Hate to post this but.......

Discussion in 'MLB 16: The Show' started by t_roy, Jul 1, 2004.

1. t_roy

t_roy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hate to post this bu

I have not gotten an answer from mknytrx or goalie (my biskit peep) and it might be that each thought the other was answering my question. So here it is.

I would like to move Reitsma (Stamina 98 ) into my starting rotation in place of Josh Hall and Claussen (stamina 95) into my starting rotation in replace of Acievado. Move both Hall and Acviedo into relief situations. I thought we could do this if both stamina's were above 90. Now can either of you fix on my roster or is it something I need to do.

Thanks for your quick reply ;)

No Streaming Account
  2. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to move Reitsma into my bullpen were he TRULY belongs. Thank you and have a nice day. :p

No Streaming Account
  3. t_roy

t_roy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have you not seen the :cinnr: record :shock: I need all the help I can get. My team stinks and so do I.

Here is how my batting goes. I hit a homerun, foul of course, I pop up to the infield and outfield or I strike out. :oops:

That pretty much sums up how my game goes. The first two innings I can pitch with anyone, but after that they start throwing down the middle even though I have the stick pointing to the outside/inside/up/down part of the plate. Then I get whiplash watching the ball get blasted over my head and over the fence. [-(

I love this game. :evil:

No Streaming Account
  4. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Would be different if we play on all-star. Teams like yours would actually stand a chance.

No Streaming Account
  5. PhilipRivers17

PhilipRivers17 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    your bullpen can't be worse than the tigers. You just gotta learn your pitchers and what pitches they can and can't make. Thats what i did.

i use to have the same problem with my bats as well. i was scoreing about 5 runs per series and i just worked out a strategy to get the ball i wanted to hit.

just work with what you've got, learn your pitchers strengths and weaknesses and stay safe.

No Streaming Account
  6. stljohnson

stljohnson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Legend is the way to IMO all the games are preety realistic usually its low scoring, but sometimes it turns into a rout.

No Streaming Account
  7. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure we can all agree that pro is garbage and most all the games are decided on whose pitcher hangs the most pitches that game. Atleast that's the way I see it.

No Streaming Account
  8. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Trust me, I had the Reds and they have to have one of the worst pitching staffs around. I wrote down their stats in a post a long time ago and even though most of them were in the 50 range, ALL BUT ONE OR TWO of the relief pitchers only had 3 pitches to choose from. That's absurd.

One of the reasons I quit the league, albeit not a major one, was that the Reds pitching staff was horrid. It's not a question of learning what they can and can't throw because they can't throw anything. If it's in the strike zone, it will be hit. I don't think any of the starting pitchers were able to throw very far into the 90's, or into the 90's for that matter.

I'm usually good at working with low-skilled players and making them get the job done. The Reds were a completely different story. Look for the post about the worst rotations or worst teams out there and you'll see the stats of the Reds pitching staff. Like I said, it's not bad enough that there skill points were awful, but throw in a lack of pitch choices and it was no-win situation.

No Streaming Account
  9. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm not exactly rolling with a great team, but seem to be doing okay so far this season. 12-3 with the Rangers. We all know their pitching has a lot to be desired.

10. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: Hate to post thi

I think it is too late to do this. You had to do this before the start of the season.

11. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree Juji here as I killed his reds because they thought the way to win was to throw it down the middle every time. :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  12. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Your team has a very good offense so you can afford to give up 5+ runs and still win... kind of like the REAL rangers. :p

...Kind of like my Braves too.... bring back glavine, maddux, and millwood!!!

No Streaming Account
  13. jujimum

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    To make matters worse, those were the ones where the controller was vibrating too :?

The Reds suck in this game.

No Streaming Account
  14. PhilipRivers17

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    in my honest opinion...and this is my OPINION, i disagree with you jujimum. I do beleive that it is a question of learning what they can and can't throw. My pitchers will hang balls from the first pitch they throw, to the last. What i have learned is that when you throw breaking balls, i fyou aim it any where in the strike zone, it will go right down tehmiddle. to correct this, i aim it a little bit outside of the strike zone and when he does miss his target it will hit the corner.

now i do agree with MP and STL johnson about the PRO setting. I think it is very hard to pitch in pro setting, but you just have to adapt and learn your pitchers strengths and weaknesses.

heres the pitchers ratings for the reds and tigers.

Acevedo RTG 68
    Hall RTG 74
    Harang RTG 58
    Haynes RTG 52
    Wilson RTG 66

Bonderman 57
    Cornejo 56
    Johnson 64
    knotts 59
    Maroth 60

They are very similar.

but once again this is my opinion and you dont have to agree with that. i'm just adding my input. This may help since we are not allowed to change our rotation after the season starts.

EDIT: only two of my pitchers can hit the 90s. Anderson can hit 103

No Streaming Account
  15. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just like the winner being determined by actual knowledge of the game and skill rather than hanging pitches determined by the COMPUTER. I mean yah it takes skill I guess to recognize the hangers but I mean come on.... Until the difficulty gets bumped up this will be an offensive league with the few execptions every now and then. Look at how many HR's Marauders and I have with only like 11-15 games played... thats rediculous

No Streaming Account
  16. PhilipRivers17

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    agreed, maybe the difficulty setting should be changed to All Star, but until then i'm playin it safe!@111

No Streaming Account
  17. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Like I dont mind the ball missing the spot but to aim in the dirt and completely hang a FASTBALL is rediculous. I can kind of understand the random hanging slider and curve ball but it still happens way to often in my opinion.

No Streaming Account
  18. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's exactly why I hate this game. The computer determines everything.

No Streaming Account
  19. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah, but I was kinda talking about pitching. You know the Rangers suck at pitching at this game and I have figured out how to keep my pitches from hanging. Every once in a great moon, I get one that hangs, but I know what causes it, so I don't do it anymore. I've actually taken a few scrubs (i.e. Lewis who's majority of pitch types are in the 30's) and used him the whole game only allowing maybe 1 or 2 runs.

20. jujimum

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Philip (or Phillip), yeah I agree that those pitchers are similar. However, what are the differences in pitch choices for each pitcher? Like I said, all but one or two of the Reds' relievers have 3 pitches too choose from. Including the closer. If I remember correctly, most of the three choices are the same for each pitcher.

Anyway, I really can't make any strong points here as I haven't touched this game since I played my last League game here.

I totally agree with everyone on the difficulty setting too. That was another factor in my choice to not play in the league ;)

No Streaming Account