And not to sound like the world is on fire here, but this could very well be a make or break moment. And for it to be a make, it needs not only high level quality gameplay, but also the viewership that proves this can be a serious thing going forward, not saying there won’t be another tournament in the future, however, this is NHLs chance to make it a staple. Now imagine a main stage finals match, decided in OT by the goalie not being able to cover the puck, or some shit animation that decides it. If you look at the eSports mainstays, there is no “EA luck” type of factor, or poor game mechanics that ultimately decide it.

This is NHLs chance to become something bigger in the future and it starts at the caps tourney and the NHL devs need to really realize what it has with the comp scene and gear more towards that, or at least separate the HUT side and the comp 6s side and give the same amount of attention to the comp side.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Kiroxy
  5. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    I wasn’t a massive fan of the 2 line lghl idea. But reading @LG McDonald ’s thoughts on it kind of changed my mind. I think it’s a very interesting idea!

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  6. Trae x8

Trae x8 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    trae#0
    Ratings:
    +469 / 37 / -87
    Psn is always harder to find 6 to play club with to me. Just kinda surprised that psn is more enthusiastic

7. Scooooter10

Scooooter10 ScooTz#5149

Discord:
    ScooTz#5149
    Ratings:
    +1,263 / 75 / -193
    I think if u limited to roster there would be less ffs. Because teams would generally be “more competitive” due to more players available. I like the idea honestly there would just be a lot of bitty picky details that would have to be established that u touched on. With that being said if that were the case I think it only makes sense to do a full clean slate and do a roster wipe

In World of CHEL
    scootz10
  8. trevwings

trevwings 2nd best Trev in LG

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    thats the point... it should be hard to crack an nhl roster and if you want a spot you should have to outplay someone who is established

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Spices and Herb

Spices and Herb S37 Oshawa Generals AGM

Discord:
    Spices and Herb#9559
    Ratings:
    +300 / 5 / -25
    CS GO should be the model. Keep the skill gap high and changes minor, build the scene through promoting 6v6 competitive. It should, like @HowRawTooRaw , be pushing competitive streams non-stop. The fact I struggle to find caps game tourneys and schedules is crazy. How is this tournament not even a fixed post? Edit: @HowToFIFA8 not raw

• Informative Informative x 2
    spicesnherb
  10. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +455 / 2 / -17

I get the logic and in theory it makes sense but that isn’t how it ever works. If guys in the NHL don’t know you, then you won’t get an NHL bid cause the top guys don’t want to play with people they don’t know. The issue is that even for club, it’s hard to play with NHL people. Many don’t play outside of LG except with their E sports teams. I understand the rationale for all of that but it makes it very hard for someone new to break in to the NHL level unless they know someone.

I made the NHL last season solely from word of mouth from one owner to another as a 500k bid. I absolutely cost at least 2 games early on. But as season went on, I adjusted to play. Had a good season considering I was on Rangers/Chicago all year. Me personally, I will probably willingly choose to go to the AHL next season (game times work better for my work schedule slightly) but I think it’s wrong that someone wouldn’t even have the chance to get the chance I got. The idea of “breaking through” to the NHL is a motivation for a lot of people.

The most important thing is to do what is best for LG at a given point in time. I will concede that for all the points I make above, RIGHT NOW it may be best to drop to 2 lines to ensure that the CHL gets additional TCs. I’ve said in other threads that the CHL is the most important league for LG growth. However, long term, I think the NHL needs to be 3 lines.

No Streaming Account
  11. HowRawTooRaw

HowRawTooRaw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +215 / 19 / -60
    What did howraw dooo

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    howrawtooraw
  12. Spices and Herb

Spices and Herb S37 Oshawa Generals AGM

Discord:
    Spices and Herb#9559
    Ratings:
    +300 / 5 / -25
    My b bb meant to, unfortunately, support fifas point

• Funny Funny x 1
    spicesnherb
  13. trevwings

trevwings 2nd best Trev in LG

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    word of mouth really is only a thing if youre a fringe/3rd line player. If youre good enough to be a second line player, you will be in the nhl unless you decide to stay down. If someone thinks theyre good enough to be in the nhl and theyre not known, they need to get known by playing club and working their way up. there are new chl guys that no one knew that have put themselves out there and now people know them. thinking of @Oakey and @Psych9978

No Streaming Account
  14. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Every psn team I’ve been in has been more active than nearly every Xbox team I’ve been in

LeagueGamingOfficial
  15. ll SiZZLe ll

ll SiZZLe ll Well-Known Member

Discord:
    llsizzlell#0
    Ratings:
    +46 / 12 / -30
    yeah it sucks when people cant do there glitchy plays they spent hours trying to master.

• Get Good Get Good x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    In World of CHEL
    llsizzlelll
  16. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    eSports is exactly what the Dev team has on their minds as they add things ti the game that level the playing field.

I personally don’t like someone aspect, the bumps from behind being a good example of that.

It the goal for them has always been balance. We all here can agree that they should tune the game more towards what the competitive community wants.
    the competitive division I don’t believe is concerned in how the game is programmed at all. Their focus is the business and we all know regardless of how the game plays, as long as NHL organizations put money into it, there will be events.

EA historically also takes baby steps. All the GWC stuff is going the way they want and exactly how the NHL wants as well for now.

I don’t think their timelines and our timelines as a community are the same

LeagueGamingOfficial
  17. Trae x8

Trae x8 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    trae#0
    Ratings:
    +469 / 37 / -87
    I must be on the wrong teams :confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Hansum Horty

Hansum Horty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    hansum_horty#0
    Ratings:
    +831 / 54 / -127
    Perhaps run the 2 Line idea for summer season and see how it goes.

Maybe try the no free salary idea as well. But there would need to be a script for this.

If it doesn’t work roster wipe for NHL 21.

Then you can say you tried almost everything.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. Lazy Pedestrian

Lazy Pedestrian Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    taking the results of the game out of the hands of the players and putting it into RNG shouldn't be labeled balance... it makes for a dogshit product. Dogshit players are still going to be dogshit but now good players have to deal with dogshit players getting lucky from time to time.

People don't want to play or watch a game for 25 minutes just to see luck decide the game. This is why sales figures continue to plummet every year.

• Winner Winner x 2
    LazyPedestrian
  20. soup31314

soup31314 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    soup31314#9713
    Ratings:
    +880 / 196 / -248
    That translate to 160 new players or prospects losing spots to learn to play a system of hockey.

I see every one talking about how there is no talent for a 3rd line, but what is being done to make players better to be a 3rd line? I have been in the CHL since S25, I remember back then all the prospects were complaining about how they had to play 72 games in the CHL before they could move up.. so it was changed to what it is now (I believe 48 games). Now owners in the CHL are whining about how teams are getting destroyed by call ups.

I literally had the worst team in the WHOLE CHL this season, and I had some guys that ego'ed and refused to play, but I had guys that were willing to step so that they got a chance to play.. what happenened? What always happens the top teams then scrub hunt, so you get games 13-1, 21-3, 8-1. Why? These are the same teams and owners that taken management in the CHL over and over so they can score 100 points, got 18-3. the CHL is not about overdeveloping anyone, it is about a group of guys that bid on the same guys over and over, when it comes time for them to move up the refuse.

The idea of all management team signs up, it isnt for a league, but just to own. This way you dont get a management team that quits week two cause they cant put a CHL level team together, you dont get guys dropping down to the CHL to own. You dont see crosby, ovi, or any other NHL player saying "oh I will change my gamertag, and sign up late to dodge down to the CHL".

The CHL was discussing a 4th line, I dont think 3rd or 4th lines should have the same rights as a 1st line. I think if LG changed up how availability works and instead of 3 games for every, tier it! If you are a 1st line guy you get 3 games a week, 2nd line 3 games a week, 3rd line gets 2 games, and 4th line gets 1 game a week. This way the guys that are good and play good get more games. The guys that "suck" get one game a week, so they learn how to play with the team. This also gives owners a little more power, if a guy isnt up to standard then you get drop a line, for awake up call.

I saw someone say that cracking a roster should be hard. Hell yeah it should be hard to crack a roster but not impossible. You dont see some 16 year old kid his rookie year in the CHL cracking a NHL roster. You do see a fringe player that works his butt off and players hard and gets a break or two. The 4th line guy might not be the best but that is why he is 4th line.

I would just hate to see 160 more higher level players come down to the CHL and make even more power teams. In the end it is all about a game and playing. We dont win cash, prizes, we get a little banner and icon.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    soup31314